The NCL Haven Luxury VIP Experience "Secrets" REVISED for 2022

Sthrngary

35 minutes ago, benel204 said:

I will be watching the fares daily. Thanks for the tip.

Regarding other TAs, I have found some very helpful cruise review videos online created by TAs (not the click-bait ones) and will keep them in mind for the future.

A bit of advice, most cruise lines prohibit TA from advertising discounted fares.  Any TA that advertises discounting isn't.  This is why doing internet searches for discounts is fruitless.  You have to contact the TA, preferably by telephone.  Another thing, contacting a TA doesn't obligate you.  When a TA tells me they don't discount, I thank them for their time and move on.

You're probably not going to beat the fares from the hotdog vender.  But, you don't have to use their CCard to book.  The Chase Sapphire Reserve is one of the best and so is the AMEX platinum.  

I particularly like the videos from the tall guy, Danny.  Well done.  High quality.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

@benel204 Spend the money.  Go first class and business class airfare.  Look for sales and upgrade opportunities.  Lots of inventory means, prices on NCL will go down for those categories.  When they do, get them quick because the go quick.  Of just pay the price.  I also said to my adult children; my intent is to die and after my funeral expenses, have $100.00 left.  My thoughts are, I raised you, I paid for your college, I gave you a condo to live until you had a real job, I take you to fancy dinners and buy you nice presents.  You gave me a half a dozen donuts for my birthday while you knew I was on a Keto Diet. Life has consequences. 

Cruise well and always go first class.

Wow.   My mom was super frugal and she and I vacationed together a lot.  My dad said “you girls go and have fun while I hold down the fort, I lived across the street).  My mom closed her business at age 62 while my dad’s illness slowed him down.  Four years later he died.  

On one of our NCL cruises, on the Jewel in an outside cabin, we met a couple from my childhood neighborhood who were in the haven and had us us to their cabin.  I looked at my mom and said “we need to do this”… from that point forward I booked our suite and Haven cruises and she would just say “tell me what I owe”.  So my otherwise frugal mom was hooked.  

The day after he 83rd birthday she was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and lived 5 weeks and 5 days.  

My siblings and I had always encouraged her to spend her money on herself.  And cruising was the one place she did indulge. It gave her joy.  And JOY was her name.  

When she was alive used to tell us she us, “I’m a banker’s kid so I budget my money.   I want to make sure I can take care of myself and not be a burden on you kids”.   After her medical bills and funeral she had not run out.  She did not have a lot, but she was able to complete what she set out to do.  Seventeen years after my dad died my mom joined him.  

Truly, our cruises were some of her favorite memories.  And you know what?   She would have loved them in an inside cabin too. She was that kind of person.  

But one of my favorite pictures of her was at breakfast on the Sun in Il Adagio having suite breakfast at our favorite table on the window.  That suite breakfast and lunch venue was peaceful and quiet and the food was superior.  She loved it.  We cruised twice in the same aft corner suite with a huge balcony.  

We never know what tomorrow brings.  Embrace the things that bring you joy. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, DMH15 said:

Wow.   My mom was super frugal and she and I vacationed together a lot.  My dad said “you girls go and have fun while I hold down the fort, I lived across the street).  My mom closed her business at age 62 while my dad’s illness slowed him down.  Four years later he died.  

On one of our NCL cruises, on the Jewel in an outside cabin, we met a couple from my childhood neighborhood who were in the haven and had us us to their cabin.  I looked at my mom and said “we need to do this”… from that point forward I booked our suite and Haven cruises and she would just say “tell me what I owe”.  So my otherwise frugal mom was hooked.  

The day after he 83rd birthday she was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and lived 5 weeks and 5 days.  

My siblings and I had always encouraged her to spend her money on herself.  And cruising was the one place she did indulge. It gave her joy.  And JOY was her name.  

When she was alive used to tell us she us, “I’m a banker’s kid so I budget my money.   I want to make sure I can take care of myself and not be a burden on you kids”.   After her medical bills and funeral she had not run out.  She did not have a lot, but she was able to complete what she set out to do.  Seventeen years after my dad died my mom joined him.  

Truly, our cruises were some of her favorite memories.  And you know what?   She would have loved them in an inside cabin too. She was that kind of person.  

