Are you supposed to see OBC from your TA in your cruise personalizer

kywildcatfanone

First cruise in 2+ years coming up and supposed to have OBC from my TA.  I don't see it in any of the documentation on the princess website, but I also don't remember seeing it on prior cruises, but it was on the account when we boarded.

But since I haven't cruised in a while, wanted to ask here.

Some travel agents to not pay their OBC to your account until just before you sail.  For these TAs, they are likely paying the OBC themselves.  If they pay the OBC then you cancel at the very last minute, the OBC is non-refundable.  So they wait until last minute to add it to your account.  Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Shareholder credit shows up but not the TA prior to sailing. I tried to book an excursion for my wife and i. They allowed me to use the shareholder credit for my excursion but wanted to charge me for my wife's excursion so I waited until we boarded to purchase them with no problem.

2 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Update:  Talked to my TA today and she confirmed that the money will be deposited the day before sailing.  Actually she didn't have us on the list, so I'm glad I called, but that is how is works for our TA.

Hmmm, not sure if your TA is not a trusting person or maybe a result of all the previous Covid issues?
Our TA always posts it in our booking documents the day we book and pay deposits. Maybe we are lucky, I don’t know? But, it’s always been that way for many years.

5 hours ago, AZjohn said:

Hmmm, not sure if your TA is not a trusting person or maybe a result of all the previous Covid issues?
Our TA always posts it in our booking documents the day we book and pay deposits. Maybe we are lucky, I don’t know? But, it’s always been that way for many years.

I had never seen the OBC from the TA in our personalizer for previous cruises, but the money was always in the account once we boarded.  Since they only do it a day prior to the cruise then I guess that makes sense, and I don't think I have ever logged into my princess account the day before a cruise.

She told me they have a list and put the OBC on the account the day prior to cruise because they want to make sure the cruise doesn't get cancelled or that you as the customer do not cancel.  She said it can be difficult for them to get the money back from the cruise line in that scenario.

Personally, I don't care if it's there only the day before as long as they add it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

She told me they have a list and put the OBC on the account the day prior to cruise because they want to make sure the cruise doesn't get cancelled or that you as the customer do not cancel.  She said it can be difficult for them to get the money back from the cruise line in that scenario.

That was what I meant when I said current covid issues😉

• 2 weeks later...