Guide Us Obi-Wan Cruise Kanobi

Our first cruise as Diamond is fast approaching.  We have been utilizing the Emerald Lounge, but understand the Diamond Lounge is even nicer.

Do we need a refreshment package if newly Diamond? 

We won't go over 8 alcoholic drinks a day, but we like the specialty coffees in the AM, Fresh OJ, drink lots of water, DW likes the fountain drinks. 

Are those things provided in the Diamond Lounge?

Eddie, (recent Emerald Graduate) 

The DL provides a continental breakfast, coffee machine can make lattes and cappuccinos, and OJ (not fresh squeezed). If you want bottled water, fresh OJ, and other specialty coffees, you may want the refreshment package, which also includes any virgin drinks, even frozen mocktails! I personally like that! As a Diamond member, you will get 4 free drink vouchers per day to use anytime at any bar, even in the MDR; however, daily vouchers do not carry over to the next day. Cheers!

Oh and the DL has happy hours every evening, usually from 4:30 or 5:00 to 8:00, and will have hors d'oeuvres, You can also use your vouchers in there while you meet and chat with your fellow DL members!

Edited by SilkySal
add
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Oh and the DL has happy hours every evening, usually from 4:30 or 5:00 to 8:00, and will have hors d'oeuvres, You can also use your vouchers in there while you meet and chat with your fellow DL members!

Haven’t been in the DL since they’ve been loading the drinks on your seapass, which I personally really like. Am I correct in that it’s not free drinks the whole happy hour like it used to be and now you have to use your vouchers even in there?

2 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

Haven’t been in the DL since they’ve been loading the drinks on your sea pass, which I personally really like. Am I correct in that it’s not free drinks the whole happy hour like it used to be and now you have to use your vouchers even in there?

You are expected to use your vouchers in the DL. Tips are always appreciated!

3 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

You are expected to use your vouchers in the DL. Tips are always appreciated!

I thought that was the new rule, but I wasn’t sure. I never go there, but it’s a good bit of info for new Diamond members who might have heard about the old rules. I remember seeing people in there years ago swigging that terrible wine for three hours straight.  Thanks for clarifying. 

• Like 1

Use your four vouchers wisely - your first four drink purchases, anywhere,  will be used against your vouchers unless you state otherwise. So if you plan on getting a $13 alcoholic beverage, don't spend it on a glass of soda.

Also, tips are not included, so carry some cash and be nice to staff.