But one of my favorite pictures of her was at breakfast on the Sun in Il Adagio having suite breakfast at our favorite table on the window.  That suite breakfast and lunch venue was peaceful and quiet and the food was superior.  She loved it.  We cruised twice in the same aft corner suite with a huge balcony.  

We never know what tomorrow brings.  Embrace the things that bring you joy. 

What a wonderful story.

That reminds me of another of my favorite sayings: "Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

A bit of advice, most cruise lines prohibit TA from advertising discounted fares.  Any TA that advertises discounting isn't.  This is why doing internet searches for discounts is fruitless.  You have to contact the TA, preferably by telephone.  Another thing, contacting a TA doesn't obligate you.  When a TA tells me they don't discount, I thank them for their time and move on.

You're probably not going to beat the fares from the hotdog vender.  But, you don't have to use their CCard to book.  The Chase Sapphire Reserve is one of the best and so is the AMEX platinum.  

I particularly like the videos from the tall guy, Danny.  Well done.  High quality.  

I use an online TA company which discounts my cruises with refundable OBC.  When I don't spend it, I get my substantial discount.

@RocketMan275 - I have AMEX Gold and they keep trying to get me to take the Platinum.  We aren't big air travelers, so access to airport lounges isn't a draw for us.  What does it do for cruises?  I may have been missing out on a perk as I book all of my cruises on the AMEX card.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

I use an online TA company which discounts my cruises with refundable OBC.  When I don't spend it, I get my substantial discount.

@RocketMan275 - I have AMEX Gold and they keep trying to get me to take the Platinum.  We aren't big air travelers, so access to airport lounges isn't a draw for us.  What does it do for cruises?  I may have been missing out on a perk as I book all of my cruises on the AMEX card.

I get one of those invitations for an AMEX platinum every week.  I choose to go with the chase sapphire reserve.  Here's a comparison.

https://thepointsguy.com/credit-cards/amex-platinum-vs-chase-sapphire-reserve-which-card-is-right-for-you/

Here's comparision of the AMEX gold and platinum.

https://thepointsguy.com/credit-cards/american-express/amex-platinum-vs-amex-gold/

Some TA offer a choice.  The value is 8% which  you can take as refundable OBC, a discount, or a rebate.  The diffence between the discount and the rebate is  you don't get the rebate until after the cruise is complete.  Some cruise lines, including NCL, don't allow discounting but theres nothing they can do about cash back rebates.  The OBC is just another way around the no discount policy.  I rarely take the OBC.  We just don't have a lot of onboard spending.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/12/2024 at 11:27 PM, benel204 said:

This threads seems to be the best place to post my question re Haven.  We will be first time on NCL (Escape May 2024), an port-intensive (every day) 11-night Med cruise.   And only our 4th cruise ever (previous ones were Celebrity).

We are thinking about upgrading from our Club Balcony to a Haven suite.

Note, the fare would be about double (and no opportunity for " to upgrade" as our TA does not participate).  This is for an aft-facing cabin (our preference over the less price but odd rooms with the corner hot tub).

Reasons to upgrade: We would appreciate more space primarily, and yes the extras such the service and dining would be nice (I think). Plus, like several on this site have mentioned, we are now at a stage in our life when are only flying first/business class overseas, and enjoying being comfortable and pampered.  This year is also a big milestone and we can well afford it.

Reasons to stay put:  not sure we would get the full benefit/value of Haven for doubling our fare. In particular the dining, as we are not into heavy foods, eat primarily fish or chicken at home. Haven breakfast sounds great though! With port-intensive cruise, we will be going all day so no real sea days.

As an option to upgrading: we can order all the room service we want for nominal fee, get the Priority Pass for embark/disembark, add more specialty dining etc.

Realizing this post may sound familiar to many, I would still appreciate sage thoughts from veteran Haven cruisers.  (calling all cruise therapists 😉)

Hi. Keep in mind that on Prima and Viva, there are also suites that are like "Haven-lite". You get a butler, concierge, pre-arrival planning, priority boarding, private breakfast/lunch in Cagney's, and a host of other Haven perks - although you do not get entry into the Haven complex other than for a cocktail party one night. Cost us thousands less than the Haven itself.

