Drinks not on the menu

tennislvr8

12 hours ago, Vacationlover2 said:

If they have creme de menthe, a frozen grasshopper is awesome. Creme de menthe, creme de cacao and heavy cream.

I love grasshoppers (old school drink) and many bartenders don't know what it is - WHAT!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 11:41 AM, tennislvr8 said:

Hey all, I know and have seen all of the drinks on the RC menu. I cruise on Anthem in April and Oasis in July. I will have the drink package for both. I am looking to start a list of off the menu drinks I can ask for. I am a fan of vodka and tequila but with a drink package I’ll try anything once. So drop your dad off the menu drink and include Ingridents if you know them. TIA

If you are visiting the Solarium pools. There is a purple/blue drink that one of the cocktail waiter's makes.

His name is Joey and he calls it the Joey special! Delicious. Was never able too see what he added to it. As he would always turn his back to us when he would make it.. LOL Delicious and sweet! Hopefully he is still there, as we sailed her for NYE holiday.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 7:08 PM, Vacationlover2 said:

If they have creme de menthe, a frozen grasshopper is awesome. Creme de menthe, creme de cacao and heavy cream.

They may not have it.  I tried to get a regular Grasshopper for my GF on a cruise, and not a single bottle of Creme de Menthe on board.  I was shocked.

On 2/14/2022 at 6:54 PM, CntPAcruiser said:

The last cruise I was on, I could barely get the bar staff to make a decent martini or Rob Roy, so lord knows I wouldn't try to confuse them with anything novel. This was on Grandeur, and I hope things have changed for the better on board. I ordered a scotch and soda in the diamond lounge one evening and got scotch with Sprite! So good luck out there and may you find (and tip well) a good bartender!

Hmm, we have cruised many times on Grandeur when she was out of Baltimore.

The bar staff was great on all our cruises.

Either that of you were one of THOSE people ..  😄 😄 😄

• 2 months later...

I know it's been a while for this board item but I love hearing new drinks that people like & then trying them.  We are on Wonder of the Seas in May.  I went through this list again & already have 9 new drinks to try. 

We were on Anthem of the Seas end of February.  This was our "Mardi Gras" cruise this year.  We wanted a drink with breakfast normally found at Mardi Gras----a "milk punch".  Thank goodness for the internet.  Pulled up the recipe, showed the waiter in CK & he brought the recipe to the bartender who made it for us.  It was good; just like what we had at Mardi Gras!  We celebrated the rest of Mardi Gras on the ship!

So if. you have the internet package, you can always pull up a recipe and show the bartender.

Oh, I've also printed the menu list referred to on here.  Will read through it & mark ones to try.  Thanks to all of you.

• Like 1