Question for anyone that has used CVS for antigen testing...

Thanks for this thread.  I, too, am hoping not to set up yet another "My Chart" as my husband and I already have two with different hospitals.  I would really like to just get the CVS results as an e-mail or text that I can just print out and take with us on our cruise in April.  I appreciate all of the good information.

• Thanks 1

My husband and I did an antigen test at CVS in December and just waited 20 minutes at the pharmacy for our results to be printed. We received a text or email (can’t remember) about an hour later but since we already had the printed results no need to me with links. Not sure if every CVS will do this but worth calling and asking and even trying out if you’re willing to wait. 

• Like 1

We did ours at a CVS two days prior, and got a text with our results about two hours after leaving the store.  That text brought us to a website, and from there I had an option to download the results as a PDF, which we did. 

I've got an Android phone, so accessing files isn't a problem.  Can't speak to what you'd do on an iPhone... 

During boarding, I opened up each of the PDFs on my phone, and it was a breeze from there.

If you're home or at a hotel, you could presumably open up the URL in the text, get the webpage, and download the PDF or print the results directly from the web.  I wish we'd have had it in hardcopy just to speed things up a bit.

Edited by Lane Hog
  • Like 1

I did not set up an account.  I got a text within an hour of taking the test.  Opened link and printed results.  Best to have printed results as it made the check-in easy peasy.

One thing that did bother me was that CVS canceled my appointment 3/2 for my 3/5 appointment, so I scrambled to get an appointment at another CVS location (20 miles away).  I had a proctored at home tests in case the second appointment got cancelled, too.

On 3/8/2022 at 2:32 PM, Lane Hog said:

We did ours at a CVS two days prior, and got a text with our results about two hours after leaving the store.  That text brought us to a website, and from there I had an option to download the results as a PDF, which we did. 

I've got an Android phone, so accessing files isn't a problem.  Can't speak to what you'd do on an iPhone... 

During boarding, I opened up each of the PDFs on my phone, and it was a breeze from there.

If you're home or at a hotel, you could presumably open up the URL in the text, get the webpage, and download the PDF or print the results directly from the web.  I wish we'd have had it in hardcopy just to speed things up a bit.

We did it at CVS in November and had the same experience and have iphone. Took a few hours but they sent us a text and it had a Q code we could use at the port. 

On 3/4/2022 at 7:03 AM, AnyWayIsGood said:

Thanks for replies. I'm undoubtedly worried way too mucn about this. Marco is indicating that there was no need to set up any sort of account. 

..meaning you did it before taking the tests?  Setting up the test appointment was easy enough, so I anticipated the same with having to do a 'my chart'. The way I read the instructions, there is no need to wait for results. It can be done anytime. What creates some level of anxiety is reports of some people having gotten results but then unable to set up mychart. 

...similar to what I asked Ashland...did you do this before or after testing? 

I have never bothered to set up a my chart account with CVS.  They sent a link to my phone.  When at the terminal checking in for the cruise I just clicked the link they sent and all was good. You don't need the My Charts account if it is giving you grief.  

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, jcc1025 said:

We did it at CVS in November and had the same experience and have iphone. Took a few hours but they sent us a text and it had a Q code we could use at the port. 

They were willing and able to scan the QR code at the port?

On 3/4/2022 at 2:14 AM, onefishtwofish said:

Ashland - great you got the results so quickly - did you schedule the regular test or the rapid test? 

The rapid Antigen was all that was needed.

On 3/4/2022 at 5:03 AM, AnyWayIsGood said:

Thanks for replies. I'm undoubtedly worried way too mucn about this. Marco is indicating that there was no need to set up any sort of account. 

..meaning you did it before taking the tests?  Setting up the test appointment was easy enough, so I anticipated the same with having to do a 'my chart'. The way I read the instructions, there is no need to wait for results. It can be done anytime. What creates some level of anxiety is reports of some people having gotten results but then unable to set up mychart. 

...similar to what I asked Ashland...did you do this before or after testing? 

Yes...I set it up just after I made the appointments...so before testing.

CVS sent a reminder to my iPhone and desk top the day of test and directions if needed.

All done so very easily...great experience using CVS.

1 hour ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

Yikes...not from where I sit. No problem scheduling the test, but I give up on the 'my chart' unless it turns out to be necessary in order to get the results. Doesn't sound that way. 

You do not need My Chart to get your results!!  They will text your results to your phone and you can either show the text at the port or print out the results.  Be sure to NOT delete your text!!  If you do set up your MyChart account, you will get the text and it will also sync to your MyChart app.  This is how it all worked for me - no issues!!