Live aboard the Mardi Gras

jimbo5544

12 hours ago, BabyJacks17 said:

Hope you have the best time onboard the Mardi Gras!!  

I just debarked today - we had an excel aft suite on the 12th floor and the shower ALONE took the experience to another level! I would have showered x4 a day if it wouldn’t take away time from exploring the ship. 🤣

I know you will enjoy everything he room and ship has to offer. 

It certainly is special

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Tried something new.  Went to A pasta class in the CarnivAl kitchen.  Had a blast. 

E9AE123C-C0D8-43CF-96D5-CCBF6F265DD1.jpeg

DF33C7E9-3CC8-4947-A4D1-C984AE6D6A24.jpeg

8BD360D9-76A8-4F84-A476-D6FEB8A0F4D8.jpeg

A20B537B-177C-40AD-A308-47895DB5C972.jpeg

DE716731-1DF8-4F9F-B842-72C5927FF33F.jpeg

How much was the class and how long was it? We are going to be on board 2/13! If you happen to notice the street eats fries during this cruise I am curious to see if they can be ordered as plain fries! Thanks and I look forward to following along as you explore this awesome ship. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UpstateCruizer said:

How much was the class and how long was it? We are going to be on board 2/13! If you happen to notice the street eats fries during this cruise I am curious to see if they can be ordered as plain fries! Thanks and I look forward to following along as you explore this awesome ship. 

$30 for the one I did, about 50 minutes.  

Edited by jimbo5544

5 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

He is not the cd this week.  Another brit named Mike

Chris Williams/Donkey was just moved from Horizon to Sunshine in Dec. when Horizon went to drydock for repairs and Sunshine was brought back into service. Waitstaff I spoke with said they were staying on Sunshine even after Horizon returned. I didn't know Chris Williams was slated to move again.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sunshower9 said:

I'm excited for your review even though I just got off the Mardi Gras yesterday. 🙂   I want to hear all about what you think of your room because I have the same one (deck 15 port side) booked on the Celebration next year. 

Will give my cents about it at end of review.  That said, love the rooms

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mondello said:

Chris Williams/Donkey was just moved from Horizon to Sunshine in Dec. when Horizon went to drydock for repairs and Sunshine was brought back into service. Waitstaff I spoke with said they were staying on Sunshine even after Horizon returned. I didn't know Chris Williams was slated to move again.

We had Jake on Sunshine on Jan 13, 2022.  He was great!

9 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

We had Jake on Sunshine on Jan 13, 2022.  He was great!

Jake? My bad if I'm wrong. I thought the CD was Chris Williams/Donkey. Now I'm confused, is Jake/Donkey the same CD? Truthfully, I pay nearly zero attention to the CD. Never knew why anyone would use a nickname like Donkey, even though I thought he preferred to be called by his given name?

Just read post #69, maybe I was half right?

Edited by mondello
Add

21 minutes ago, mondello said:

Jake? My bad if I'm wrong. I thought the CD was Chris Williams/Donkey. Now I'm confused, is Jake/Donkey the same CD? Truthfully, I pay nearly zero attention to the CD. Never knew why anyone would use a nickname like Donkey, even though I thought he preferred to be called by his given name?

Just read post #69, maybe I was half right?

We were on the first Sunshine cruise out of Charleston so maybe Jake took over as CD.  He had a cute tag line "Jake Care" at the end of his announcements and did a great prancing pony dance🤣

6 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

We were on the first Sunshine cruise out of Charleston so maybe Jake took over as CD.  He had a cute tag line "Jake Care" at the end of his announcements and did a great prancing pony dance🤣

Yeah, apparently Chris Williams was rotated back to Horizon and seems Mardi Gras may have a new CD, too.