Wonderful to be back cruising!

dedemills

My husband and I just completed B2B cruises on the Allure (Jan30/Feb5 sailings). The ship was only about 40-50% occupied and I was so impressed by the RCL protocols to keep everyone safe. Inside, staff politely reminded guests to put their masks on even if off for a short time. As Diamond members I am thrilled to be back cruising, and encourage others to come back also!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, dedemills said:

My husband and I just completed B2B cruises on the Allure (Jan30/Feb5 sailings). The ship was only about 40-50% occupied and I was so impressed by the RCL protocols to keep everyone safe. Inside, staff politely reminded guests to put their masks on even if off for a short time. As Diamond members I am thrilled to be back cruising, and encourage others to come back also!

Oh please don't encourage others! Empty spaces and short lines are wonderful. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Oh please don't encourage others! Empty spaces and short lines are wonderful. 

You do realize that the cruise lines are losing money under these conditions, right? If things don’t change, eventually there will be little to no cruising. That’s ok, live for today, don’t worry about tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grandgeezer said:

You do realize that the cruise lines are losing money under these conditions, right? If things don’t change, eventually there will be little to no cruising. That’s ok, live for today, don’t worry about tomorrow.

Maybe I should have added a smiley face. My bad!

• Like 2

On 2/14/2022 at 12:20 PM, fredmdcruisers said:

Maybe I should have added a smiley face. My bad!

i knew you were joking.

And while some folks like a 50% ship, others not so much if it means less services.

I will truly rejoice when they stop the darn pre cruise testing.  then I will feel like cruising is more normal. I mean I can go to theme parks, get on airplanes and go just about anywhere else with a darn test.  But on ship nope, nada, NO.   gotta end soon

20 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I will truly rejoice when they stop the darn pre cruise testing.  then I will feel like cruising is more normal. I mean I can go to theme parks, get on airplanes and go just about anywhere else with a darn test.  But on ship nope, nada, NO.   gotta end soon

Because in all those other situations that you mentioned people would not be immediately and directly affected by an outbreak of a highly contagious and potentially serious illness like it would impact passengers, officers, and crew trapped in a ship in the middle of the ocean for days on end. It would diminish the fun factor of your vacation for sure. It’s not difficult to understand the difference. 

The CEO’s of all the cruise lines naturally want their ships to sail as close to capacity as possible. They are no doubt calculating such a thing will not start to happen again if there are outbreaks of sicknesses in their ships scaring away potential cruisers. They must be fully armed with all the pertinent data and are evaluating their options carefully. 

Wouldn’t you think?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Altamira said:

Because in all those other situations that you mentioned people would not be immediately and directly affected by an outbreak of a highly contagious and potentially serious illness like it would impact passengers, officers, and crew trapped in a ship in the middle of the ocean for days on end. It would diminish the fun factor of your vacation for sure. It’s not difficult to understand the difference. 

The CEO’s of all the cruise lines naturally want their ships to sail as close to capacity as possible. They are no doubt calculating such a thing will not start to happen again if there are outbreaks of sicknesses in their ships scaring away potential cruisers. They must be fully armed with all the pertinent data and are evaluating their options carefully. 

Wouldn’t you think?

they can keep the protocols of cleaning and isolating on ships.  Afterall, covid is getting on boards so the testing has not helped that much. Taking the vaccine should be good enough for ships given it is good enough for most of the other places in the rest of the world.

It is how to handle the virus once detected that the ships are doing a good job. Most of the outbreaks have been managed.  I think testing can stop say in about 2 months.  that is it done.

the world will get to what I call "Survival of the fittest" -- and anyone not getting a vaccine will have to deal with that decision as they see fit.

On 2/14/2022 at 2:50 AM, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I got so excited.  I expected this to be an early cruise review of the Wonder of the Seas after reading the title 😀 

speaking of the Wonder OTS., I hope all the Oasis class meet of shore for a photo op.

sunday morning she comes into Ft Lauderdale so start watching early the webcams.

1 minute ago, Oceansaway17 said:

they can keep the protocols of cleaning and isolating on ships.  Afterall, covid is getting on boards so the testing has not helped that much. Taking the vaccine should be good enough for ships given it is good enough for most of the other places in the rest of the world.

It is how to handle the virus once detected that the ships are doing a good job. Most of the outbreaks have been managed.  I think testing can stop say in about 2 months.  that is it done.

the world will get to what I call "Survival of the fittest" -- and anyone not getting a vaccine will have to deal with that decision as they see fit.

You should contact the cruise lines and let them know your assessment of what they ought to be doing. It’s possible these ideas of yours have not even occurred to them. 

2 minutes ago, Altamira said:

You should contact the cruise lines and let them know your assessment of what they ought to be doing. It’s possible these ideas of yours have not even occurred to them. 

I believe the ships would love to stop testing but they can't because of CDC.

I am boosted and I follow the rules. But some rules need to die and go away.

I felt safe on a ship I took in November but not because we all got tested.  But what all the ship did to make it safe.   

We just got off our first cruise since Feb 2020 on Saturday, and it was amazing!  Loved everything!  Then my DH reminded me that maybe everything seemed perfect because we haven’t cruised in two years 😉. But really- I think it was perfect- awesome ship (odyssey), awesome weather (we’re from the frigid north, so anything above 60 is “hot”), great ports (first time at new cococay, and beach club was awesome), etc 

• Like 1