NCL Pearl Suites with Butler Service?

blaurie

Good Morning!

I've done a search and can't find an answer on this. I'm trying to find out which Suites on Pearl outside of the Haven have butler service? The website says "some have" the service, but they don't ever tell you which one. And, when you call, they have no idea! 

I received an upgrade offer for next weeks Pearl sailing and the Aft Penthouse upgrade offer starts at $200-$250. The actual upgrade to just change my reservation is $550 total. So I'm debating doing it.. but don't really know what I'd be getting?

Thank you!

I had the same question when I booked an aft-facing penthouse on deck 9 of the Jewel. My PCC told me that the concierge would be included but that the butler service was no longer 24 hours. She didn’t know which hours I would have access to the butler and that there would be a letter in my cabin on embarkation to let me know. It’s not a big issue for me since I rarely have anything to request so I’m fine with this change. I would, however, hate to lose access to the concierge!

There’s been discussion in a few other threads about this ambiguous language regarding the amenities of some of the suites on the Jewel-class ships. The two comments above are the first I’m aware of reporting on asking NCL about this. The vague answers are very disappointing.  

There are non-Haven Penthouse suites that do clearly specify that butler and concierge services are included. Take a look at aft-facing SM, and forward-facing SD and SF.

Good luck! 

We are just off the January 19 Gem. We had a butler & concierge. We got the Haven  breakfast & lunch options & priority embarking & disembarking. We got everything but access to the Haven common, which isn’t much on the Jewel class. We were in the forward penthouse with large balcony. I highly recommend it!

• Like 1

We were on the Pearl a few years ago in an aft balcony. As joyy7403 said, we had butler & concierge. We also got the Haven  breakfast & lunch options & priority Embarking & disembarking.  The breakfast and lunch options were great and we had dinner in our room a few times. 

butler made sure we had plenty of hot chocolate mix during our Alaska cruise. 

3 hours ago, kismet618 said:

Haven't seen any document like this before - thanks!

Does anyone have one for a Jewel class ship, showing any distinctions between Haven suites and plain vanilla suites?  That would answer a lot of questions... if such is available. 

GC

2 hours ago, joyy7403 said:

We are just off the January 19 Gem. We had a butler & concierge. We got the Haven  breakfast & lunch options & priority embarking & disembarking. We got everything but access to the Haven common, which isn’t much on the Jewel class. We were in the forward penthouse with large balcony. I highly recommend it!

The Gem is a Jewel class ship with a Haven...

Edited by kismet618

1 hour ago, kismet618 said:

The Gem is a Jewel class ship with a Haven...

The poster said as much. This sentence says that's there's a Haven on the ship, but they didn't have access to it: "We got everything but access to the Haven common, which isn’t much on the Jewel class. "

The statement on the NCL website states that butler/concierge service for SN category suites is available “in select cabins.” This is a new rule and pertains only to the SN category (aft-facing suites on decks 8 and 9) on the Jewel , and I’m assuming all Jewel class ships. That is why I asked my PCC about it, and I posted her response above. I’m hoping that NCL hasn’t put this into effect yet, but this is what is currently stated on their website.

5 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

Haven't seen any document like this before - thanks!

Does anyone have one for a Jewel class ship, showing any distinctions between Haven suites and plain vanilla suites?  That would answer a lot of questions... if such is available. 

GC

Hi, I originally posted that list of amenities from the Dawn.  If you are interested in another ship, you can chat with a CS rep, and they will email you the list for any other specific ship.  

33 minutes ago, Lisakct said:

Hi, I originally posted that list of amenities from the Dawn.  If you are interested in another ship, you can chat with a CS rep, and they will email you the list for any other specific ship.  

Thanks!  I just had never seen one of those, and it's really helpful.

Just think how useful it would be if they made those available on the website.  Passengers would be able to know much better in advance what to expect, or perhaps "what not to expect", etc.

Properly managing expectations is a huge part of any customer service situation.

But for NCL to post that X or Y is available "in select cabins"... Yikes!

That seems to be just looking for disappointments and arguments later.  Either it is available for a particular cabin (or suite) or it is not.  Just let the passenger know, and they can make an informed decision.

Um, sort of like *showing* that the 2BR Haven suite, as illustrated in the Floor Plan, does not, in fact, have that lovely tub that is, to some (not all, obviously!), so inviting...

When do you suppose their plans for those new bathrooms were done, approved, full stop, so that NCL *knew* exactly how the bathrooms would be outfitted?  I'd think at least when construction actually began.

I'm sure it was by the time the construction was.... completed. 😉 

And absolutely by the time passengers were actually occupying the suites!  Duh!

But I digress...

GC

• Like 1

Just part of a response to this new wording...deck 10 aft penthouse suites HAVE butler and concierge, decks 8 and 9 aft penthouses MAY. Per NCL website. I'd love to see wording that included or excluded the bkfst/lunch perk at Cagney/Moderno for full suites.

• 2 years later...
12 hours ago, bonvoyagie said:

There are several threads about this here on cc. The most recent answer to this question is that the SN suites butler service ends at midnight. The SM suites have a 24 hr butler.

Add to the confusion with nonofficial statement.