Is Aurora sailing tonight

PrincessPete

19 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

They seem to be keeping a lid on it regarding the outbreak. Nothing anywhere else that I could see.   There's still 16 days left of this, perhaps they think they can ride it out.

I feel very sorry for the passengers sick or fit. They surely deserve full information on the plan going forward.

A plan is a basis for change

7 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

They seem to be keeping a lid on it regarding the outbreak. Nothing anywhere else that I could see.   There's still 16 days left of this, perhaps they think they can ride it out.

I feel very sorry for the passengers sick or fit. They surely deserve full information on the plan going forward.

Latest plan Barbados tomorrow depart 1500 

Tortola Friday arr. 1400. dep. 2100

then back to the itinerary as before, we know there’s some of the refugees from QV being repatriated but don’t know if more will be leaving. We got out into the open again this morning there’s a few out on the sun beds inside the ship very quiet Sindhu is closed. Hope you’re soon better MB2 I know you don’t want to miss your cruise but I wouldn’t want to wish this carry on to anyone 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mollag said:

Latest plan Barbados tomorrow depart 1500 

Tortola Friday arr. 1400. dep. 2100

then back to the itinerary as before, we know there’s some of the refugees from QV being repatriated but don’t know if more will be leaving. We got out into the open again this morning there’s a few out on the sun beds inside the ship very quiet Sindhu is closed. Hope you’re soon better MB2 I know you don’t want to miss your cruise but I wouldn’t want to wish this carry on to anyone 

Very glad you are out and about and can enjoy your freedom.  Thank you for your kind words.  It would appear my nephew's wedding has become some sort of spreader event. He and his new wife are police and apparently seven of their colleagues have tested positive today plus his mum, uncle, grandad and myself. My niece and her partner are back home in Newcastle and complaining of sore throat. Not looking to good for our cruise at the moment even if we want to go.  I must say its probably the last place I want to be at present.  Because of my previous health problems and age I've been selected to take part in some antiviral trial and commence tomorrow.  I really can't wait as I never in my wildest moments thought I'd feel so ill.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Very glad you are out and about and can enjoy your freedom.  Thank you for your kind words.  It would appear my nephew's wedding has become some sort of spreader event. He and his new wife are police and apparently seven of their colleagues have tested positive today plus his mum, uncle, grandad and myself. My niece and her partner are back home in Newcastle and complaining of sore throat. Not looking to good for our cruise at the moment even if we want to go.  I must say its probably the last place I want to be at present.  Because of my previous health problems and age I've been selected to take part in some antiviral trial and commence tomorrow.  I really can't wait as I never in my wildest moments thought I'd feel so ill.  

Maybe your TA will be right and hang on in case they cancel it anyway at least then you’ll get a refund not more FCC take care and get well soon

On 3/14/2022 at 9:36 AM, Megabear2 said:

Yes, I've been monitoring that for a week or so. I was hoping it was because it's sold out - if you apply that option it shows so fingers crossed. More alarmingly it's not showing on any crew or cruise mapping site either!

Oh dear. I am on that one too with a friend.

From another site it seems some pax are being transferred to QV today. It is also reported that the communication of this decision to some of those passengers was of a very poor nature. They were meant to get phone call first but not everyone had one and the first they heard of it was when a letter was delivered by hand after they had gone to bed. There have been reports of sick people being told security would remove them if they refused to go and others would be filmed while doing their packing.

I think people are  upset about how this has been communciated to them and  they might need to fly home at the end of their isolation period as Aurora will most likely be on her way back to Southampton. 

There are also reports about pax having to isolate in their inside cabin, presumably no balconies were available to move them too. 

