Navigator App Updates

ShipWalker

8 hours ago, Earplug said:

This works!  Thank you so much! 

Updating to 4.21 (Android).  No way to use it as sign-in page kept disappearing instantly, so could not get into the app at all.

Used the above link and back to 4.17 now. No menus for MRD, Lido, Pinnacle or Canaletto or wine list. Rest seems OK.

Edited by SilvertoGold
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SilvertoGold said:

This works!  Thank you so much! 

Updating to 4.21 (Android).  No way to use it as sign-in page kept disappearing instantly, so could not get into the app at all.

Used the above link and back to 4.17 now. No menus for MRD, Lido, Pinnacle or Canaletto or wine list. Rest seems OK.

Did you try rebooting the phone after the update?

5 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Dang it.. Just updated to 4.23 on my S22, and now the app doesn't work. Something about a bug and to wait for a fix.. 😕

I am sorry I said anything, but it works fine on my S22 phone, I have never been impressed with HAL IT and the Navigator app. I am getting the fix bug message on my Tab S7 tablet however.

11 hours ago, Laminator said:

Did you try rebooting the phone after the update?

Haha. Didn't think of that, actually not sure how to do this :)  I don't want to blow this completely so could you let me know exactly what to do?  Many thanks!

Edited by SilvertoGold

42 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

Haha. Didn't think of that, actually not sure how to do this 🙂 I don't want to blow this completely so could you let me know exactly what to do?  Many thanks!

I am not sure what kind of android phone you have. I have buttons on the side on my S22 Ultra. All you need to do is restart the phone. On my phone once it is on I hold the smaller bottom button in for a few seconds. You should see power off, restart and emergency call buttons on the phone screen. Press the restart button until the phone goes black. The phone will restart for you. 

2 minutes ago, Laminator said:

I am not sure what kind of android phone you have. I have buttons on the side on my S22 Ultra. All you need to do is restart the phone. On my phone once it is on I hold the smaller bottom button in for a few seconds. You should see power off, restart and emergency call buttons on the phone screen. Press the restart button until the phone goes black. The phone will restart for you. 

Yes!  I did that yesterday.  I'll see what happens today, and try that again.  Not sure why so much on this app is fine, just like before.  I noticed that besides the food and wine sections being blank, the day-by-day events sections for my cruise is completely gone, as well. Good thing I looked at it a few days ago.  Thanks very much for your help!! :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

A new version 4.23.1 was released last night and it fixed the crashing bug on my S7 Tablet.

Yes, I saw that this morning and loaded it to my S22 device. No more crashes, and everything seems to be working fine except that I can no longer view menus for the various dining venues.

I was able to view the menus in 4.17.0, and I can view other PDF files, so I don't think it's a setting on my device.

Does anyone have any recommendations for solving this issue? I've already tried clearing cache, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and restarting my device several times with no luck.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, KroozNut said:

Yes, I saw that this morning and loaded it to my S22 device. No more crashes, and everything seems to be working fine except that I can no longer view menus for the various dining venues.

I was able to view the menus in 4.17.0, and I can view other PDF files, so I don't think it's a setting on my device.

Does anyone have any recommendations for solving this issue? I've already tried clearing cache, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and restarting my device several times with no luck.

Thanks!

I have the same issue with seeing the menus, I tried everything you did and nothing helps.  HAL must have a bunch of low paid teenagers running the IT department.  So frustrating that they can't get something like their app to work correctly. The menu issue is both on my phone and tablet so it's not the settings.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I have the same issue with seeing the menus, I tried everything you did and nothing helps.  HAL must have a bunch of low paid teenagers running the IT department.  So frustrating that they can't get something like their app to work correctly. The menu issue is both on my phone and tablet so it's not the settings.

I had the same problem, the menus plus wine list were not showing for a day and a half.  Then, it was all back, including our next cruise's events list (daily program)

44 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

I had the same problem, the menus plus wine list were not showing for a day and a half.  Then, it was all back, including our next cruise's events list (daily program)

Are you still running 4.17, or did you update to the just released 4.23.1?

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

I agree.. I'm not very impressed with their IT department, especially of late with the Navigator app fiasco.

I did send their Navigator support desk an email this morning about the menu issue with 4.23.1. Waiting to hear back, but not holding my breath. We sail on NS next Saturday and it would be nice if that feature worked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilvertoGold said:

I did download 4.23 but it would not let me sign in, which rendered it totally unusable. So I went back to 4.17

Right.. we're now talking about a brand new release - 4.23.1, which solved most of the issues we were having with 4.23.0. Except that now we can't see the menus.

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I disagree-I bet if they hired teens it would work well!  😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, KroozNut said:

...I did send their Navigator support desk an email this morning about the menu issue with 4.23.1. Waiting to hear back, but not holding my breath. We sail on NS next Saturday and it would be nice if that feature worked.

Did you send them the link to this thread where all the beta testers are located?

4 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Right.. we're now talking about a brand new release - 4.23.1, which solved most of the issues we were having with 4.23.0. Except that now we can't see the menus.

So, should I bother to try the new 4.23.1?  Will it do the same as 4.23 and not let me sign in?

14 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

So, should I bother to try the new 4.23.1?  Will it do the same as 4.23 and not let me sign in?

All I can say is that 4.23.1 did solve all of my issues that I had with 4.23.0, except that now I can't view menus for the various dining venues. 😏

YMMV, but if you do decide to update, let us know how it goes..🙂

• Thanks 1