6 minutes ago, sjacobs11 said:

Hi. Keep in mind that on Prima and Viva, there are also suites that are like "Haven-lite". You get a butler, concierge, pre-arrival planning, priority boarding, private breakfast/lunch in Cagney's, and a host of other Haven perks - although you do not get entry into the Haven complex other than for a cocktail party one night. Cost us thousands less than the Haven itself.

Thanks sjacbobs11, we did indeed did look at a similar itinerary on the NCL Viva and had booked on a "Suite" which was a really great choice inbetween CB and Haven.  We ultimately wanted the Escape itinerary so switched.

Edited by benel204
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

If you travel a lot for business, the Platinum Amex can be worthwhile.  On cruises you book with the card, they give you $100-$300 OBC Haven nets $300 OBC + LeBistro Specialty Dinner and a bottle of wine.  You also get the points.  But, you’d have to cruise 3x/year in the Haven if you won’t use the other benefits (nice hotel credits, travel insurance, airport lounge access, TSA/Global Entry/Clear fees reimbursed).

24 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

If you travel a lot for business, the Platinum Amex can be worthwhile.  On cruises you book with the card, they give you $100-$300 OBC Haven nets $300 OBC + LeBistro Specialty Dinner and a bottle of wine.  You also get the points.  But, you’d have to cruise 3x/year in the Haven if you won’t use the other benefits (nice hotel credits, travel insurance, airport lounge access, TSA/Global Entry/Clear fees reimbursed).

I looked at the Platinum but I don't do enough business travel to justify.  The Sapphire Reserve is a better match for me.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I looked at the Platinum but I don't do enough business travel to justify.  The Sapphire Reserve is a better match for me.

After my card expires, I think I’m going to downgrade it to Gold.  I doesn’t make financial sense for me these days!

On 1/14/2024 at 12:38 AM, benel204 said:

On the Escape we are booked on, there are ~52 Haven suites available, with ~ 110 days till sailing.  Is that typical?

Anyone have experience of NCL dropping the fare on these? or do they book them at this point through "big to upgrade" approach? 

I greatly appreciate all the info. Obviously we are not only new to NCL, but newbie cruisers in general. 

My thoughts are a bit different than other posters. Perhaps, because I'm in the lower middle end of my wage earning years. I still have another 30 years until I hit retirement. My husband and I are DINKs (at least currently - we're thinking about adoption), so don't need to worry about providing an inheritance to anyone but the creatures on our "gentlemen's" farm. 

We only cruise Haven for a few reasons (none of which I'll get into here as they're controversial). You read about how much we love the Haven earlier, but we don't just book a Haven room to book a Haven room. Thankfully we both have flexibility in our vacations, so can cruise when and where we want. Four of our five Haven cruises were purchased after final payment and all of our cruises (except our first) were purchased at almost the lowest price offered. I know others do, but I do not subscribe to the buy early, save money. I subscribe to the find the cruise that has availability after final payment date and save some cash. 

Why am I going on and on? Well, one I'm at work, it's Monday morning, and I'm bored catching up on Cruise Critic. But also, because I think you might have an opportunity cash in on a really great bargain! In my experience, which is much like the stock market (past performance doesn't guarantee future positive returns), 110'ish days is when Haven fares will drop for the next two to three weeks. By roughly 90 days from your cruise, if any Haven rooms are still available, the price will re-inflate. This is exactly what occurred on three of our five cruises over the last two years. 

Keep an eye on those rooms and if the price hits a point you're comfortable booking, then do it! Don't delay as the price may go up. Quick example. Last year, at 112 days out we booked a Haven room on Pr1ma's Transatlantic (Nov. 23) at what we thought would be the lowest price. Alas, it went down a further $600 per person at roughly day 108/109, because the NCL BOGO Airfare deal went away. We had the airfare, so weren't too upset as air for two, to Barcelona was only $600. 

But, if air isn't a consideration (lots of varied opinion on the whole BOGO Air - we're flexible, don't need to sit next to each other, and don't mind rushing to catch a connection), then I'd suggest booking in the 100 - 105 day window. At 90 - 100 days, on all three of those cruises, we noticed the Haven prices started to spike again. Good luck!! And enjoy your cruise. I hope you come back to tell us all about it. Haven or not! 

