Anthem Guaranteed Balcony room assignment?

Jcol5786

Hello,

We have sailed three times on Anthem and have always done GTY rooms and our rooms have all been fine. Have never been put on deck 6 with the obstructed views. We are on the March 6'th sailing and just got our room assignment - 13158 (2D) which is a connecting room. I'm happy with the higher deck but have never had a connecting room and have heard mixed reviews about  noise. I checked and there are no non-connected 2D rooms available to move to. I'm assuming that since this cruise will go with reduced capacity we probably will not have a neighbor in the connecting room? Not a big deal if not but I just wondered if anyone has any similar experience with GTB assignments and connecting rooms during these reduced capacity sailings? Thanks

1 minute ago, Jcol5786 said:

Hello,

We have sailed three times on Anthem and have always done GTY rooms and our rooms have all been fine. Have never been put on deck 6 with the obstructed views. We are on the March 6'th sailing and just got our room assignment - 13158 (2D) which is a connecting room. I'm happy with the higher deck but have never had a connecting room and have heard mixed reviews about  noise. I checked and there are no non-connected 2D rooms available to move to. I'm assuming that since this cruise will go with reduced capacity we probably will not have a neighbor in the connecting room? Not a big deal if not but I just wondered if anyone has any similar experience with GTB assignments and connecting rooms during these reduced capacity sailings? Thanks

Royal has not stopped people that do not know each other from booking the connecting rooms.  Many have been assigned the obstructed view rooms.  There is only one guarantee category so you could be assigned any balcony, including obstructed.

Cabin 13158 looks to be in a decent location for deck 13.   Shouldn't have noise from deck 14.

Chances are good that no  one will be in the connecting cabin for a march 6th sailing.  

I dont know if they will tell you but maybe call Royal and ask if someone is booked in the connecting cabin.

16 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Looks like a bunch of balconies available for your sailing.  Cabin 13160 is open, maybe ask if you can be assigned that cabin or one that is not connecting.

Hi Sunshine3601- I'm not seeing 13160 when I do a mock booking, in fact the only rooms that show as available for me are all connecting rooms on decks 13, 12 and 9.  I'm using the Canadian site so perhaps that's why I'm not seeing these rooms.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is odd that you see different availability on the canadian site.   Give Royal a call and ask if you can switch to a non connecting cabin.  if happy with current location then ask about 13160.  Never hurts to ask🤩

Got the rooms to show. I had selected rooms at the front but when I chose the middle section 13160 showed as available. We phoned Royal and asked if we could switch but they wouldn't do it. They stated that since we had been assigned a connected room we could not switch to a non-connected even though the are within the same room category. In the end I'm fine with the room we have and hopefully we will have quiet neighbors or maybe none at all. Thanks for the replies.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jcol5786 said:

Got the rooms to show. I had selected rooms at the front but when I chose the middle section 13160 showed as available. We phoned Royal and asked if we could switch but they wouldn't do it. They stated that since we had been assigned a connected room we could not switch to a non-connected even though the are within the same room category. In the end I'm fine with the room we have and hopefully we will have quiet neighbors or maybe none at all. Thanks for the replies.

Had nothing to do with them being connected.  13158 is a 2D category.

13160 is a 1D category..

The only reason 13160 showed up is they removed occupancy restrictions as it holds up to 4 guests but it is a different category.

If you want to switch you must find another 2D category

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

13160 is a 1D category..

The only reason 13160 showed up is they removed occupancy restrictions as it holds up to 4 guests but it is a different category.

Question Ken, does the 2d category change based on location of cabin on the ship.     Would a 2d be available at middle or aft?

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Question Ken, does the 2d category change based on location of cabin on the ship.     Would a 2d be available at middle or aft?

2D signifies that it is a midship balcony.  4D would be forward or aft

1D (quad occupancy) is midship, 3D and 5D (quad occupancy) are forward and aft

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

13160 is a 1D category..

Thanks for the clarification. It's  confusing as 13160 shows up on the RC deck plan as the same colour but with a * which as you pointed out means its occupancy is up to 4.

image.png.24902336a2245c1ac0b4edf94030bb7c.png

We asked about 13150 and 13152 which are non-connected, same colour with no star. At this point the csr told us that we couldn't move from a connected to non-connected room type.

1 minute ago, Jcol5786 said:

We asked about 13150 and 13152 which are non-connected, same colour with no star. At this point the csr told us that we couldn't move from a connected to non-connected room type.

