Live Value Cruising Review of Oasis of the Sea 2/6/22 - 2/13/22 Plenty of Pictures!

BennyBrun

3 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

See that looks good and it offers something you can not get at MDR which makes sense to buy the UDP and I think for $166.99 PP it is worth it.  On Oasis some of the entrées that I would order shows up at the main dinning room which makes no sense to buy the UDP on Oasis of the Sea for me, and I will be enjoying my complimentary dinning options in May and June.

We were on a B2B and for the first week had the UDP.  We mainly loved dining at Izumi and Hooked.  We went to Chops twice and didn’t really think it was that good.  Didn’t bother with Jamie’s.  We did skip specialty dining on Lobster Tail night though.  That one week of specialty dining was enough for us.  We were ready to go back to the MDR and Windjammer.  $166.99/pp is a great price.  That’s for 7 Nights on Symphony?  

Thanks for taking so much of your vacation time to share with us all so much information and especially photos.  Just curious, didn’t you start out on your B2B with a travel partner but then you ended up solo on the second leg?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alexgtp said:

Do you have the disembarkation info. What time is the last group allowed to get off.

Thanks enjoyed following this thread. Sailing her in April! with UDP and DBP.  So excited to feast and drink.. LOL!

Thank you so much!  I hope you have a fantastic cruise!

I don’t have the disembarkation paper any more but most likely it will change.  We had stateroom waiting due to the protocols and you watch your number on the TV and go when it’s displayed.  You had to vacate by 9AM.  I actually like this way so much better because there was not back up at the elevators and I didn’t have to ride up to ride down because every car was full!  They should really consider keep this disembarkation process. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

We were on a B2B and for the first week had the UDP.  We mainly loved dining at Izumi and Hooked.  We went to Chops twice and didn’t really think it was that good.  Didn’t bother with Jamie’s.  We did skip specialty dining on Lobster Tail night though.  That one week of specialty dining was enough for us.  We were ready to go back to the MDR and Windjammer.  $166.99/pp is a great price.  That’s for 7 Nights on Symphony?  

Thanks for taking so much of your vacation time to share with us all so much information and especially photos.  Just curious, didn’t you start out on your B2B with a travel partner but then you ended up solo on the second leg?

7 Nights on the Symphony on 3/12.  If I can have lobster every night at booked I would skip the MDR tail night as well especially if it’s Maine Lobster.  We have great taste, I really don’t see the hype about Chops.  Maybe a while ago when it was one for the few specialty restaurants onboard it might have been excellent but with Hooked, Wonderland, 150 Park and even Jamie’s there are so many better steak options than Chops.  They really need to rethink Chops menu and add something to make it really standout.  Also that is the only restaurant onboard where the server will push back if you order multiple entrees.

Yes… some of us have more free time than others 😝 and can manage working remotely 😆hence the minus one!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

7 Nights on the Symphony on 3/12.  If I can have lobster every night at booked I would skip the MDR tail night as well especially if it’s Maine Lobster.  We have great taste, I really don’t see the hype about Chops.  Maybe a while ago when it was one for the few specialty restaurants onboard it might have been excellent but with Hooked, Wonderland, 150 Park and even Jamie’s there are so many better steak options than Chops.  They really need to rethink Chops menu and add something to make it really standout.  Also that is the only restaurant onboard where the server will push back if you order multiple entrees.

Yes… some of us have more free time than others 😝 and can manage working remotely 😆hence the minus one!

Just a warning.  Don’t set your expectations too high on the 2lb. Lobster at Hooked.  It was pretty small.  Could not have been 2 lbs.  Could’ve been a supply issue.  But it’s all good..  Can’t wait till you try it on Symphony.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Just a warning.  Don’t set your expectations too high on the 2lb. Lobster at Hooked.  It was pretty small.  Could not have been 2 lbs.  Could’ve been a supply issue.  But it’s all good..  Can’t wait till you try it on Symphony.

Hahahah… not to worry I won’t bring a scale to weigh the lobster before eating 😂… I am familiar with their creative license 😝.  It is just funny that their pricing is all over the place.  The Voom stream is $16.99 per day on Symphony on 3/12 but it’s $15.99 per day on Wonder on 3/4.  I would think the demand with Wi-Fi would be so high that it would cost a lot more on Wonder than on Symphony due to bloggers/you tubers/ Vbloggers onboard.  It just shows never try to understand Royals logic.  You just have to go with the flow and buy when it hits your price target!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

I love Harmony.  It is an amazing ship you will like Harmony and try to catch Grease because it’s really good and sit farther up in then aqua theater.  I don’t know it they changed the show but when I saw it during the inaugural season the performers kick water into the audience, like ALOT of water and they have designated wet zones.

Thanks, Benny. We love the Oasis class ships, but there’s so much to see and do on them that tips are always welcome. We’ve sailed Oasis, Allure, and Symphony, next up is Harmony, guess we have to book Wonder so we can see what the differences I’ve heard about on her are like, and to keep up with sailing on every ship in the class. I really want to sail Odyssey, though. I’m intrigued by all the reviews I’ve read and stories I’ve heard from friends and neighbors who have sailed her. There’s so many ships I want to sail, so little time , so little money 💴!  What’s a girl to do? 😂 Talk about first world problems! 😀

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2022 at 1:10 PM, BennyBrun said:

Hahahahahah… I was surprised that I did not walk out due to the “lack” of selections at lunch time !!! 😝😝😝

My motto is all I really need to find is one good item and then a couple of standards like salad or soup.  The variety is there to please everyone's different tastes not for me to rave about each item.  But many people find one thing they don't like and say the buffet is bad, arghhh.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 9:57 PM, CruiseesiurC said:

I think part of it is that you booked late. I am on the 3/4 sailing on Wonder and I have the UDP. They’ve had a few okay sales but nothing life changing.  

