Live Inaugural Cruising Review Wonder of the Seas 3/4/2022 - 3/11/2022 Plenty of Pictures!

Day 6 

I interrupt this review for a quick question… for people that have been to UK or live in UK… would you do an excursion to The city of Bath (you can’t go into the thermal pools) or would you go see Stonehenge??  There is no option to do both so I am soliciting feedback / opinions!  I want to see both so it’s hard to pick one!

18 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 6 

I interrupt this review for a quick question… for people that have been to UK or live in UK… would you do an excursion to The city of Bath (you can’t go into the thermal pools) or would you go see Stonehenge??  There is no option to do both so I am soliciting feedback / opinions!  I want to see both so it’s hard to pick one!

Oh definitely go to Bath!  It's a beautiful little town on a river and the scenery is awesome!  We stayed there for a few days and took a tour around the area.  Absolutely gorgeous!  You can't go into the ancient pools but you can certainly walk around them on a self tour.  On the other hand, Stonehenge is just a bunch of rocks......

Edited by Diver2014
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

i was referring to the menus and the descriptions that have left me disappointed.

remember a lot of the staff is being watching closely by mgrs walking around.  Seems stressed at times and I do not always get a good waiter either.   

I was referring to our experiences with everything associated with the MDR. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diver2014 said:

Oh definitely go to Bath!  It's a beautiful little town on a river and the scenery is awesome!  We stayed there for a few days and took a tour around the area.  Absolutely gorgeous!  You can't go into the ancient pools but you can certainly walk around them on a self tour.  On the other hand, Stonehenge is just a bunch of rocks......

Thank you!  That is good to know.  I really wish I could do both!

Day 6

Simeon Kirkiles was amazing such a great comedian … very quick, dry wit and not a lot sexual jokes!  Made fun of the ship, the bathroom door that does not open 😂 and he also touched on Carnival 😝.  He was talking to a probation officer and told her that he knows why she books on Royal because on Carnival she would run into people she knows lol…. Definitely check him out!!!

0E1958B0-24F0-45D7-B653-90E96F970A44.jpeg

8068C489-CD96-473B-815B-6692B1EE8262.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 6 

Don’t waste your time with Stonehenge the rocks are cordoned off now so you can’t get that near them.

Not that they were that good to visit in the first place.

On the other hand Bath is superb.

• Like 1

Loving your detailed review with all your pictures (as with your last one)!

I'm pretty sure Simeon was cruise directory on Symphony three years ago.  He as just filling in for the regular one.  Quite liked him...very personal, funny and just seemed like a nice guy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, davekathy said:

Not fleetwide. Our March 2022 B2B Explorer cruise MTD start time is at 7:15 PM. 🤬 When we first booked the cruises (L&S December 2021) I signed up for MTD 6:00PM for both legs. Then we got an eMail saying the reservations had been cancelled and having the option to stay with MTD or change over to TD. We changed to TD at 6:00 PM, table for two, both legs. 

As I have gotten older my dining choices have evolved.  Back in the day it was a multi hour happy hour before late seating dinner.  When your time or my time dinner came out across the various cruise lines after it became so popular on NCL, my choices started to skew earlier.  I will find out from Benny when it is on the Oasis when he cruises again on her in May.  We have our 5 day value cruise the first week of June before our UDP the following week.  Depending upon when it be starts could mean we could flip to early seating like you decided to.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Loving your detailed review with all your pictures (as with your last one)!

I'm pretty sure Simeon was cruise directory on Symphony three years ago.  He as just filling in for the regular one.  Quite liked him...very personal, funny and just seemed like a nice guy.

He seemed like such an easy going guy!  So fun! He is being evaluated by entertainment bosses on this showing.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

As I have gotten older my dining choices have evolved.  Back in the day it was a multi hour happy hour before late seating dinner.  When your time or my time dinner came out across the various cruise lines after it became so popular on NCL, my choices started to skew earlier.  I will find out from Benny when it is on the Oasis when he cruises again on her in May.  We have our 5 day value cruise the first week of June before our UDP the following week.  Depending upon when it be starts could mean we could flip to early seating like you decided to.

I reached to my contact on the Oasis and hopefully will get you an answer sooner than May!

1 hour ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Don’t waste your time with Stonehenge the rocks are cordoned off now so you can’t get that near them.

Not that they were that good to visit in the first place.

On the other hand Bath is superb.

Thank you so much for that information!!  That’s exactly what I wanted to know!  Fellow cruise critic member helping out another!

• Like 1

Day 6 MDR

They changed the recipe for the duck terrine on the Wonder and that was ummmm.. interesting… don’t overlook the vegan menu, the vegetable tempura is delicious… just like Izumi.  The coconut layer cake was really really good!

C7263F70-ECE4-4495-AF28-FC99D1E8D721.jpeg

AABA7B6A-188D-4452-AE63-A4AE51227B99.jpeg

97828687-E37D-4882-BB81-8F436E45FBBA.jpeg

605F3995-E14E-4AD9-8782-423B8A98E75C.jpeg

EBDAFE7F-2042-48EB-A3BE-B68FCDD956EF.jpeg

DBAD62E6-DDDB-46F2-9129-CC9CAAAAA04A.jpeg

FA46C78F-8B55-481B-9133-392C4611F8D0.jpeg