Is Aurora sailing tonight

PrincessPete

29 minutes ago, Mollag said:

We’re in an iso cabin been here since last Sunday had to wait in our own cabin for 24 hrs for one to become available so we think it’s day9 for us now we’re both fine lovely balcony cabin room service has been good. We got thermometers after a 3 day wait so the med staff could monitor our temps but haven’t had a call from them for 3 days now I’m assuming because they’re run ragged with other patients. They obviously knew there was an issue after leaving Madeira but chose to ignore it. 
We think its Aruba still tomorrow but like I say we don’t get to know much in here only for our FB group we’d be totally in the dark

Thank you for giving your perspective on the situation- much appreciated 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Cruise Mapper is also showing the next port of call as St George, Bermuda 

FWIW  Marine Traffic currently giving ETA St Georges as 0700 14/3/22 that is 47 minutes after arriving at Curaco, I suspect an error somewhere.

• Haha 1

Aruba should be next port for tomorrow but Aurora is no longer showing on the port schedule.  Britannia who is also in Curaçao today remains showing. St Lucia also has no Aurora call listed for the remainder of the month.

I'm not sure of her actual schedule but Mollag who is on board mentioned Aruba as next and St Lucia is apparently the rendezvous for Queen Victoria on 21st.

Edited by Megabear2

The latest bit of news gleaned from the outside world is they’ve relaxed the isolation rules for close contacts if they test negative they no longer have to isolate  is this because they haven’t any where near enough isolation cabins I wonder as if P&O would do something like that

11 minutes ago, Mollag said:

The latest bit of news gleaned from the outside world is they’ve relaxed the isolation rules for close contacts if they test negative they no longer have to isolate  is this because they haven’t any where near enough isolation cabins I wonder as if P&O would do something like that

I assume they are being asked to test/monitor how they are.  I assume that as you are in port today and it has been a normal day for non isolated passengers.

Do you have to test negative to be released from quarantine or is it just being done on a day count.

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

I assume they are being asked to test/monitor how they are.  I assume that as you are in port today and it has been a normal day for non isolated passengers.

Do you have to test negative to be released from quarantine or is it just being done on a day count.

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Don’t know what the monitoring situation is for them and we’ve no idea if we have to be retested reception we’re getting the med  centre to call us at 9 this morning but still waiting like I’ve said before no info given at all. No one was told they could have free WiFi, phone calls to home/ insurance companies or they’re entitled to FCC for their time in iso. There was supposed to be an iso info pack in each cabin but I don’t think anyone has had one and now some of the P&O lovers are getting nasty accusing members of being scaremongers, spreading rumours you know the usual story just hope they don’t have the misfortune to go through this………or do I

• Like 1

Perhaps they forgot to replace the paperwork after the previous inhabitants left at Barbados, it's probably an oversight due to what sounds like a busy situation. 

Regarding other posters on FB or wherever it's better to not get involved, especially if it's upsetting you. Just concentrate on your own affairs for now, get yourself better and out of quarantine.  If you feel the need once its all over you can express your views in private with P&O and not allow other people to upset you.  Anything you want to say is best said under those circumstances. 

It's very easy for people to comment when they aren't living it, best to ignore them all for now.

As this outbreak is only known about by a closed group and a handful on here there are bound to be people wanting to put in their twopenworth.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Perhaps they forgot to replace the paperwork after the previous inhabitants left at Barbados, it's probably an oversight due to what sounds like a busy situation. 

Regarding other posters on FB or wherever it's better to not get involved, especially if it's upsetting you. Just concentrate on your own affairs for now, get yourself better and out of quarantine.  If you feel the need once its all over you can express your views in private with P&O and not allow other people to upset you.  Anything you want to say is best said under those circumstances. 

It's very easy for people to comment when they aren't living it, best to ignore them all for now.

As this outbreak is only known about by a closed group and a handful on here there are bound to be people wanting to put in their twopenworth.

We’ve been here since Madeira I don’t think there has ever been any paperwork as nobody has reported getting it. I’m not worried in the slightest about the comments on FB  just laugh at them but a few may take it to heart. After what you’ve done with the insurance issue the group may he looking for a good letter writer😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mollag said:

I understand Fred has stopped asking contacts to isolate in recent weeks.  I have read that the new procedure on his ships is that the contacts are tested in their cabins every day, then, if the test is negative, they are allowed free for the day. 

So may be a similar process on P&O since requirements are normally as per agreed with CLIA and governments as well as the cruise lines themselves.  No doubt you will hear soon about what will be happening though.  I hope you are free soon and are able to have some holiday time whilst in The Caribbean.

Good luck.

35 minutes ago, tring said:

I understand Fred has stopped asking contacts to isolate in recent weeks.  I have read that the new procedure on his ships is that the contacts are tested in their cabins every day, then, if the test is negative, they are allowed free for the day. 

So may be a similar process on P&O since requirements are normally as per agreed with CLIA and governments as well as the cruise lines themselves.  No doubt you will hear soon about what will be happening though.  I hope you are free soon and are able to have some holiday time whilst in The Caribbean.

Good luck.

Thanks we finally got a call tonight and will be allowed out on Wednesday the young lady was so apologetic I was feeling sorry for her she explained they simply cannot cope with the cases. We left the berth a while ago but unless we missed it the Captain didn’t make his usual cheery there’s no problems on here announcement so who knows what’s for us next

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Mollag said:

Thanks we finally got a call tonight and will be allowed out on Wednesday the young lady was so apologetic I was feeling sorry for her she explained they simply cannot cope with the cases. We left the berth a while ago but unless we missed it the Captain didn’t make his usual cheery there’s no problems on here announcement so who knows what’s for us next

Good news for you at last.  You are still shown as travelling to Aruba on Cruisemapper as at an hour ago so hopefully you will get to enjoy some Caribbean when you are released.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Good news for you at last.  You are still shown as travelling to Aruba on Cruisemapper as at an hour ago so hopefully you will get to enjoy some Caribbean when you are released.

AIS has eta Aruba pilot as 0530 LT

11 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

According to someone aboard; Aurora is docked in Aruba but they have been denied permission to disembark.

Oh dear, that's not good.  Aruba were one of the easier going islands at Christmas without even a temperature check.

19 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

According to someone aboard; Aurora is docked in Aruba but they have been denied permission to disembark.

But there may be some negotiation happening. After all, they are 4 hours behind us so it is still early there as I post this.

Twenty minutes ago we we’re leaving heading to Barbados for an operational stop tomorrow night then Dominica as scheduled,now every can go ashore here leaving at 1830 but no mention of what’s happening then. Stay tuned for the next in another 20 minutes 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Hello. Thanks for the update.  Bit bemused that first no one could get off then they could.  Still on a personal note isn't tomorrow your freedom day?

All port sites now confirm your Barbados arrival 17th so hopefully you'll be able to enjoy a day onboard before the next round of your mystery tour commences and you might be a bit less in the dark. 

He announced we we’re going to Barbados as we departed last night hope you enjoy your evening and that was it no mention of what’s next for us words fail me they’ve totally lost the plot

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

QV is currently in Barbados, so I expect there will be another ‘meeting’ with Aurora.

Most comments that I have seen have expressed concern about the communication from P&O (or rather the lack of it). I appreciate that it is a fluid situation but openness and frankness is surely not too much to ask for. 

• Like 2

They seem to be keeping a lid on it regarding the outbreak. Nothing anywhere else that I could see.   There's still 16 days left of this, perhaps they think they can ride it out.

I feel very sorry for the passengers sick or fit. They surely deserve full information on the plan going forward.

• Like 1