Live from Carnival Elation March 5 - 10

jimbo5544

On 3/7/2022 at 8:44 AM, afcruiser said:

We board on her 3/28/22.

Taking our Grandson, 7 Y.O. His First Cruise. 

Hubby and I have custody of him now.

This is a rebook from last November on the Magic. 

Needed a Spring Break time frame.

Loving your pic's. 

Have a relaxing trip.

Looking forward to more. 

P.S. Snowing hard in Northern Michigan. Sooo ready for warm sunshine. 

Thanks for giving your grandson a loving home. I am sure there is more to that story but won't pry. Just thank you. And for taking the tyke on his first cruise. He will love it!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Thanks for giving your grandson a loving home. I am sure there is more to that story but won't pry. Just thank you. And for taking the tyke on his first cruise. He will love it!

Echo that

• Like 2

4 hours ago, afcruiser said:

Thanks for posting all the Beautiful Pic's.

Can't wait for warmth and sunshine.

I almost forgot about the towel animals on deck. 

Grandson will laugh hysterically. 

Quick Question.. Are there life jackets that we can take off the ship at the ports??

For the Grandson. 

Thanks again Jimbo.

I ha e never seen anyone take life jackets off the ship.  I would check with guest services.  First time some of our grandkids saw the towel animals we had a sleepover the night before.   We were headed up to lido and the middle one (was about 5) saw them all as we came out, stopped and let out a big WOW.  

18 hours ago, mz-s said:

I wonder if these added staterooms on Elation are going to make her feel too crowded.

She def did not feel crowded anywhere on the ship.  The location of these rooms is excellent and we enjoyed it a lot.  

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your cruise. I'm sailing her April 2. Its been a while since we last sailed from PC. I love fantasy class  and fear they will slowly all be fazed out. I'm looking forward to my trip, and your summary. 

17 hours ago, ober134 said:

Thanks for sharing your cruise. I'm sailing her April 2. Its been a while since we last sailed from PC. I love fantasy class  and fear they will slowly all be fazed out. I'm looking forward to my trip, and your summary. 

Thanks for following along.  The phasing out is not so slowly I fear

1 hour ago, Ralphinsc said:

Thanks for the review, pictures, and all the great information! Four weeks until we finally get back to cruising for the first time since the world went sideways! 

Thanks for the kind words, enjoy your cruise

• Like 2

We picked this cruise during the lockdown, specifically because it was on a fantasy class ship and a great deal.  The Elation did not disappoint.  We had a great time.  Our cabin location was fantastic and the crew was spectacular.  We would go back in a heartbeat.

• Like 2

Thanks for another great trip review! Glad you & the wife had such a great time. Fun to see you go from the biggest ship (Mardi Gras) in an Excel Suite to the smallest ship and still just as fantastic of a time.  Looking forward to reading about you back on the Mardi Gras in June! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

We picked this cruise during the lockdown, specifically because it was on a fantasy class ship and a great deal.  The Elation did not disappoint.  We had a great time.  Our cabin location was fantastic and the crew was spectacular.  We would go back in a heartbeat.

That location does seem like probably the best place to be on Elation. Basically everything on the ship is on your deck, or either one above or below. You never really even need an elevator.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

That location does seem like probably the best place to be on Elation. Basically everything on the ship is on your deck, or either one above or below. You never really even need an elevator.

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT

• Like 3

OMG! I LOVE the Elation! She was our second and third cruises, during her first and second year. She was one of the BIGGER cruise ships at the time.I thought she was so beautiful and still do. We booked almost a year in advance and immediately ordered the Elation promo video with Kathy Lee Gifford singing her way through the ship. We watched it every night before going to bed for months before the cuise. Thank you so much for the pictures with the peacock feathers in them. I'd almost forgotten that part. People make so many jokes about Farcus decor but I loved it and still do. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, boomhower said:

Did you go to the new comedy club any?  That was one of my concerns with the new rooms.  The giant comedy clubs on the Fantasy class ships is by far the biggest I've been in. 

We did, I actually liked it, size wise and location.