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

My thoughts are a bit different than other posters. Perhaps, because I'm in the lower middle end of my wage earning years. I still have another 30 years until I hit retirement. My husband and I are DINKs (at least currently - we're thinking about adoption), so don't need to worry about providing an inheritance to anyone but the creatures on our "gentlemen's" farm. 

We only cruise Haven for a few reasons (none of which I'll get into here as they're controversial). You read about how much we love the Haven earlier, but we don't just book a Haven room to book a Haven room. Thankfully we both have flexibility in our vacations, so can cruise when and where we want. Four of our five Haven cruises were purchased after final payment and all of our cruises (except our first) were purchased at almost the lowest price offered. I know others do, but I do not subscribe to the buy early, save money. I subscribe to the find the cruise that has availability after final payment date and save some cash. 

Why am I going on and on? Well, one I'm at work, it's Monday morning, and I'm bored catching up on Cruise Critic. But also, because I think you might have an opportunity cash in on a really great bargain! In my experience, which is much like the stock market (past performance doesn't guarantee future positive returns), 110'ish days is when Haven fares will drop for the next two to three weeks. By roughly 90 days from your cruise, if any Haven rooms are still available, the price will re-inflate. This is exactly what occurred on three of our five cruises over the last two years. 

Keep an eye on those rooms and if the price hits a point you're comfortable booking, then do it! Don't delay as the price may go up. Quick example. Last year, at 112 days out we booked a Haven room on Pr1ma's Transatlantic (Nov. 23) at what we thought would be the lowest price. Alas, it went down a further $600 per person at roughly day 108/109, because the NCL BOGO Airfare deal went away. We had the airfare, so weren't too upset as air for two, to Barcelona was only $600. 

But, if air isn't a consideration (lots of varied opinion on the whole BOGO Air - we're flexible, don't need to sit next to each other, and don't mind rushing to catch a connection), then I'd suggest booking in the 100 - 105 day window. At 90 - 100 days, on all three of those cruises, we noticed the Haven prices started to spike again. Good luck!! And enjoy your cruise. I hope you come back to tell us all about it. Haven or not! 

I agree with you that if your schedule is flexible and you watch for prices just under the 120 day window you can get a good deal.

Was watching for prices on the Breakaway out of New Orleans for my birthday in March when I saw the price on Haven cabins drop, then saw that my favorite- the aft Haven popped up at a lower price than a forward facing Haven cabin. Needless to say I had my TA grab it. I’m like you, but I prefer to call myself an extroverted introvert. I can chat and make small talk but it wears me out and I’d rather be chilling by myself on my own big aft balcony!

• Thanks 1

Good advice here.  

I think the one thing we all do is shop for a Haven Cabin and book immediately once we see a good fare.  Some make the mistake of waiting for a "better" deal to come along, and then miss out as it sells out quickly.

-put a cap on what you want to spend

-newer ship's Havens are GENERALLY better than older ships Haven.  But, older ships "Suites" (Jewel class) are as close to the Haven as you can get without actually being in the Haven, and is priced less.  I know the Prima class Suites have some of the amenities of the Haven, but not certain how those work.

-TIme is your friend. If you find an itinerary you want, shop all the ships that sail that itinerary. You might not find a suitable Haven cruise now, but if you look, and are patient, they'll come along.  

-New(er) ship Havens generally cost more than older ship Havens.  Give an example....in Oct I had a 2BR Haven Suite on an 11-nite Mediterranean Sailing on the Epic.  BEAUTIFUL Haven...arguably the best in the fleet. But, the Epic is over a dozen years old.  Still a very nice ship.  But, scored the fare for $4,700 and change all in.  Point is, don't be afraid of those ships that aren't brand new.  I've also scored great deals on Breakaway/Getaway Havens.

