Celebrity move up

eccsr

Never happened to me.  

I would go back and look at your e-mail confirmation and see if you accidentally  bid for the Aqua Class      If you didn't I would call in with your bid in hand and have them retract the upgrade and give you back your original room (if still available).  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Never happened to me.  

I would go back and look at your e-mail confirmation and see if you accidentally  bid for the Aqua Class      If you didn't I would call in with your bid in hand and have them retract the upgrade and give you back your original room (if still available).  

Totally agree!  I would imagine X would have a lot of headaches in the form of charge backs and even legal consequences if this were a regular occurrence.  With that being said, $240/person (plus fees and tips) seems like a solid deal if this sailing is 7+ nights, on my next sailing the current price difference between a non-guarantee balcony and a non-guarantee Aqua is $598/person (before fees and taxes).  I could have sworn on my last 7+ night cruise on the Equinox (9 nights) to go from Balcony to Family it was $500 min bid.

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

When I re-read the OP's original It is unclear if he bid $100 total (50 bid for 2) or if the bid $100 pp the way the bidding system works. 

As others have said for $240 I would take in and enjoy Blu but the OP may have other reasons why they wanted a family state room

19 minutes ago, eccsr said:

Wow you were right. I must have bid on both although I did not mean to. What do you get for upgrading to Aqua class? This is just a 4 day cruise. Not sure if this was worth it. 

Probably still cheaper than booking directly from a CC article:

"Aqua Class cabins add spa-themed perks and amenities to the standard balcony cabin experience. The rooms are each enhanced with a fancy spa shower, plush bathrobes and slippers, an aromatherapy diffuser, pillow menu and two yoga mats on Edge-class ships and "revolutionised" ships. Passengers can take advantage of a spa concierge who can reserve spa treatments, as well as complimentary tea, an expanded room service menu, some wellness programming on your in-cabin TV and unlimited access to the SEA Thermal Suite on Edge-class ships or Persian Garden on Millennium- and Solstice-class ships. Plus, Aqua Class passengers can dine for free in Blu, an exclusive dining venue featuring calorie-conscious (or so-called "clean cuisine"), for breakfast and dinner."

Edited by NutsAboutGolf
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eccsr said:

Wow you were right. I must have bid on both although I did not mean to. What do you get for upgrading to Aqua class? This is just a 4 day cruise. Not sure if this was worth it. 

I think you will enjoy Aqua.    The main thing you get is Blu is your main dining room.   Excellent service and a much smaller dining room from the main dining room.   You will also have access to the Aqua Spa relaxation area.   Not sure which class ship you are on but the relaxation area is really nice on the S and E Class ships but not so nice in my opinion on the M-Class ships.   They also have an enhanced room service menu an afternoon tid bits delivered to your room.    They also have Yoga Mats in your room and upgraded linen and bathrobes (i think).  I believe you also get upgraded toiletries

Enjoy it and see if you might want to consider it on a longer cruise.   The cost is only $25 pp per day.   I really think you will find it worth it. 

5 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

to go from Balcony to Family it was $500 min bid.

That has changed, at one time if FV was available close to your cruise you could change your cabin. 
I did that in 2013 and moved from a mid ship balcony to FV on Infinity. I asked what the price difference was and was told ‘ nothing, as they are the same category.’

Am I correct, Aqua only accommodate 2 passengers?
FV up to 5, which is why they are not available to couples for early bookings.

Edited by upwarduk