Guess what’s back on the Wonder … UDP … $196.00 PP.  I am going to wait and have it on the Symphony.  I will be the Guinea pig at complimentary dinning options. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

My motto is all I really need to find is one good item and then a couple of standards like salad or soup.  The variety is there to please everyone's different tastes not for me to rave about each item.  But many people find one thing they don't like and say the buffet is bad, arghhh.

I feel you.  What happens when those people are at home and the made something they don’t like to eat at dinner 😂 

14 hours ago, perfect match said:

Thanks, Benny. We love the Oasis class ships, but there’s so much to see and do on them that tips are always welcome. We’ve sailed Oasis, Allure, and Symphony, next up is Harmony, guess we have to book Wonder so we can see what the differences I’ve heard about on her are like, and to keep up with sailing on every ship in the class. I really want to sail Odyssey, though. I’m intrigued by all the reviews I’ve read and stories I’ve heard from friends and neighbors who have sailed her. There’s so many ships I want to sail, so little time , so little money 💴!  What’s a girl to do? 😂 Talk about first world problems! 😀

Unfortunately I don’t have the mulah to be in the suites to be experience the suite neighborhood, BUT I you will see everything I see on the Wonder.  I was on the Odyssey in October and I liked the ship but it’s one of those once is enough for me.  I am not a huge fan of Quantum Class ships.  I like Oasis class or the smaller ships 😂  I would be interested to hear what you think of it once you are onboard.

On 2/13/2022 at 9:05 PM, luvcruzing said:

Taxi fare to MIA from POM is $27.

Minivan taxi fare to MIA from POM is also $27. Compare that to Uber XL at $44+, or 4 people on the RC bus at $25 each.

We didn't know this when we left the ship Sunday. Called for a Lyft XL. When he showed up it was marginally an "XL". When he couldn't fit our bags in back he just unloaded everything and left. Charged me a $5 cancellation fee. Refused to allow one of us to sit in front seat, or put suitcases in front seat. 

Then we headed over to the taxi line which was pretty long. We got a minivan taxi, he easily fit our bags and us, and were pleased to find it was the same price as a Crown Vic taxi, only $27.

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2022 at 3:10 PM, BennyBrun said:

You had to vacate by 9AM.  I actually like this way so much better because there was not back up at the elevators and I didn’t have to ride up to ride down because every car was full!  They should really consider keep this disembarkation process. 

I liked this process too. Very quick to get off the ship once we were ready to leave, around 8:45. No lines to deal with anywhere.

This was my first time going through customs the new way. No forms, no passport, no waiting in line to talk to the customs agent. You just stand in front of a camera and they use facial recognition to confirm your identity. Smile for the camera and then you're free to go.

(p.s. if you're travelling with a birth certificate instead of a passport you have to wait in line and talk to an agent the old way. More incentive to get a passport if you don't have one.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OACAggie said:

We will be on Symphony March 12, so I will get to play Where's Waldo!?

Thanks for the reviews, I really enjoy them.

Thank you so much!!!  Can’t wait to be on the Symphony for the comparison.

Come on down… you are the next contestant on where is Waldo 😂 

Edited by BennyBrun

29 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

Minivan taxi fare to MIA from POM is also $27. Compare that to Uber XL at $44+, or 4 people on the RC bus at $25 each.

We didn't know this when we left the ship Sunday. Called for a Lyft XL. When he showed up it was marginally an "XL". When he couldn't fit our bags in back he just unloaded everything and left. Charged me a $5 cancellation fee. Refused to allow one of us to sit in front seat, or put suitcases in front seat. 

Then we headed over to the taxi line which was pretty long. We got a minivan taxi, he easily fit our bags and us, and were pleased to find it was the same price as a Crown Vic taxi, only $27.

I hope you used the help feature on Lyft and report that.  They are very good about refunding that kind of nonsense!

Royal transfer option is good for single party mostly.  Uber/Lyft used to be good price option precovid , nowadays it is pricey and I have found that taxi is usually a better options especially when there is a surge pricing!

22 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

I liked this process too. Very quick to get off the ship once we were ready to leave, around 8:45. No lines to deal with anywhere.

This was my first time going through customs the new way. No forms, no passport, no waiting in line to talk to the customs agent. You just stand in front of a camera and they use facial recognition to confirm your identity. Smile for the camera and then you're free to go.

(p.s. if you're travelling with a birth certificate instead of a passport you have to wait in line and talk to an agent the old way. More incentive to get a passport if you don't have one.)

10000% in agreement!

On 2/14/2022 at 8:40 PM, BennyBrun said:

followed by the 5/12 sailing on Adventure of the Sea. 

Is that the 9-nighter that has a stop in Bermuda? We were looking at that one but decided to put off our visit to the US till next year in light of the still ongoing certainty around covid. I would love to follow along with you on that one if you decide to do another live. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Is that the 9-nighter that has a stop in Bermuda? We were looking at that one but decided to put off our visit to the US till next year in light of the still ongoing certainty around covid. I would love to follow along with you on that one if you decide to do another live. 

Yes!  They don’t offer that itinerary too often and I like that we get to go to Bermuda for a day and still get to go to the Caribbean islands.  I like Bermuda but two over nighters is a lot for us since we are there often.

• Thanks 1