14 Day Cruise - Will Seabourn allow you to shorten and book 10 day?

robertmartha

Seems like an odd request I know - but thought I would ask this board which has a wealth of experience and knowledge!

We are looking at a 14 day sailing BUT due to work (yep still working 😔) could realistically only do a ten day and would disembark early at the port on day 10.

I believe Seabourn would let us do this with proper notification and paperwork.....but the real question is would they provide a slightly discounted rate?

I am assuming no...since it would be lost revenue for them for those 4 days. We are looking at a repositioning Canada to Miami (end of Oct early Nov) and would disembark in NY on day 10 (we live in NY).

Thought I would ask here first if anyone has had this situation and what your experience was.

THANK YOU - really want to be back on board a Seabourn sailing !

Bob from NY

The other thing to be aware of is that during the Covid era, they have at least sometimes not allowed people to get off in any port other than the scheduled port at the end of the cruise. Since you're aiming for disembarking in the same country (US) as scheduled, just in a different city, it might be allowed. But it might depend on both the availability to clear customs and immigration at the port terminal they're using in New York as well as Covid protocols. Bottom line: you have to ask Seabourn to get definitive answers on these questions, as past rules may not apply.

That is so funny.  

That reminds me of a story. A young child kept staring at his grandmother, she asks, "why do you keep staring like that at me"  The child replies, "my daddy says you drink like a fish"

• Haha 1

Thank you everyone - and for the information cruiseej about latest rules and regs. Would definitely make sure it would be possible to disembark in NY. Can't imagine being in port and not being able to disembark in the city you live in---and then sailing away...but then again they haven't met my other half...it would not be a pretty exchange 😨  

8 hours ago, robertmartha said:

We are looking at a 14 day sailing BUT due to work (yep still working 😔) could realistically only do a ten day and would disembark early at the port on day 10.

I believe Seabourn would let us do this with proper notification and paperwork.....but the real question is would they provide a slightly discounted rate?

I am assuming no...since it would be lost revenue for them for those 4 days. We are looking at a repositioning Canada to Miami (end of Oct early Nov) and would disembark in NY on day 10 (we live in NY).

I've met couples on board who either embarked a few days late or disembarked a few days early, and they never got a discount.

@robertmartha I thought I had seen this somewhere, and I found it in the FAQs for US cruises:

Can guests do an itinerary deviation to arrive or depart from an alternate port?
No, guests must embark and disembark at the published turn ports.

Still, I'd check with Seabourn. But unless they make an exception to their current policy, you may not be able to get off in New York.

WOW - thank you again cruiseej!. Looks like I have a lot of calls to make if we proceed.

BTW - I see you are in Philadelphia. Wife and I had a fabulous stay over the long July 4th Holiday weekend last year in Philly - had some fabulous meals but city itself was rather quiet. Was not sure if it was due to the holiday weekend or and combined with covid.

6 hours ago, robertmartha said:

Wife and I had a fabulous stay over the long July 4th Holiday weekend last year in Philly - had some fabulous meals but city itself was rather quiet. Was not sure if it was due to the holiday weekend or and combined with covid.

It was definitely subdued due to Covid. The city usually has a lot going on on July 4 weekend, being that the holiday commemorates the creation of the Declaration of Independence here in Philly. 😉   

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 12:33 AM, texanaust said:

Silversea used to allow port flexibility for a pro-rated fare.  We did it once joining in San Juan.  I think it was during the financial crisis and they stopped doing it shortly thereafter.

That was standing policy for many years on SS.   Might still be, Dana.