The NCL Haven Luxury VIP Experience "Secrets" REVISED for 2022

Sthrngary

8 minutes ago, Elvis1209 said:

It's my favorite restaurant!  I'm a prime rib junkie!!!!!

I learned to love Lawry's in LA, Vegas and especially Chicago.  However, NOTHING is like House of Prime Rib in SF.  I am also a Prime Rib Junkie.  Love it.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, molemaui said:

I have upgraded the internet and drink package. Once I saw Vueve Clicquot and Woodford Reserve along with a long list of single malts. that was the only choice!

Call and ask how much it would be to do the Free at Sea PLUS.  They will credit you.  I did that same thing and it worked out great for me.  They have to do it for you or your agent will have to do it for you.

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

Call and ask how much it would be to do the Free at Sea PLUS.  They will credit you.  I did that same thing and it worked out great for me.  They have to do it for you or your agent will have to do it for you.

That is exactly what I upgraded to. Great advice! (at $29 glass for Vueve Clicquot, I'll have that paid off by the second or third day!)

Edited by molemaui
spelling correction
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/27/2022 at 9:55 AM, RocketMan275 said:

I just called the concierge desk to update my dinning reservations.  I asked about the meal package.  The concierge said they get a lot of calls about  your question.  I suggested they might want to change the wording to "Dinner for Two - One night" or "Dinner for Two - Two nights".  She agreed that would clarify the issue and submitted that as a suggestion.

If its like Royal I could use all of the meals though for 4 of us correct? They didn't care where they were coming from to cover everyone dining.

My plan was to use all 4 on a single meal if thats possible?

On 10/27/2022 at 5:49 PM, geo.mac said:

chicken wings from the local

By far the worst piece of food I have ever had that was cooked properly. Their buffalo sauce on the Encore in Sept '21 was so incorrect we actually made a second order a different day thinking they gave use the wrong sauce (they didn't).

All the food inside of the Haven was great though and the wing were fine just the cause was off.

10 hours ago, J0Y0US said:

If its like Royal I could use all of the meals though for 4 of us correct? They didn't care where they were coming from to cover everyone dining.

Yes, easily done.  You should reserve a table for four.  How to pay is determined when you arrive at the restaurant.  Tell them you have four meals and they will handle it from there.

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, J0Y0US said:

Edited by Sthrngary

30 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Sthrngary- Oceania Riviera was just voted one of the best cruise ships in the world by Conte Nast Traveler ( top 10). Tell your wife that!

Will do and thank you. 

On 12/2/2022 at 1:48 PM, Sthrngary said:

The world need an "In and Out".  I am driving tomorrow to the Port of New Orleans for a NCL Breakaway Cruise out on Sunday.  I looked up if there was a "White Castle" on my way.  I know this is the dredge of burgers but I love them. No White Castle.  I know there will be no "In and Out".  So the moment I see a Steak and Shake, I am taking a pit stop.  

Cruise well and enjoy every Burger.

Next time keep an eye out for Whataburger, Culvers, Five Guys, and Mooyah all of which are great burger places with their own slight twist.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Unlike Princess ( our favorite line since we started cruising in 1990) which has gone downhill since being acquired by Carnival we feel NCL has improved since they bought Oceania and Regent. NCL is more polished with better food. Interesting to us that they married up rather than dumbing down. 

Realizing food tastes are totally subjective, it will be interesting when I sail Prima Haven later this month. If NCL has better food than Oceania, I will be surprised and totally pleased. 

Up until now, several Oceania cruises have convinced me they have the best food at sea. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, molemaui said:

Realizing food tastes are totally subjective, it will be interesting when I sail Prima Haven later this month. If NCL has better food than Oceania, I will be surprised and totally pleased. 

Up until now, several Oceania cruises have convinced me they have the best food at sea. 

Your difference is all the food on Oceania is that way where as Prima is specific to a very limited number of individuals that have Haven access.