Call again with a cabin that is in the exact same category and just say you want to move from xxx to yyy.  dont mention that you were in a gty

• 10 months later...
3 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

So pick your but pay the guarantee price. Let's teach everyone how to rip off Royal!

We have done this several times with a GTY. Once cabin has been assigned a quick call for a new cabin has been no problem.  Only possible problem is there is sometimes a very limited selection left to move too.  Just like putting myself in one cabin and my wife in another when traveling with family, each cabin gets the C&A discount and then easy to get new cards from GS.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fredmdcruisers said:

So pick your but pay the guarantee price. Let's teach everyone how to rip off Royal!

No guarantee that once they assign it thst there will be a cabin to move to so it's certainly not worth counting on that as an option.  It's certainly not "ripping off" Roysl as they are the ones allowing it.  They could easily stop it but choose not to.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We have done this several times with a GTY. Once cabin has been assigned a quick call for a new cabin has been no problem.  Only possible problem is there is sometimes a very limited selection left to move too.  Just like putting myself in one cabin and my wife in another when traveling with family, each cabin gets the C&A discount and then easy to get new cards from GS.

Yep. Tell them all.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jewel_beth said:

Just assigned this cabin.  Did you end up in 13158?  If so, how was it?

Thanks..

We had a connecting cabin on Anthem deck 13 (I don't remember the room number) We heard more when we had the balcony door open then we heard through the connected door with the balcony door closed... 

11 hours ago, jewel_beth said:

Just assigned this cabin.  Did you end up in 13158?  If so, how was it?

Thanks..

Yes we did end up in this room and we liked it. Since this room connects to a Suite the connecting door is in the main part of the room which is different from the layout when two balcony rooms connect. I think this layout seemed to give more available space.  We did have neighbors and some noise did come through but it was never an issue. We liked the overall location as we could use the stairs to go up to the pool deck etc.

10 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Once your GTY stateroom has been allocated to you, we are unable to accept any changes requested by you. Guests booked in GTY cabins may not be berthed with other travelling parties due to availability. Staterooms allocated may be subject to obstructed views as stated on royal caribbean  website

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sowhat said:

Once your GTY stateroom has been allocated to you, we are unable to accept any changes requested by you. Guests booked in GTY cabins may not be berthed with other travelling parties due to availability. Staterooms allocated may be subject to obstructed views as stated on royal caribbean  website

That’s UK rules.  USA can swap and change once gty has been assigned 

The UK refusal to allow you to swap once assigned serves little purpose apart from pee’ing us Brits off! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

That’s UK rules.  USA can swap and change once gty has been assigned 

The UK refusal to allow you to swap once assigned serves little purpose apart from pee’ing us Brits off! 

Full page from royal caribbean  USA  Web site

At times we may offer you the option of making a ‘Guarantee’ (GTY) booking. This means you may book a stateroom of a guaranteed category type (Interior, Oceanview, Balcony or Suite) on your chosen ship and cruise.

However, the exact grade, number and location of the stateroom on the ship will be allocated by us (at our discretion) and at any time up until checking in at the port.

Once your GTY stateroom has been allocated to you, we are unable to accept any changes requested by you. Guests booked in GTY cabins may not be berthed with other travelling parties due to availability. Staterooms allocated may be subject to obstructed views.

Such promotional GTY categories are defined as follows:

• WS          Suite/Deluxe

• XB           Balcony Stateroom

• YO          Oceanview Stateroom

• ZI            Interior Stateroom

4 minutes ago, sowhat said:

Full page from royal caribbean  USA  Web site

At times we may offer you the option of making a ‘Guarantee’ (GTY) booking. This means you may book a stateroom of a guaranteed category type (Interior, Oceanview, Balcony or Suite) on your chosen ship and cruise.

However, the exact grade, number and location of the stateroom on the ship will be allocated by us (at our discretion) and at any time up until checking in at the port.

Once your GTY stateroom has been allocated to you, we are unable to accept any changes requested by you. Guests booked in GTY cabins may not be berthed with other travelling parties due to availability. Staterooms allocated may be subject to obstructed views.

Such promotional GTY categories are defined as follows:

• WS          Suite/Deluxe

• XB           Balcony Stateroom

• YO          Oceanview Stateroom

• ZI            Interior Stateroom

But it is what will happen in US if people here on CC continue to school folks on how to pick a cabin after buying a guarantee. I've seen it for so many "tricks and workarounds" on Royal when CC posters brag about how they got around something, then everyone starts doing it and Royal clamps down on the rules.