Would You Like Another News Channel Besides Cnn When On Board?

tuggers

I like to keep up with the main things that happen while I'm away but get tired of CNN. I don't think they do the best job of covering news. Was just wondering if anyone else would like it replaced with another channel and if so which one, or like to see a second news channel added.

I love BBC World News. That's my favorite. If not that, then either MSNBC (so I can watch Keith Olberman) or Comedy Central (doesn't "The Daily Show" and "The Colbert Report" count as news???). :)

The last time this question was asked it turned into a rather nasty political discussion, so let's not go there....:rolleyes:

Gotta give you credit, Tuggers. You sure do pose some interesting questions. News, what's that?? To be honest, I didn't even know we had CNN on shipboard. I usually set the TV on the GPS map to keep track of where we are. (Except when DW recorded the next day's activities with the Cruise Director last St Patrick's day.....we watched that all day the next day.);)

Rick

no news is good news. That's what cruising is all about. Getting away from the everyday humdrum and enjoying doing things you don't normally do. Joining activities if you like, or, just kicking back with a book or meeting friends for a cocktail.

If something earthshattering happens, I'm sure someone will find it out and it will spread throughout the ship like wildfire.

That's just MHO. Yes, objects in the mirror are closer than they appear. Now, if they would just stay off my bumper.

I will say that I am a CNN junkie. I watch a lot of CNN. I would like another choice other than CNN. I don't think Fox would be a good option because at times it is more like talk radio on TV rather than a news channel. As a second channel, I think MSNBC would fit the bill.

Now that I think about it, BBC World would probably be better than MSNBC as a scond choice. Given the number of non-American passengers on ships, BBC might be more widely appreciated than a second American news channel.

I ***hate*** having TV onboard. This is probably more of a sore spot for me than others because I work in TV, but I know in my heart I would want to get away from it all, REALLY, even if I did something else for a living. I won't let my husband turn on the cabin TV in my presence, but it's impossible to escape the screens when you're just walking around the ship -- even sitting in the forward observation lounge, which is where I found out about Hurricane Katrina while on Mercury last August.

I would love to get away from just about all communications technology on board. No TV, no computers, no cell phones, make it ALL GO AWAY!

I like to keep up with the main things that happen while I'm away but get tired of CNN. I don't think they do the best job of covering news. Was just wondering if anyone else would like it replaced with another channel and if so which one, or like to see a second news channel added.

Hi Gail !

Being that I am in the Finance Industry, It would be great to see a Financial channel such as CNBC or Bloomberg TV added to their lineup.

As for CNN, I am fine with that being the only news channel. However, I do wish that Celebrity would find a way to stick with the US version of CNN (especially when the ship is in the USA), and not CNN World.

On many sailings, the primary news channel is usually CNN World. If they want to keep CNN World, that's fine.... but why not add the US Version of CNN as well ?

Tuggers, I agree. We need more variety.

No one makes anyone watch the TV. If you don't like it don't turn the darn thing on. Some of us enjoy keeping up with the news. Every comment card I've submitted to Celebrity has asked for more variety in TV news coverage on board.

Hey, Andy! But what if we have another crash? There'd be standing room only to jump off the aft deck!:D

LOL! Good point Gail and I wouldn't want that as the aft area on Mercury and Galaxy are my favourite parts of the ship. "Just don't knock my drink off the table as you go":D

I've never really watched the TV on a cruise, especially last time. CNN is very samey (providing you can get a good reception). If they had BBC World I would probably dip in every so often, but it doesn't bother me that it's not there.

Phil

I think they pull CNN because they also pull CNN International, at least we had both on the Connie. Might come down the same feed.

Not sure there is a CNN International equiv out there.

CNN is good enough for me. Knowing what is going on in the world is good enough. I really don't care about the opionions of the network of the person delivering said news.

Ah, BBC would also be nice to have.

Archived