Specialty Restaurant Packages

ROYALBOY

21 minutes ago, ROYALBOY said:

Do these generally go on sale closer to sailing, or is it just good to book a package (5) nights?

I just booked a 3 night dining package, $137/pp, so $45/pp per night, which is $10 less than booking each specialty restaurant individually.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I just booked a 3 night dining package, $137/pp, so $45/pp per night, which is $10 less than booking each specialty restaurant individually.

That is the normal price for the 3 night package on E class ships.  I understood the OP to be asking that price is ever discounted.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ROYALBOY said:

Do these generally go on sale closer to sailing, or is it just good to book a package (5) nights?

The packages MAY go on sale depending on the cruise.  On our last couple of cruises on Equinox , there were two packages for sale.  There was a 2 Specialty Restaurant dinner and 1 lunch sale for $99.  Then there was the 3 Specialty Restaurant dinner for $108.   Both were good prices.  On our last cruise on Apex,  there were no sales, even on the first night. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

We sail on the Reflection and they are only offering packages starting with a five night.  I would prefer a 3 night.  Does anyone have any experience with that?  Is it only offered onboard?

The packages in the Cruise planner start at 3 nights, if you are not seeing 3 or 4 night packages it indicates those are sold out.

I notice that the maximum dining packages have changed. Now you can only purchase a 9 night package on a 10 night cruise and a 10night package on a 11 night cruise.  You could always book the maximum nights, don't understand why the change?

Does everyone think this package is worth it? I was doing some numbers for our upcoming Equinox cruise...

The 3 night package is $129/guest, so $258 for the two of us.

Tuscan Grill is $45pp, or $90 total.

First Night Murano is $35pp, or $70 total.

That totals $160.

Our third dinner would be at Sushi on Five. For those who have been before, would we spend more than $100 on dinner there? If so, the package makes sense. If not, then we could just purchase meals individually and it would be cheaper.

Any input is appreciated!

10 hours ago, zackarykeef said:

Does everyone think this package is worth it? I was doing some numbers for our upcoming Equinox cruise...

The 3 night package is $129/guest, so $258 for the two of us.

Tuscan Grill is $45pp, or $90 total.

First Night Murano is $35pp, or $70 total.

That totals $160.

Our third dinner would be at Sushi on Five. For those who have been before, would we spend more than $100 on dinner there? If so, the package makes sense. If not, then we could just purchase meals individually and it would be cheaper.

Any input is appreciated!

What they have done for us in the past - specific to Sushi on 5 - was allow a $35 credit per person for using the dining package. So in the case you present here, it may be more worthwhile to book separately and then pay Sushi on 5 a la carte.

If you went with La Petite Chef the package would make sense or if you wanted to dine in Murano a second time rather than doing Sushi on 5.