VERIFLY

susan1957

Hi Susan, you seem to be having rotten luck with the website. As you are more likely to get a range of replies from the Carnival board, post your query there as well if you haven't already done so. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Boarding in Vancouver on April 10. Have completed ArriveCan and Navigator and thought I would do VeriFly as well. In the checklist it says to upload proof of covid test 2 to 3 days before embarking but our antigen test is booked for one day prior as per regulations. Anyone know if there will be an issue with uploading results as soon as received?

4 hours ago, Suncruz said:

Boarding in Vancouver on April 10. Have completed ArriveCan and Navigator and thought I would do VeriFly as well. In the checklist it says to upload proof of covid test 2 to 3 days before embarking but our antigen test is booked for one day prior as per regulations. Anyone know if there will be an issue with uploading results as soon as received?

I would like to know this, too. 

Apparently the timeline is now 2 days for the antigen test.

45 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

Apparently the timeline is now 2 days for the antigen test.

Yes. See Pre-Embarkation Testing Requirements for Passengers in https://tc.canada.ca/en/marine-transportation/marine-safety/ship-safety-bulletins/measures-support-safe-cruise-travel-canada-ssb-no-18-2021-modified-april-1-2022

Cruising on Carnival Horizon this Sunday, and flying into FLL on Saturday. I was able to successfully upload my booking # and ON vaccine pdf to the VeriFLY app. I am taking my Antigen test at local SDM on Friday, that will both satisfy the US entry requirement test, and the cruise pre-boarding test. I will upload the results to the VeriFLY app (assuming negative 🙂 ) on Friday as well.

• Like 1

Viking requires Verifly so we dutifully filled it out. When we checked in we had to fill out a paper form similar to the verifly questions, write in all the vaccination dates and show our proof of vaccination hard copy. There was no mention of Verifly. Also don't forget your laboratory negative covid tests.

So we just gave our confidential documents like passport numbers to a 3rd party contractor for no apparent reason. 

Oh well done now we're at sea. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

Is Verifly a separate app than the ArriveCan app?  If I embark a cruise ship in the UK, and disembark in the US..do I need to use the Verifly ?  I know I need the ArriveCan to re-enter Canada.  TYIA 😊

Yes. ArriveCAN is a GOC app/online program. All cruise passengers entering Canada must complete the submission process.

Verify is a operated by Daon Inc. and only used by some cruise lines. I believe it is used to collect information prior to boarding.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

Is Verifly a separate app than the ArriveCan app?  If I embark a cruise ship in the UK, and disembark in the US..do I need to use the Verifly ?  I know I need the ArriveCan to re-enter Canada.  TYIA 😊

Yes, it's a separate app and is not required to re-enter Canada. The idea behind the app is to allow you to enter your travel details, as well as your vaccination, test and other pertinent information and it will determine whether you meet the most up to date requirements to enter a country.

The company's website is here: https://myverifly.com/#/home. There are also a number of videos on YouTube explaining how to use it. This one is short but informative:

I believe that Carnival and Viking are the only cruiselines using Verifly currently, but it sounds like a worthwhile app for anyone travelling who isn't sure of the ever-changing entry requirements of countries they plan to visit.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 1

Thank you Broberts and Fouremco for your information. I hadn’t heard of Verifly, but a video should help in case I need it. I don’t cruise until November and am hoping most of this ‘documentation’ and testing goes away…except for ArriveCan because it replaces the cards.   😊

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

hoping most of this ‘documentation’ and testing goes away…except for ArriveCan because it replaces the cards.   😊

ArriveCan does not replace the cards. I just got off a cruise on Saturday and we had to do the card as well as ArriveCan. 

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

ArriveCan does not replace the cards. I just got off a cruise on Saturday and we had to do the card as well as ArriveCan. 

That’s news. I was told by some ‘experts’ on here that ArriveCan was replacing those cards.  Nexus, ArriveCan,  Covid tests, cardboard cards….our travels will be well documented…..thanks for the update!

24 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

That’s news. I was told by some ‘experts’ on here that ArriveCan was replacing those cards.  Nexus, ArriveCan,  Covid tests, cardboard cards….our travels will be well documented…..thanks for the update!

I think that was just a bit of wishful thinking on someone's part, that ArriveCAN could morph into a single travel app that would incorporate all the documentation required to enter countries.

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

I think that was just a bit of wishful thinking on someone's part, that ArriveCAN could morph into a single travel app that would incorporate all the documentation required to enter countries.

It would be nice if ArriveCan could ask all the questions that the cards ask, but Government is known for duplication of information and effort, not that I’m complaining…there are worse places to live. 😊

• Like 1