Covid testing - departing on Mar 10th

Sarahjane001

Hi,

I've left this a bit late. leaving on 10 March and I am trying to find out the best way to get the covid tests done. I was going to use CVS, but they send you to a testing site (not in store). Thats fine but the site says they don't ask for any ID - does anyone know if they give you a certificate? Surely the documentation has to be in your name so we can prove its our own test results.

Secondly, I was going to order the at home supervised tests through celebrity website. they do a two pack - this may sound obvious, but I guess my husband and i can use one each? also what about the supervised part - do I make one or two appointments (one for each of us?).

What are you all doing for yours?

Thanks

Sarah

We used CVS.

You must provide a photo ID.

CVS sites have a "Minute Clinic" associated with them.

Some sites will have you go into the clinic or used a specific drive through lane at the store location.

You get a text message that your test results are available with a link to your specific results that give all the required information.

Hint: We boarded the Constellation in Tampa on 2/14. I suggest that you print out copies of all required boarding documents (including the test results) to board and not depend on your cell phone or the app.

Celebrity in Tampa closely controlled the times printed on the boarding pass. No sneaking in early.

However, there was long line in the terminal  of frustrated passengers who had trouble pulling the documents  up on their cell phones due to problems connecting with service in the terminal area. There was technical staff that worked with the phones to gain access to the documents.

Those of us with hard copies breezed through.

34 minutes ago, Sarahjane001 said:

Hi,

I've left this a bit late. leaving on 10 March and I am trying to find out the best way to get the covid tests done. I was going to use CVS, but they send you to a testing site (not in store). Thats fine but the site says they don't ask for any ID - does anyone know if they give you a certificate? Surely the documentation has to be in your name so we can prove its our own test results.

Secondly, I was going to order the at home supervised tests through celebrity website. they do a two pack - this may sound obvious, but I guess my husband and i can use one each? also what about the supervised part - do I make one or two appointments (one for each of us?).

What are you all doing for yours?

Thanks

Sarah

For my three shots at CVS (first two shots were in MA and Booster was in CA) and a COVID test, also in MA, they always asked for a photo ID.  

Better hurry if you're going to order the at-home tests. My first order "disappeared" in the system and it was several weeks before I finally got a set in hand. 

I have read reports of some of the tests being invalid (already open, whatever), so I'd order two sets if that's the route you take.

8 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

For my three shots at CVS (first two shots were in MA and Booster was in CA) and a COVID test, also in MA, they always asked for a photo ID.  

For my booster at CVS, I was not asked for a photo ID. I had made an appointment online and filled out the info, but they did not verify that my info actually matched me when I showed up.

Just now, hrhdhd said:

For my booster at CVS, I was not asked for a photo ID. I had made an appointment online and filled out the info, but they did not verify that my info actually matched me when I showed up.

My info was entered into a database

We booked appointments up to 14 days in advance on CVS site for the antigen test.& got the results on line within an hour. we printed it out & it was accepted by X. We did have to bring our covid shot card Id that was inspected by CVS & X. 

5 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

I'm not sure how this relates to the fact that I was not asked to prove who I was when I showed up for a booster at CVS.

Well I was clearly replying to your question, sharing my experience and how it differed, no right or wrong, just pointing out the inconsistencies on all of this.  Sorry it was not the same as yours, perhaps you are just wanting people with the same experience as you to reply.  Good luck..

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

Because CVS doesn't do the Covid testing. They contracted with Minute Clinic to do the testing at CVS locations.

minute clinics are in the cvs though. The OP is under the impression that they will not go to the cvs store for testing. They will. 

2 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

minute clinics are in the cvs though. The OP is under the impression that they will not go to the cvs store for testing. They will. 

In many places, they are in the parking lot, not in the store. So OP may not in fact go into the cvs store for testing.

40 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

yes, the cvs store parking lot…. They aren’t being referred to a different place

I'm not a mind-reader. I don't know what OP means by "testing site (not in store)". I don't know exactly what they've read or were told, nor do I know where they read or were told this. Perhaps the explanation is as simple as their local CVS, like mine, is not a testing site and they need to go to a different CVS that's not close by.

I really stressed out needlessly over this, ordered a 2 pack of tests and made back up appts at Walgreens. Worried for days before the proctored test. It was SO simple and we had NO issues with the kit, everything was there!. You may have to put something’s like your ID behind your phone or laptop or iPad (which is what we used) camera view but for most of the test just have the camera at angle where it can see test on table in front of you with device behind it.. We got through both times in a minute. We did download app & set up our accounts (both of you need separate accounts with separate email) but one can request to be able to access the other’s results.  This was very easy, instructions were clear.

We took a screenshot of results and also printed them out  but you could just keep them on your phone. If I were to do it again I would order a 3 or 4 pack in case one was defective & use next time we needed a test if didn’t need them. We cancelled our Walgreens test (scheduled for later in day) when we were finished and had results on app. 

But order today to make sure you get them, ours took about 5 days to arrive. Just schedule at Walgreens for a backup!

3 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Well I was clearly replying to your question, sharing my experience and how it differed, no right or wrong, just pointing out the inconsistencies on all of this.  Sorry it was not the same as yours, perhaps you are just wanting people with the same experience as you to reply.  Good luck..

For heaven's sake . . . if you had been clear, I wouldn't have pointed out that you weren't clear.

Anyway, time to take advantage of a CC feature. Enjoy your future cruises.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

I'm not sure how this relates to the fact that I was not asked to prove who I was when I showed up for a booster at CVS.

Possibly because the OP question was about being tested and you are referring to booster shots. 

For the home monitored tests.   The 2 pack are two individually boxed tests with one test in each box.   The box states you should not break the seal prior to the testing.    Many like to buy a back up as if you have a procedural issue or missing items (rare but they have been reported).  

You each create an individual account and log on individually to do your tests.  

It is really easy to do the test but would suggest you watch one of the YourTube videos on it to familiarize you with the process.

• Thanks 1