Crown and Anchor cabin discount

I’ve just booked a cruise out of Ravenna for next May and my travel agent advised that if I didn’t give my membership numbers then I would get $550 on board credit. If I used the numbers I would get a discount off the cruise price of £200 (around $260) but only get $50 OBC. That’s a couple of hundred dollars benefit. That leaves a dilemma as RCI are advising that we will not get our C+A benefits (particularly the 5 drinks voucher per day). I’ve been advised to take it up with the ‘on board reception’ and they’ll add it to my card. I’m not convinced and wondered if anyone has faced this before and what happened please? My wife and I are both diamond plus and have booked a grand suite. 

Thanks for any advice

We were looking to book Wonder of the Seas , but looking how  the price was indicated we did not book

C&A balcony discount  of £201 was shown
But the final  price was the same with discount  or not.

Example  1  no balcony discount
Cruise  price  guest 1  £931
                           guest 2 £931
Total price                      £1862

Example  2  balcony  discount
Cruise price guest 1  £ 1031
                        guest 2  £1031
C&A balcony  discount
                                         £201
Total price                    £1861

Because of this false information  of a £201 discount,  we decided not to book

15 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

I’ve just booked a cruise out of Ravenna for next May and my travel agent advised that if I didn’t give my membership numbers then I would get $550 on board credit. If I used the numbers I would get a discount off the cruise price of £200 (around $260) but only get $50 OBC. That’s a couple of hundred dollars benefit. That leaves a dilemma as RCI are advising that we will not get our C+A benefits (particularly the 5 drinks voucher per day). I’ve been advised to take it up with the ‘on board reception’ and they’ll add it to my card. I’m not convinced and wondered if anyone has faced this before and what happened please? My wife and I are both diamond plus and have booked a grand suite. 

Thanks for any advice

As far as I know, when on board you will be D+ and eligible for all of the onboard benefits.  Can you contact your local C&A desk. 

The crown and anchor discount is not combinable with the $550 off promo. For group rates you can get the discount but the balcony discount isnt combinable with the early booking obc for groups.

I think that's why its good to have a very good ta who can explain all the rules. Group rates are the best overall for me. 90% of the time. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

Thanks for any advice

Why can't they just add the C&A numbers to the reservation?  Would adding the numbers cause the reservation to be repriced?  Doesn't seem to make sense, you should be able to pick whatever rate you want, unless the rate you chose was for first time cruisers?????  

• Like 2

If you will use the full credit, I'd say book without the C&A number and then once locked in with your price and OBC, call back and add your C&A number to get the onboard benefits.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rewind said:

If you will use the full credit, I'd say book without the C&A number and then once locked in with your price and OBC, call back and add your C&A number to get the onboard benefits.

If your ta is competent shouldnt have to call back. 

• Like 1

My TA has told me that I’ll have to get my D+ membership by going to the customer services desk on board. If they do it now they will change the price and I’ll lose the $550 OBC but get the £200 discount. Seems crazy having to do that and then rely on the staff on board to change it. In that case my D+ status will not be printed on the card. I’m now in two minds to just go for the C&A discount rather than the on board credit. Clearly having the 5 drinks vouchers each day for myself and my wife are more valuable than the difference of $240. What a crock though

1 hour ago, Rewind said:

This ^^^^,  although the system is "usually" smart enough that even if you enter your C&A number it gives you the better deal.

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Why can't they just add the C&A numbers to the reservation?  Would adding the numbers cause the reservation to be repriced? 

Someone over on Matt's blog did actually report precisely this happening very recently. All he did was add his C&A numbers to his booking and the system added an extra $40. He did eventually manage to get it sorted but not without a lot of hassle.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

My TA has told me that I’ll have to get my D+ membership by going to the customer services desk on board.

Sorry but your TA is wrong.  I've added C&A numbers for clients before after a booking has been applied and it does not affect the price at all.

Sorry, just realized you are in the UK, so are probabaly using a different system than us in North America

Edited by Ourusualbeach

On 3/14/2022 at 5:00 PM, scottraveller said:

My TA has told me that I’ll have to get my D+ membership by going to the customer services desk on board. If they do it now they will change the price and I’ll lose the $550 OBC but get the £200 discount. Seems crazy having to do that and then rely on the staff on board to change it. In that case my D+ status will not be printed on the card. I’m now in two minds to just go for the C&A discount rather than the on board credit. Clearly having the 5 drinks vouchers each day for myself and my wife are more valuable than the difference of $240. What a crock though

They will reprint your card on the ship so it has the D+ designation. 

You're overthinking this / worrying for nothing.

Book the best rate you can, and then get your status added on when you're on the ship.  Enjoy your OBC *and* your five drinks per day.  

• Like 2