Live from Allure of the Seas 19-27 Feb 22

We are on board April 10th, so excited to follow and get some ideas about how things look.

Am particularly wondering how close tables are seated in MDR, if there is a gluten free station in WJ, if the Samba restaurant is open, and any thoughts you have about the shows. 

thank you so much for taking us along!

8 hours ago, CatLadyFemme said:

Am particularly wondering how close tables are seated in MDR, if there is a gluten free station in WJ, if the Samba restaurant is open, and any thoughts you have about the shows. 

I am also on this sailing. We did my time dining and there was no special spa]cing between us and other tables. It was basically like a normal restaurant distance.

As far as a gluten free station, I don't recall seeing one specifically but if there are gluten free items I assume they are marked. There were plenty of non gluten containing foods like fruit and some of the salads and such though. I can check tonight if there's gluten free pasta dishes and such. 

The Samba restaurant is open for dinner. As far as shows, we've seen the headliner who is a former member of the letterman, Mark Preston who was a pretty standard lounge singer but was pretty good. We saw the ice show last night which was...interesting. it was game show themed but really more costume focused. They had different acts about different locations on this ship like Giovionnis, the arcade and such. We are seeing mamma Mia tonight which we hear is excellent and will report back.

Wife and I are currently on the Allure and loving it. I heard this morning that the occupancy was around 3K.  I would not be surprised if it was a little less.   We are in Labadee today (Monday).  All the bars seem open, the entertainment has been great as has the food.   First time on the Allure and it is a beautiful ship.

• Like 1

Was your schedule originally showing Nassau on Sunday and sea day for Monday?

We are on the March 5 sailing, I think a mirror of yours, which continues to show the above schedule, but would rather visit Labadee rather than Nassau.

Nothing against Nassau, we like Nassau, but we were just there on our last cruise as a Labadee replacement.

Eddie

18 hours ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Neither Nassau or Labadee were on the original itinerary for this sailing. The original itinerary was St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Puerto Plata(DR), and St. Maarteen. This change was made January 27th.

From the email this was how the change was explained, 

"Pier construction in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic has unfortunately been delayed and as a result, we won’t be able to dock there. Instead, we’ll now visit Labadee, Haiti on Monday. Additionally, due to the distance from Haiti, we’ve pushed back our visit to Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas to Thursday, and replaced our visit to Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis with Nassau, Bahamas on Saturday."

Edited by Shaudius

On 2/20/2022 at 11:14 PM, CatLadyFemme said:

if there is a gluten free station in WJ,

any thoughts you have about the shows. 

So there was at least one gluten free station tonight at WJ. I've attached a photo of it. There may have been others. 

Mamma Mia was great tonight. The cast was excellent. I'm not a huge fan of some parts of the second act of the show but thats not on the cast.

20220221_185658.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 10:34 AM, Eddie Wilson said:

We are on the March 5 sailing, I think a mirror of yours, which continues to show the above schedule, but would rather visit Labadee rather than Nassau.

Nothing against Nassau, we like Nassau, but we were just there on our last cruise as a Labadee replacement.

Eddie

Hi Eddie,   Nassau is our last stop (Saturday) and then we arrive back in Ft Lauderdale on Sunday morning.  We also are not crazy about the Nassau stop and may just stay on the ship.

14 hours ago, Shaudius said:

So there was at least one gluten free station tonight at WJ. I've attached a photo of it. There may have been others. 

Mamma Mia was great tonight. The cast was excellent. I'm not a huge fan of some parts of the second act of the show but thats not on the cast.

20220221_185658.jpg

Thank you!!

16 hours ago, Shaudius said:

Neither Nassau or Labadee were on the original itinerary for this sailing. The original itinerary was St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Puerto Plata(DR), and St. Maarteen. This change was made January 27th.

From the email this was how the change was explained, 

"Pier construction in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic has unfortunately been delayed and as a result, we won’t be able to dock there. Instead, we’ll now visit Labadee, Haiti on Monday. Additionally, due to the distance from Haiti, we’ve pushed back our visit to Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas to Thursday, and replaced our visit to Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis with Nassau, Bahamas on Saturday."

This is our itinerary in a few weeks. I hope Puerto Plata is open by then! I don’t really care about missing it, but I’ll be bummed if we get St. Kitts swapped out and replaced with Nassau.

On 2/20/2022 at 8:30 PM, GStanMus said:

Hi Lwuest- Do you happen to have the “ don’t miss the show“ schedule sheet for your Allure 6 day cruise?

On the thread below (ignore the pic), the first post of page five has a Don't Miss the Show for the 6 night Western on Allure that left today.