Drinks not on the menu

tennislvr8

Hey all, I know and have seen all of the drinks on the RC menu. I cruise on Anthem in April and Oasis in July. I will have the drink package for both. I am looking to start a list of off the menu drinks I can ask for. I am a fan of vodka and tequila but with a drink package I’ll try anything once. So drop your dad off the menu drink and include Ingridents if you know them. TIA

During a past cruise, we were able to use Google and obtain a full list of all of the drinks supposedly available on RCCL ships at the time.  It is a large list.  That said, the bartenders we talked to on our cruise did not know how to make some of the drinks we asked for on that list.  Bottom line is I agree with @poocher and @neverbeenhere: 

If you want to try something, either know the ingredients, or ask to be surprised.

Jim (using Karen's account)

20 minutes ago, poocher said:

No disrespect just thinking of the poor bartenders having enough trying to keep up with so many drink recipes 

That's part of what bartenders do. I mean no disrespect to them all when I say that. In fact, I say that with tremendous respect. 

Somewhere behind every bar is a book about the size of War and Peace with every mixed drink imaginable.  My favorite off menu asks are “sex on the beach” (vodka, peach schnapps, orange and cranberry juices) and “skip and go naked” (Beer, lemonade and vodka).

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Somewhere behind every bar is a book about the size of War and Peace with every mixed drink imaginable.  My favorite off menu asks are “sex on the beach” (vodka, peach schnapps, orange and cranberry juices) and “skip and go naked” (Beer, lemonade and vodka).

Thanks. 

19 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

Someone mentioned some kind of tea drink I can’t remember the name, I believe it was green or something. 

There’s the Green Hornet - Whiskey, vodka, gin, green creme d minthe, Coca Cola, and sweet and sour mix.the only one that i know with tea in the name is a Long Island iced tea, but there is always an Arnold Palmer - Iced tea lemonade and vodka.

Edited by orville99

Italian tea is rum, gin and vodka with a little sweet & sour mixer, then a healthy splash of Disaronno.  Years ago it was on the Royal menu but we have a hard time finding a bartender who knows what it is.  My husband usually has to tell them how to make it.

Sherri 🙂

Honestly, as long as they have the ingredients they can make anything.  It's what bartenders do.  Also, ask if they have a drink they've made up.   Last cruise, the bartender in the Solarium made a drink that someone else recommended to me.  It was okay, but the woman who recommended it, loved it.  Also, ask them to make something based on your tastes/likes.  

14 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Italian tea is rum, gin and vodka with a little sweet & sour mixer, then a healthy splash of Disaronno.  Years ago it was on the Royal menu but we have a hard time finding a bartender who knows what it is.  My husband usually has to tell them how to make it.

Sherri 🙂

Thanks!!!

51 minutes ago, rccllovergirl said:

I think it is called Tokyo Iced Tea. They add Midori liquor to have green color

Yes. Tokyo Ice Tea or Tokyo Tea.

It's Long Island Ice Tea...but Midori instead of coke. 

19 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Yes, if you are going to ask for a "Dribble down the Beach and Shoot a Three" you need to at least know the ingredients.

This. ⤴️⤴️⤴️ My wife drinks Washington Apples and more than a few times ship bartenders had to Google it. They know a lot but not everything.

2 hours ago, poocher said:

Yes, it was an exaggeration.  My point was that the FULL drink menu for RCCL is extensive already and probably contains items the OP has never had and would enjoy.

Did you actually read my original post. I clearly stated I know all of the drink on the RC menu. Again, I’d the post isn’t for you just keep scrolling, it’s really that simple. 

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

When I was on Allure a couple of weeks ago the provided menu was hardly 85 pages. 

Yeah, we were on Harmony in Nov/Dec and they do not provide drink menus like they used to.  They also have never been 85 pages long lol. I remember the old menus from a few years ago were usually about 15-20 pages long at most and just had a few in each category plus wine and beer.