Bed near balcony or bath?

ToniV

We had to do this a couple of times when renting a scooter for my husband. We needed to know the configuration of our cabin since we did not have an accessible cabin. In our case, however, we contacted the accessibility department & informed them of the cabin we had selected. They then had to actually check with someone on the ship. After not hearing anything for about two weeks I had to call and ask again. This time they reply did come in about another week. That was the first time &  we actually had to change cabins to get the configuration we needed. The second time I called The accessibility department and inquired which of two cabins would have the right configuration for us and the info came back within a couple of days.

There are cruisers who have kindly replied when I’ve asked a question about a cabin configuration. What they actually know is what usually is the case. However, on occasion the usual pattern of which cabins have the bed by the bathroom and which cabins have it at the end of the cabin on sny particular deck or area of the ship gets changed for some reason. So Royal Caribbean advised me never to rely on such information but to contact them to make sure. Supposedly sometimes there are spots on a ship where the usual layout has changed or doesn’t apply. 
Good luck finding what you want!

• Thanks 1

I had asked this question before our last trip on RC Serenade.  On this particular ship all beds are near the balcony in balcony rooms.  (Junior suites are different from what I read.)

We usually ask our TA or cruiseline directly on other cruises for a bed by the bathroom when choosing our cabin #.  Like to sit on couch watching the sea.

Your best bet is to ask on the board here for HAL and Royal.  On older HAL ships I believe all cabins had bed by the bath, no alternating pattern.  I don’t sail Royal so can’t comment there, except to say that I believe the newer ships have an alternating system, as the do on Celebrity.  EM

On Royal, the bed to balcony position typically alternates every other stateroom within the balcony categories.  On our last cruise a few weeks ago on Allure we were in a starboard balcony ending in 52.  Our traveling friends were in 50.  Our bed was next to the balcony and theirs was next to the bathroom.  Progressing through the staterooms, 54 was next to the bathroom, 56 next to the balcony, and so on.  Port side would be similar.

I should add that this was our experience on Allure and may not be the same number pattern on a different ship.  Obviously the key is in determining one location on a given ship by number and going from there.  The point is that they typically alternate throughout the deck within each category. 

I agree that usually the position of the beds on Royal Caribbean ships alternate between adjacent cabins. I can’t speak for every ship but on most ships it’s as

leaveitallbehind stated. However, as I mentioned earlier, I was advised by Royal Caribbean that there are occasional exceptions to that rule (though perhaps very rare).