Really Starting To Get Worried Here!

So I have been waiting a long time to do the doc dance:D , sailing on the Vision on 03/05 and STILL DO NOT HAVE MY DOCS:mad: !

So, I called my TA and was called a worry wart:eek: ! which p---ed me off! They were told that the docs had been mailed (what:eek: !)out on Feb 8. Does it really take over 2 weeks to mail something Miami to Edmonton.

Should I be worried? Any advice. Thanks

Laura

YES! It's less than two weeks before your cruise, and you don't have your docs yet, and they were mailed more than two weeks ago -- I'd say there's a problem.

I had the same thing happen on my first RCI cruise -- the first set of docs never did arrive, but we called and got a second set, which we received only a week before our cruise. I'd call again. And any TA who called me a "worry wart" for expressing a reasonable concern would not get my business again.

LeeAnne

You able to print out your Set Sail Pass? I would be worried, got mine a few weeks ago and we leave March 10th. I would only feel better if my Set Sail was in order. The docs don't mean much if you fill everything out online, just might take a few more minutes at the port. The only thing you get in your docs you don't have on the Set Sail is a breakdown of your price, excursion information and luggage tags but you can get tags from a porter at the doc.

PS Might think about a new TA, don't sound like they care much.

Goodluck

Dawna

I've seen things get hung up at customs that were being shipped from Canada to the US. Not sure if it works the same way with things going the other direction. Eventually they make it but the border seems to really slow things down. How was it sent? Is there a tracking number? It does seem a little long.

You dont even need the docs. So why worry? Print the sail pass online or if you dont have a computer go to the local library and use that one. Like another poster said all you get in the docs that you can use are the luggage tags, no big deal tell the porter and he will give you some at luggage drop off. Put it this way if you buy a cruise 30 days before sail date, you dont get docs so quit sweating your fine. If you just need more confirmation than this then call Royal Caribbean, they will comfort you with the same info.

So true. I had problems with my docs, called Royal Carribbean, and they confirmed that they aren't needed. Only thing needed to board is Setsail pass, and my ID. I asked why they are issued in the first place (other than getting luggage tags), and they said only as a courtesy because people still like to get the hard copy. I say do away with them and drop the price of my cruise a bit!

So if we do not receive our docs, but can still do the online check and print our setsail pass, will we have any problems getting on the ship?

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Is there a reason you have not done online check-in yet? If you have no problems or see no problems there then you should be fine. Just read through them and make sure the information is correct.

BonVoyage

Dawna

So true. I had problems with my docs, called Royal Carribbean, and they confirmed that they aren't needed. Only thing needed to board is Setsail pass, and my ID. I asked why they are issued in the first place (other than getting luggage tags), and they said only as a courtesy because people still like to get the hard copy. I say do away with them and drop the price of my cruise a bit!
Well, if they DO (get rid of the doc booklet), they WON'T (drop the price), so enjoy this tangible proof and souvenir of your voyage!

Is there a reason you have not done online check-in yet? If you have no problems or see no problems there then you should be fine. Just read through them and make sure the information is correct.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Because this is our first cruise I quess I was justing waiting for confirmation and thought that we were required to have the documents. Aside from this, we also booked our air with RCCI so we need the airline tickets.

I have just completed the on-line check-in and have printed the SetSail passes so that part is OK now. Just the air I am worried about now.

On my first cruise I didn't get my travel docs either; sailing from Honolulu. I called the travel co & the staff person said the only thing different from doing the forms online & getting them in the mail was indeed merely luggage tags.

That's exactly the way it played out too. I've dealt with this company three times before so it wasn't like dealing with a total stranger, so that gave me some additional peace of mind.

No need to worry about air. Tickets are E tickets and you get them at the airport, again all you need is your proper ID. If you are worried about your flight reservation call the airport for further verification. What else you got?

You dont even need the docs. So why worry? Print the sail pass online or if you dont have a computer go to the local library and use that one. Like another poster said all you get in the docs that you can use are the luggage tags, no big deal tell the porter and he will give you some at luggage drop off. Put it this way if you buy a cruise 30 days before sail date, you dont get docs so quit sweating your fine. If you just need more confirmation than this then call Royal Caribbean, they will comfort you with the same info.

I agree. We've been on 4 cruises since RCI has gone to SetSail... we haven't used any documentation other than that.

We just decided yesterday (Wednesday) to go on the Navigator this Saturday. I called our TA at noon, gave him all the information, and paid for the cruise with a credit card right then and there. He gave me our confirmaiton number Five minutes later, I went to the RCI web site, and using the confirmation number, filled out all the online information and printed our SetSail Pass at 12:39pm. In less than 40 minutes, I was done. Now we get to spend another week in Paradise.

Tim

Because this is our first cruise I quess I was justing waiting for confirmation and thought that we were required to have the documents. Aside from this, we also booked our air with RCCI so we need the airline tickets.

I have just completed the on-line check-in and have printed the SetSail passes so that part is OK now. Just the air I am worried about now.

Has your TA given you the Airline, flight number & times yet? If not now I would be concerned. If they have call and get your seat assignments because they don't do that for you. That way you can be reassured everything is ok and you can sit by your traveling companion if you have one. :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

I had received my documents and my boy's documents, but they had forgotten my mom's. I called RCL and they said as long as she was on the manifest, didn't matter whether she had the documents or not. Told them they would have to deal with the wrath of my mom if they pulled away without her and he laughed. My travel agent said the same thing about the documents, they are basically for the person travelling and to make them feel better and as long as they are on the manifest, that is all that matters. Plus, airlines always have your information also.

Surprisingly though, the documents showed up a week later.

It will all work out...:o

Wow, these are great postings. I was getting a little worried myself. We leave on the Mariner March, 19th. I've printed out the set sail, but I have no docs in the mail. NO DOC dance for me! :( I really look forward to the doc dance and posting the information here.

But, at least now I know I can rest easy. I'll have to explain this to DH because on sailing day, he is in charge of docs, not me.

We received our Docs last Tuesday, Feb 21 for our March 4 cruise on the Voyager and we are in NB, Canada. Try not to sweat this out because you can still proceed with your cruise without them. Just make sure you have a list of flight numbers and all the information that you need. Take care and enjoy your upcoming cruise. We went on our first cruise last March and we are addicted.

If you are using Royal Caribbean transfer to the dock, you probably need confirmation of that. It was a page in our book that we had to present in Orlando before boarding the bus. I lugged that whole book for nothing except those 2 pages. lol It is always a good idea to frequently check with the airlines about your flight anyway. Ours was canceled 24 hours before but got a better flight. Good luck. Have a great trip!

Archived