Cheers & buying for another

TerReuv

So, we have Cheers for the first time and have a lot of OBC.  I saw on the FAQ that you can purchase a round for friends and yours will be on Cheers and the rest on your bill.  That would tell me that you could get your drink on Cheers and purchase one for a friend on your S&S.  Is that correct?

Thanks!

22 hours ago, TerReuv said:

Great!  And, it doesn't count against your 15?

Yes it will. Recently, my hubby bought a drink for a guy that was no longer able to buy alcohol because he was at 10 drinks on his cheer package. We bought his drink and he paid us cash. The bought drink counted against hubby’s cheer 15. Bartender said it was okay to do that. Cheers has some tricky rules

1 hour ago, normandes said:

Yes it will. Recently, my hubby bought a drink for a guy that was no longer able to buy alcohol because he was at 10 drinks on his cheer package. We bought his drink and he paid us cash. The bought drink counted against hubby’s cheer 15. Bartender said it was okay to do that. Cheers has some tricky rules

That doesn't make sense because the cut off for Cheers is 15 (as you mentioned regarding your hubby).  Why would they cut that guy off at 10?

My other half likes to buy rounds of shots, it's a little infuriating.  Never have those shots counted against his fifteen - thanks to one particular football game, he's in the (maybe?) unique position of being able to confirm that you can in fact purchase enough drinks to TRIPLE the cheers limit.  If he's already hit his fifteen (not sure where the ten is coming from, unless there's been a recent system change) then I'm the one ordering shots for the rest of the evening, and the bartenders never seem to be concerned with finding out if he's going to be a recipient or not.  There may (must?) be different ways for then to ring things up - and I'm sure their willingness to do so has everything to do with how sloppy a heavy imbiber is.