Bottom line, while I've sailed the Retreat on Celebrity (2x) and the Yacht Club on MSC (2x), overall the Haven is still the best in the category.  Celebrity has really gone up fare wise, as well as MSC following suit.  Used to be able to get a Yacht Club Balcony Cabin for a very good fare. That's no longer the case.  In fairness, you can get a Yacht Club inside cabin for a decent fare, but I love to lounge on a balcony in the a.m. and when the sun goes down too much to forego that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, graphicguy said:

@graphicguy I have had a AMX Platinum for decades.  I also traveled for business for decades to support your point.  Credit Cards like Frequent Flyer benefits with airlines, need to be studied and evaluated.  The cost of the card can be substantial and if you don't utilize the card benefits, it seems like a waste.  So we all should really read, study the benefits for the card we have and or the card we want.  Be informed shoppers.

A few things that made my American Express Platinum right for me.  

1. My Wife's Purse:  We were in New York, her purse which was brand new was stolen and it was expensive and purchased with the card.  Two weeks later, the card was credited the full amount plus tax.
  2. Present for my Daughter:  I bought a Christmas Present years ago for my daughter.  The website claimed it was the real authentic brand and returns were withing 60 days.  It was a poorly made knockoff.  I sent the information into AMX, it was credited to my account again.
  3. Cruise/Travel Insurance:  I drilled down deep on this one.  I had heard that my AMX card would cover some health and accident issues for a certain amount.  It was nice coverage but not great coverage.  I compared Exclusive Travel Health Insurance companies to the coverage and decided not to take the risk with the card only.  Good thing, my wife got covid 8 days prior to the cruise, it was a luxury brand and it was thousands of dollars.  The Travel Health Insurance Company paid the lion share and the AMX paid some incidentals.  Every benefit that @graphicguy outlined above is in addition to the items outlined in my post. 

I have a lot more examples of how I have used my card over the years.  My main message just like when you cruise, learn every single advantage, amenity, benefit and leverage them to your benefit.  Regardless of card used.  Not many people do a deep dive and that makes what ever fee you pay less effective.  It is fun once you start the research.

Cruise well and enjoy every benefit. 

• Like 2

Gary...good advice.  Thanks!

I've carried my Platinum for at least 20+ years.  For business, it was great.  I know for at least the last 15 + years, I was charging into the 6 figures annually for air fare, hotels, business meals and entertainment, business equipment, seminars, meals and entertainment for my direct reports, etc.  Access to Centurion Clubs/Delta Sky Lounges.  I used the points accrued to even do most of my gift shopping.

I'm a 2 million miler with Delta.  They just changed their rules to hit status.  The good news is, I went from having Gold Medallion Lifetime status to Platinum Medallion Lifetime status.  That means I have unlimited access to Sky Lounges throughout the world.  So, I won't need AMEX Platinum for that.  The rules went into effect 01/2024.  I know the total rules will be sent to me but I already received an email with a 10,000 view of the changes.  The downside, if someone isn't in the Medallion program, it will be much harder to hit the "gates" for the perks.  

As previously mentioned, if I knew I was going to sail 3x/year in the Haven, the OBC would pay for my Platinum membership.  I don't think that's going to be the case, but who knows?

The travel insurance is nice, as is the Hotel credits.  Again, don't know how much I'll be using them going forward.

Amex Gold is WAY cheaper and offers the warranty extensions I find useful.  Plus, I can accrue points with it, also.  Plus, I get AMEX's service, which is quite good.

I'll look into the Sapphire card to see how it stacks up to what I need and want.

16 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Gary...good advice.  Thanks!

I've carried my Platinum for at least 20+ years.  For business, it was great.  I know for at least the last 15 + years, I was charging into the 6 figures annually for air fare, hotels, business meals and entertainment, business equipment, seminars, meals and entertainment for my direct reports, etc.  Access to Centurion Clubs/Delta Sky Lounges.  I used the points accrued to even do most of my gift shopping.

I'm a 2 million miler with Delta.  They just changed their rules to hit status.  The good news is, I went from having Gold Medallion Lifetime status to Platinum Medallion Lifetime status.  That means I have unlimited access to Sky Lounges throughout the world.  So, I won't need AMEX Platinum for that.  The rules went into effect 01/2024.  I know the total rules will be sent to me but I already received an email with a 10,000 view of the changes.  The downside, if someone isn't in the Medallion program, it will be much harder to hit the "gates" for the perks.  