Regarding Aurora's next cruise, I do think this will be cancelled so thay can do a deep clean, as that is what happened on QM when she returned for the Carribean in January. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems most if not all passengers who are isolating were woken late last night by either a phone call or a cabin steward banging on their doors till they answered and told verbally or received this letter which caused serious concerns for a lot of them as they are concerned they may have had to fly home if still not negative by the 21st however one of the other guests in the group managed to speak to a receptionist and managed to get an assurance that they would have the option of sailing home on one of the other ships Britannia presumably. Nick Evett Customer Service Manager was asked to attend and explain the situation but he was unavailable like he has been for most of the cruise. 
Captain just announced no one can go ashore until the transfer is complete so highly unlikely that’s going to happen anytime soon

E9FFB47A-DEC5-4DEE-B0B6-7AE42D330DF9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Britboys said:

What an absolute nightmare for all concerned.

P&Os crass attitude towards customer service continues to astound me, how two companies under the same ownership can have such a different attitude towards their paying guests, who represent their livelihood,, as Princess and P&O,  is beyond belief.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Cathygh said:

From another site it seems some pax are being transferred to QV today. It is also reported that the communication of this decision to some of those passengers was of a very poor nature. They were meant to get phone call first but not everyone had one and the first they heard of it was when a letter was delivered by hand after they had gone to bed. There have been reports of sick people being told security would remove them if they refused to go and others would be filmed while doing their packing.

I think people are  upset about how this has been communciated to them and  they might need to fly home at the end of their isolation period as Aurora will most likely be on her way back to Southampton. 

There are also reports about pax having to isolate in their inside cabin, presumably no balconies were available to move them too. 

Regarding Aurora's next cruise, I do think this will be cancelled so thay can do a deep clean, as that is what happened on QM when she returned for the Carribean in January. 

I’ve been reading some Facebook posts from a chap who was isolated in his cabin, and, although he wasn’t feeling very well, he was trying to make the best of things and was making some amusing and entertaining comments. But when he was  knocked up after he’d gone to bed to be given a letter telling him to pack up and be offloaded to QV the following morning, has made him feel, understandably, very cross and upset.  I struggle to understand the ham fisted way P&O are dealing with this. I’d be really stressed out by now.

As for being videoed when packing - words fail me on that one.  

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I’ve been reading some Facebook posts from a chap who was isolated in his cabin, and, although he wasn’t feeling very well, he was trying to make the best of things and was making some amusing and entertaining comments. But when he was  knocked up after he’d gone to bed to be given a letter telling him to pack up and be offloaded to QV the following morning, has made him feel, understandably, very cross and upset.  I struggle to understand the ham fisted way P&O are dealing with this. I’d be really stressed out by now.

He was my source for post #139. The worst thing to my mind is that the Head of Customer Service on Aurora is never to be found. In these situations he should be leading from the front. I have found most people, even when feeling angry and aggressive just want to be listened to and to feel that someone is doing something to help them. All the upset on Aurora was avoidable, a little bit of empathy goes a long way. 

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

P&Os crass attitude towards customer service continues to astound me, how two companies under the same ownership can have such a different attitude towards their paying guests, who represent their livelihood,, as Princess and P&O,  is beyond belief.

Sadly, P&O has been going in that direction for some time and regrettably it shows the usual difference in attitude between a basically British company in P&O and an American one in Princess...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Yes, I’ve been following his story. I don’t blame him at all for being angry at the complete lack of information from P&O. They have not covered themselves in glory over this.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Yes, I’ve been following his story. I don’t blame him at all for being angry at the complete lack of information from P&O. They have not covered themselves in glory over this.

But they are being consistent. This now seems to be the normal P&O style. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Sadly, P&O has been going in that direction for some time and regrettably it shows the usual difference in attitude between a basically British company in P&O and an American one in Princess...

Although Princess have not covered themselves in glory in the way they have cancelled all the Enchanted cruises out of Copenhagen this summer.

25 minutes ago, Billish said:

Although Princess have not covered themselves in glory in the way they have cancelled all the Enchanted cruises out of Copenhagen this summer.

But it depends how they have dealt with it in terms of communication etc.... It's not what you do, it's the way you do it...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Britboys said:

But it depends how they have dealt with it in terms of communication etc.... It's not what you do, it's the way you do it...

