Navigator App Updates

ShipWalker

8 hours ago, KroozNut said:

All I can say is that 4.23.1 did solve all of my issues that I had with 4.23.0, except that now I can't view menus for the various dining venues. 😏

YMMV, but if you do decide to update, let us know how it goes..🙂

As you asked: my android phone just updated itself to 4,.23.1

No corrected itinerary, no menus for MDR, Pinnacle or Canaletto.

Before, once I got 4.17 back by myself, I had the menus and the old itinerary, virtually everything.

HAL is getting closer.  I hope I get it all soon, or I will have to go back to 4.17

Thanks for your help :)

• Thanks 1

I also automatically updated to 4.23.1, and also can't get menus.  I do have them from previous Samsung downloads, but I am going on the NS in a week and a half, and want to make sure everything works on the app.  Who knows what else isn't working because some of the things cannot be used until aboard.  So very interested to hear if the IT staff gets back to anyone to resolve this!  And thanks from a Buffalo gal who desperately needs to see a blue sky.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What is it going to take for HAL to get their app to work correctly?  This has been going on since before Covid, the app doesn't work most of the time and is terribly designed and not user friendly. This app should show the menus in the dinning and bar venues for every night of your upcoming cruise, not just the current day. makes planning where to eat impossible beyond the current day. I have two future HAL cruises booked but this terrible app only shows my first upcoming one, can't find anyway to switch to the other cruise.  BTW everything I complain about above is available and works on the Celebrity app. If Celebrity can do it right, why can't HAL? I guess the HAL It department has no incentive to get the app right.

BTW I sent emails to the HAL support IT department after our Oosterdam cruise last year about my complaints above and all I got was the standard "We are working on it and we will have an update soon" I call BS they are working on it.

Edited by terrydtx

On 2/1/2022 at 12:48 PM, ShipWalker said:

Version 4.5.0 is now available.

To find your current version press "Experiences" in the center bottom banner with the ship and then press "about".

My app store doesn't seem to have the 4.5.0 version.

I have restarted my Android no less than 7 times.  One day the APP works, the next day my activity calendar is blank.  I have never seen a menu nor expect to.

The most concerning situation is that we have tried for days to upload or take a security photo.  Not going to happen.  I give up.

7 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

As you asked: my android phone just updated itself to 4,.23.1

No corrected itinerary, no menus for MDR, Pinnacle or Canaletto.

Before, once I got 4.17 back by myself, I had the menus and the old itinerary, virtually everything.

HAL is getting closer.  I hope I get it all soon, or I will have to go back to 4.17

Thanks for your help 🙂

Were you able to upload or take a security photo?  The APP has permission to use camera, but feature is still not working.

9 hours ago, tinykygal said:

Were you able to upload or take a security photo?  The APP has permission to use camera, but feature is still not working.

I have the same problem with the security photo and also can't access menus. Running 4.23.1 on Android, Samsing S20+

16 hours ago, terrydtx said:

BTW I sent emails to the HAL support IT department after our Oosterdam cruise last year about my complaints above and all I got was the standard "We are working on it and we will have an update soon" I call BS they are working on it.

I sent their IT support department an email Sat morning about the menu issues with 4.23.1, and have not heard anything back yet, not even the 'we're working on it' nonsense.
If it's not resolved prior to our departure Saturday, I guess our only other option is to consult the guest services folks after we board and see if they can help with it. I doubt they will though..

10 hours ago, tinykygal said:

I have restarted my Android no less than 7 times.  One day the APP works, the next day my activity calendar is blank.  I have never seen a menu nor expect to.

The most concerning situation is that we have tried for days to upload or take a security photo.  Not going to happen.  I give up.

I was actually able to do the security photos, just no menus.. 😏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KroozNut said:

I sent their IT support department an email Sat morning about the menu issues with 4.23.1, and have not heard anything back yet, not even the 'we're working on it' nonsense.
If it's not resolved prior to our departure Saturday, I guess our only other option is to consult the guest services folks after we board and see if they can help with it. I doubt they will though..

Not Guest Services, but tell them you want to see the IT person onboard. On the WC this person was helping pax fix their app problems, among other things.

17 minutes ago, NW Watty said:

You could try deleting the app and redownloading.  I have not tried that yet.

Been there and done that. Not the solution.  This appears to be a continuing problem, with a new glitch every time you try something new. I expect HAL will get this usable in time. Can't waste more time on this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've got the latest 4.23.1, and it does know that I have a cruise booked for next summer (2025). No specialty restaurant menus come up for me, either. 

But the really crazy thing is, it keeps sending me alerts. Yesterday it was a tour in Costa Rica (the one that I took in January). The day before that, it was my reservation for Pinnacle. I tried to find out if they could deliver it to my house, but no luck. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I've got the latest 4.23.1, and it does know that I have a cruise booked for next summer (2025). No specialty restaurant menus come up for me, either. 

But the really crazy thing is, it keeps sending me alerts. Yesterday it was a tour in Costa Rica (the one that I took in January). The day before that, it was my reservation for Pinnacle. I tried to find out if they could deliver it to my house, but no luck. 

You mentioned no specialty restaurant menus, but are you getting some menus, like MDR or wine listing?

2 hours ago, KroozNut said:

You mentioned no specialty restaurant menus, but are you getting some menus, like MDR or wine listing?

Nothing. If I tap the pinnacle on the home page, I get the prices and a description of how wonderful Pinnacle is. If I try to get the menu, it doesn't do anything.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Nothing. If I tap the pinnacle on the home page, I get the prices and a description of how wonderful Pinnacle is. If I try to get the menu, it doesn't do anything.

Well, maybe it does something...  On mine it turns a pretty blue 🙂

-gregma