The difference in quality of ingredients was stark between Haven and Non-Haven on Encore cruise last year.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

I learned to love Lawry's in LA, Vegas and especially Chicago.  However, NOTHING is like House of Prime Rib in SF.  I am also a Prime Rib Junkie.  Love it.

be advised, The Chicago restaurant closed!

Elvis

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

I'm also going to try The House of Prime Rib when I find myself in SF.

Elvis

• Like 1

On 12/14/2022 at 9:07 AM, CDR Benson said:

I'm confused by why you're confused over whether I was in the Navy or not.  Because you're absolutely correct:  the proper reference to a ship by name omits the definite article.  For example, it would be "My first ship was U.S.S. Forrestal [or simply Forrestal]," and not "My first ship was 'the' U.S.S. Forrestal [ or 'the' Forrestal].  The same applies to any vessel.  I've never corrected the posters here who refer to a ship as "the" __________ because there'd be no point.  It's a quibble to anyone who's not a mariner.

The reason why I'm confused is because I've always used the proper, article-less reference, speaking, for example, of Norwegian Joy or Joy, and never "the" Norwegian Joy or "the" Joy.  Go ahead and check any of my posts.  I'll wait.

You're also correct that ships are traditionally referred to by feminine pronouns, "her" and "she".  I don't think I've yet had occasion to do that in my posts on this board, however.

The Russians refer to their ships as "he".  And by the way sir, thank you for your service!  I was never fortunate enough to serve in the armed forces.  My father was a D-Day vet and ever since he passed away, I always attend veteran's meetings that are held on cruises, if any.  I do it for him because he was my hero and idol.  I did follow in his footsteps by becoming a police officer.

Elvis

• Like 1

Greetings all!

I've got a question.  Our two previous cruises this year we stayed in a Star class suite on Royal. Will be in a  HA coming up in March.  ONE of the best perks with such a Star class suite is basically whatever drinks you want(beers, Cokes, waters, juices, energy drinks, whatever they have//can get)are stocked in your cabin. Is it possible to have a few Cokes, waters, Red Bulls, OJs stocked in our cabin? The only way I can of is to get the Premium Plus beverage package and ask for a couple when you walk by a bar?   

Thanks!

1 hour ago, chill6x6 said:

Greetings all!

I've got a question.  Our two previous cruises this year we stayed in a Star class suite on Royal. Will be in a  HA coming up in March.  ONE of the best perks with such a Star class suite is basically whatever drinks you want(beers, Cokes, waters, juices, energy drinks, whatever they have//can get)are stocked in your cabin. Is it possible to have a few Cokes, waters, Red Bulls, OJs stocked in our cabin? The only way I can of is to get the Premium Plus beverage package and ask for a couple when you walk by a bar?   

Thanks!

If you're in an owners suite or garden villa, then yes, your mini bar in the room is free. Outside of those 2 special categories of rooms, your mini bar is not free.

Even if you have the drink package (regular free at sea or the upgraded) you can't have the butler bring you drinks to the room. Well, you can, but you will be charged for them. It's one of the silliest rules NCL has.

However, depending on which ship you'll be on, if it comes with a Haven bar, the bartenders are usually generous if you ask for a can or 2 to bring back to your room at the end of the night. If you've got the plus version of the drink package then they'll give you bottles of still/sparkling water as well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

If you're in an owners suite or garden villa, then yes, your mini bar in the room is free. Outside of those 2 special categories of rooms, your mini bar is not free.

Even if you have the drink package (regular free at sea or the upgraded) you can't have the butler bring you drinks to the room. Well, you can, but you will be charged for them. It's one of the silliest rules NCL has.

However, depending on which ship you'll be on, if it comes with a Haven bar, the bartenders are usually generous if you ask for a can or 2 to bring back to your room at the end of the night. If you've got the plus version of the drink package then they'll give you bottles of still/sparkling water as well.

Thanks! Cruise is aboard the Escape so that's exactly what we'll do!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All !

How often do people use the Butler for Lunch "in room" VS Room Service ?

Does anyone feel that your asking too much ?

Or is this a regular request ?

ALSO, Can we order room service from the Haven Restaurant ?

Who do I call ?

Thank you so much for any insights....