As previously mentioned, if I knew I was going to sail 3x/year in the Haven, the OBC would pay for my Platinum membership.  I don't think that's going to be the case, but who knows?

The travel insurance is nice, as is the Hotel credits.  Again, don't know how much I'll be using them going forward.

Amex Gold is WAY cheaper and offers the warranty extensions I find useful.  Plus, I can accrue points with it, also.  Plus, I get AMEX's service, which is quite good.

I'll look into the Sapphire card to see how it stacks up to what I need and want.

@graphicguy I support and agree with everything you said.  I am a 5 mil miler with Delta.  I went from lifetime Platinum to lifetime diamond.  I am not sure you gain access to the Skyclub with Platinum Delta. If so, I missed that.  What I am excited about is the four global upgrades.  Now we are talking, thank you Delta. This conversation is a Great one.  Anyway we can help others gain value, it the best conversation we can have. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@graphicguy I support and agree with everything you said.  I am a 5 mil miler with Delta.  I went from lifetime Platinum to lifetime diamond.  I am not sure you gain access to the Skyclub with Platinum Delta. If so, I missed that.  What I am excited about is the four global upgrades.  Now we are talking, thank you Delta. This conversation is a Great one.  Anyway we can help others gain value, it the best conversation we can have. 

Same for me at United at 2mm . Had a delta flying colonel card for years (because of using a lot of Dl airfreight) great benefits but they dropped it a few yers ago. Good thread 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Did you receive any sort of Ts and Cs other than the email they sent?  I know Delta made a big deal out of the changes they made.  And, I know some were not happy about them.  But, they made a point of telling me I was "Grandfathered" in.  

I'm also Premier 1K with United.  Not nearly as good perks as with Delta, though.  But, I know they do status match.  Just not sure what translates to what.

• Like 1

Just now, graphicguy said:

Did you receive any sort of Ts and Cs other than the email they sent?  I know Delta made a big deal out of the changes they made.  And, I know some were not happy about them.  But, they made a point of telling me I was "Grandfathered" in.  

I'm also Premier 1K with United.  Not nearly as good perks as with Delta, though.  But, I know they do status match.  Just not sure what translates to what.

It was cut out 10 years ago. The Benefits were the lounge and occasional upgrade. I was/am a UA flier so rarely used them 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

then I'd suggest booking in the 100 - 105 day window. At 90 - 100 days, on all three of those cruises, we noticed the Haven prices started to spike again. Good luck!! And enjoy your cruise. I hope you come back to tell us all about it. Haven or not! 

Thanks Kauijim, Very interesting information!  Today is 111 days, so I will monitor the fares.  In the future we will have more flexibility and can look for deals.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

Did you receive any sort of Ts and Cs other than the email they sent?

@graphicguy Not sure what T's and C's are?  T

he information said I would be a Diamond as of February.  I could collect my yearly gift (in this case, 4 global upgrades would be my choice) when made available in February.  I then googled the new benefits online, looked at all the information and compared it to the Delta site.  It was clear, they changed to think high milage lifetime flyers.  At this stage in my life, it will come in handy for pleasure trips. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kauaijim said:

It was cut out 10 years ago. The Benefits were the lounge and occasional upgrade. I was/am a UA flier so rarely used them 

Haven't flown American in a while.  But, at one time I know I was Gold Status with them.  But, I don't know if they extend the status as lifetime perks.

Continental used to fly out of DAY.  I used to go back and forth between flying out of CVG (Cincinnati) and DAY (Dayton). But, Continental was absorbed by United.  I think I actually lost some perks during the transition.

Oh...the tales, trials and tribulations of air travel.  LOL!  To me, none of the airlines are very good these days.  They just don't care all that much about...you know....their customers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@graphicguy Not sure what T's and C's are?  T

he information said I would be a Diamond as of February.  I could collect my yearly gift (in this case, 4 global upgrades would be my choice) when made available in February.  I then googled the new benefits online, looked at all the information and compared it to the Delta site.  It was clear, they changed to think high milage lifetime flyers.  At this stage in my life, it will come in handy for pleasure trips. 

Yeah...I just got an email with the changes.  But, they usually send the new luggage tags, the "new" status and the terms every year in January.  Haven't seen mine, yet.

• Like 1