Celebrity app for smart phone

misha1

Good morning fellow cruisers!  After reading about the Celebrity app on a few posts, I downloaded it to my phone.  Seems like an unusable app unless it is time to check in for one's cruise. I guess I thought it would allow me to do the same thing as I do on the Celebrity site on my lap top (once logged in).  Am I missing something?  My immediateconcern is when can I order my covid testing supplies and be assurred that I will recieve them in time for my sailing?  I thought the app aided in this.  I do not see any links. My sailing is not till September, and I bet there will be loads of requirement changes between now and then.  Guess what I am asking is...am I missing something with this use of this app?  

The Celebrity App is totally different than the Web Site.   It is designed specifically for use in doing your online checkin and many more functions while on a ship.    In advance  about 2-3 weeks prior to cruise you can also see the dining room menus for each evening etc.

This is the link and you will notice it is just a link to Celebrity Branded page on Optum

https://store.optum.com/celebrity-cruises/

To order your test you can either go to the Website on your computer (or via Web Browser on your smart phone and click the link to order.    That link will lead you to Optum.com to purchase 1 or 2 tests.   You can also buy from E-Med.com and buy a 6 Pack.

Neither guarantee an arrival time so best to order early.   Current test have expiration date of about 1 year from now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

I have read that with the App, you can look at the menus and activities of  cruises you are not booked on.  Is that true?  If so, how do you do that?  When I log on, it goes right to my next booked cruise. 

I have only been able to use it for cruises we are booked on.

3 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

I have read that with the App, you can look at the menus and activities of  cruises you are not booked on.  Is that true?  If so, how do you do that?  When I log on, it goes right to my next booked cruise. 

When I log in it shows me my ships I have bookings for, but at the bottom of the page it has 'get more information on ships we support'. When I click on that it shows the ships, then select the ship you want and it comes up with a list of sailing dates. 

I've gone into say one sailing now to see what activities and dining is available. Just to get out of it you need to go back to 'select a different sailing' in order to see your reservations

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SbbquilterUT said:

I have only been able to use it for cruises we are booked on.

They don't make it easy.    Click the Calendar and go all the way to bottom.   Click Check  Change Ship Dates.   This will show all your reservations.   Now go all the way to the bottom again and choose See Ships we Support -

From there choose a ship and a sailing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

One thing they don’t show is the time you dock and the time you leave the port, you might think that maybe important 🤔

but I do enjoy watching people run down the dock from the sunset bar 😁🍹

Eventually that will be shown for your sailing. It will be on the daily calendar. But you’re right it isn’t easy to find. Nothing about the app is intuitive or easy

20 hours ago, Vagabond Knight said:

How far in advance of the sailing does the calendar in the app update and show various reservations you've scheduled, or does that not happen until you're onboard?

I wouldn't count on seeing it until a week before your cruise.   You can see it using the Celebrity Website both on a PC and Smart Phone (via Web browser).

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 3:35 AM, Vagabond Knight said:

How far in advance of the sailing does the calendar in the app update and show various reservations you've scheduled, or does that not happen until you're onboard?

I have my booked excursions showing already. Our cruise is booked for 30/07/22.

EA316523-CEB5-4DC2-A969-2F9712E1540D.thumb.jpeg.4541423aa79cc42ff0f632b919bed7c9.jpeg

56405AAC-8C60-43B2-81A0-BCA7A2F12B7F.thumb.jpeg.7ca2c6a4220727e0d6d1dfcafe0a0079.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk

1 hour ago, Vagabond Knight said:

Thank you, @Jim_Iain.

I just checked my app and for my April 8, April 21and April 30 the excursions are all showing. 

I initially spotted them when I clicked on the Head Icon - right underneath the Check In (or Express Pass).     I then looked and they are also in the "My Calendar"  

Scratching my head -- were they always there and I didn't see them or did they just pop up.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Scratching my head -- were they always there and I didn't see them or did they just pop up.

Jim,

Mine have been on the App, ever since I booked them. I was pleased I found them, as I didn’t get an email confirming my bookings.

I booked them during the first week in December, when there was a 30% off Sale.

51 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Jim,

Mine have been on the App, ever since I booked them. I was pleased I found them, as I didn’t get an email confirming my bookings.

I booked them during the first week in December, when there was a 30% off Sale.

Good to know...   I swear I looked yesterday and couldn't find them.   But on the TransAtlantic there are only 3 ports  and may have just missed them..   I found I had to scroll down to the time using the Calandar but are also listed underneath the CheckIn or Sea Pass on the screen under the Head Icon