Just off the Apex ask me anything.

acshelco

23 minutes ago, joetop2467 said:

How strict are they about the mask mandate indoors?

Masks required anywhere indoors. Saying that I did see some with them not over their noses and no one said anything to them. Also you can be sitting in a bar or restaurant and can have them off even if your not actively eating or drinking.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, followyourheart said:

While the majority wore masks I never saw those not wearing them being asked to put them on in the theater or while  dancing at Martini Bar.  There were general announcements or reminders in the daily newspaper but no enforcement to back that up. 

I heard specific announcements in the theatre, in the Club, and by the trivia hosts at events "reminding" folks of the rules. I thought compliance was very good.

mac_tlc 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acshelco said:

Just finished our first ever cruise on the Apex from Jan 29th till Feb 5th. I really appreciated all the info I learned on here and so wanted to help anyone else that had questions. Ask away.

A few of the usual questions:

1) Were there any COVID-related announcements?  Crew or passenger positive numbers or percentages?

2) Did you miss any ports?  If so, did they blame any missed ports on the virus?

3) Did all the shows go on as scheduled?

4) Did they provide masks?  How many?  What type (cloth, surgical, KN95, N95)?

13 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

A few of the usual questions:

1) Were there any COVID-related announcements?  Crew or passenger positive numbers or percentages?

2) Did you miss any ports?  If so, did they blame any missed ports on the virus?

3) Did all the shows go on as scheduled?

4) Did they provide masks?  How many?  What type (cloth, surgical, KN95, N95)?

1. No covid announcements.

2. No missed ports you could explore all of them on your own.

3. All shows went as scheduled.

4. I was given a regular surgical mask at one of the restaurants but never saw them giving anyone a N95.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, acshelco said:

4. I was given a regular surgical mask at one of the restaurants but never saw them giving anyone a N95.

Thanks for the prompt response.  The reason why I asked about the mask giveaways is that when I was on the Summit in September, I received two cloth masks as part of my welcome-to-the-cabin package.  No masks were required of passengers at that time, of course.  Did they really not give you guys any masks upon arrival?  

13 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Thanks for the prompt response.  The reason why I asked about the mask giveaways is that when I was on the Summit in September, I received two cloth masks as part of my welcome-to-the-cabin package.  No masks were required of passengers at that time, of course.  Did they really not give you guys any masks upon arrival?  

Sorry about that forgot about the 2 blue cloth masks that were in our room on arrival. Very nice cloth masks will use them again when I get home.

• Like 1

What category were you in?  

Is this the first time sailing on X?

What is your impression of the ship?

Was it the best cruise ever?   The reason I ask is because they always say that they want it to be your best cruise ever.   Problem is sometimes it has nothing to do with them but who you are with. 🥰

Did you book another cruise? 

Thanks

Happy cruising 🚢🇺🇸🌅

55 minutes ago, miched said:

Was it the best cruise ever?   The reason I ask is because they always say that they want it to be your best cruise ever.   Problem is sometimes it has nothing to do with them but who you are with. 🥰

Thanks

Happy cruising 🚢🇺🇸🌅

SV

No.

Best in fleet. (because of the PEOPLE!)

Was just as enjoyable as our 2 weeks in July.

Already booked for Silly in May.

4 hours ago, miched said:

Thanks

Happy cruising 🚢🇺🇸🌅

I was in a IV first time ever cruising. Ship was amazing everything so clean and new feeling. I think we are spoiled for regular cruises now was told 1143 passengers and 1100 crew. It really felt like you had no lines anywhere and the crew were so good to help you in anyway they could. No I'm broke now haha

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, johnnylikely said:

Did ya like it? How does it compare to the Solstice class?

Reviews have been more mix mix with the Edge class than I would've thought...

Defo want to try it tho!

Loved it. First time ever cruising so can't compare it to another ship but I find it hard to believe any of the other ships out there can match this one for it's beauty and elegance. You really felt like you were in a high end floating resort hotel.

3 hours ago, joetop2467 said:

Where did you get your pre cruise COVID test?  Did you print the result or use your phone?

Did it from home over the internet 2 days before the cruise so I could use it for my flight from Canada and for the cruise. Printed it out they said that was the better option.

2 hours ago, kathynorth said:

Can you show a copy of your vaccination card on your phone or do you have to have the small card? Will they accept a printout of your certificate from the CDC VAMS system? 

I'm Canadian I used my certificate printed out worked no problem

1 hour ago, Jordanyaya1 said:

We are booked on Apex in SV. How did you like the room? 

We were in the IV we really liked it. We usually left the window open at night because we liked hearing the sound of the ocean. But the ac won't come on when you have it open so I can see some not liking that. Shower was amazing so big!

5 minutes ago, floridianny said:

How did you find the beds? Were they comfortable? I know everyone has their preferences, but we find the beds on S-class ships to be too hard.  

Very comfortable. My wife described them as firm but not hard