But they didn’t communicate. They left those on the cruises on Enchanted Princess from Copenhagen in the dark and cancelled all cruises with no information regarding the replacements. Some very unhappy people. 

You couldn’t make some of this stuff up - and to think that people are willingly paying thousands of pounds to expose themselves to the risk of all this carry on. Surely all this nonsense has to come to an end before the cruise industry only appeals to those who are ignorant of the risks or have a perverse sense of ‘whatever will be, will be’?

We are off on our next holiday tomorrow. No testing, no masks, no onerous rules and regulations, no risks of quarantine, no being treated like plague victims, lovely accommodation booked (that we have used many times) with no risk of having to be moved, great restaurants all booked, sea views and, to top it all, a good weather forecast. I’m beginning to wonder why on earth I’ve booked two cruises for next year!

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I've kept quiet on this thread as there isn't really anything I can do to help/advise etc. But I do need to pick up this point.

As I understand it, no one is videoed when packing up their isolation cabin. Originally the chap has claimed that if they wanted something from their original cabin then housekeeping would need to fetch it. Housekeeping will pack all other possessions and make then ready for collection in Southampton. It's normally your cabin steward, overseen by an hotel officer. If someone is concerned about the security of that process, I understand the process can be videoed. 

My only other comment here is that P&O do not routinely bang on doors to deliver letters, they go under the door or in the message holder - even in the quarantine zone. The only time that P&O usually bang on doors is when they've tried the telephone and can get no answer.

Whilst I'm 100% that things could have been done better, I'm 100% that somethings in the posts and replies don't stack up. I wish the chap a swift recovery on QV.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

I've kept quiet on this thread as there isn't really anything I can do to help/advise etc. But I do need to pick up this point.

As I understand it, no one is videoed when packing up their isolation cabin. Originally the chap has claimed that if they wanted something from their original cabin then housekeeping would need to fetch it. Housekeeping will pack all other possessions and make then ready for collection in Southampton. It's normally your cabin steward, overseen by an hotel officer. If someone is concerned about the security of that process, I understand the process can be videoed. 

My only other comment here is that P&O do not routinely bang on doors to deliver letters, they go under the door or in the message holder - even in the quarantine zone. The only time that P&O usually bang on doors is when they've tried the telephone and can get no answer.

Whilst I'm 100% that things could have been done better, I'm 100% that somethings in the posts and replies don't stack up. I wish the chap a swift recovery on QV.

Well trust me everything that I’ve posted on here is 100% genuine I know you’re trying to defend your employer but this is totally indefensible as Max Boyce used to say I know because I was there

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

But they didn’t communicate. They left those on the cruises on Enchanted Princess from Copenhagen in the dark and cancelled all cruises with no information regarding the replacements. Some very unhappy people. 

Exactly.

3 minutes ago, Billish said:

Exactly.

But this was an American cruise line sailing out of a continental port, catering primarily for Nth American customer. So it's not surprising they cancel the entire season when they have overwhelming cancellations.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Very poor...

12 hours ago, Mollag said:

Well trust me everything that I’ve posted on here is 100% genuine I know you’re trying to defend your employer but this is totally indefensible as Max Boyce used to say I know because I was there

Although this must be a distressing experience for all involved, I think you are being unreasonable to Molecrochip. In his post, he explained the processes that should have been followed without insisting that they were. Videoing the packing up of the possessions in a cabin seems sensible, especially if, as molecrochip stated, it is voluntary on behalf of the passengers. Could be helpful later on to both sides if claims of missing items are made. Considering the nature and importance of the letters, it is probably considered best if they are handed to affected passengers directly rather than quietly pushed underneath the door or left outside. I can just imagine the reaction of some if somebody who is isolating has a letter left outside their cabin where they couldn’t access it. 

As far as I know, although molecrochip has involvement with the cruise industry, I think I recall him saying in the past that he is not employed by P&O.

• Like 6