Coco cay questions

Heading out on mariner in a few weeks. This will be our first visit to Coco cay. My husband and son will likely spend a good part of the day at the water park. I didn't buy a pass for myself so I will likely find a spot to read and soak up the sun. Which complimentary beach is best for quiet and relaxation? Also, do we need to bring towels from the ship or do they have them on the island? 

24 minutes ago, Kelli0927 said:

Heading out on mariner in a few weeks. This will be our first visit to Coco cay. My husband and son will likely spend a good part of the day at the water park. I didn't buy a pass for myself so I will likely find a spot to read and soak up the sun. Which complimentary beach is best for quiet and relaxation? Also, do we need to bring towels from the ship or do they have them on the island? 

So many quiet areas if you look for them. We brought towels from the ship and exchange them if needed on the island.

Agree...so many choices...all perfect for relaxing, soaking some sun, and reading.

As you enter Coco Cay, walk left and go over the bridge...beaches to right and left. The farther you walk, the quieter it gets.

The Oasis Lagoon (largest fresh water pool in the Caribbean) is where the "lively" passengers go...swim-up bar and DJ playing loud "you want to dance" music.

Photos of CocoCay starting on post #192 below and sprinkled over the next page post 199+). 

We head to Chill Island. Take a left turn as you enter and go over the bridge. There is a bar there for drinks and one of the main buffet lunch places. We

have been to CocoCay 4 times since restart. 

Edited by BirdTravels

Last week our room attendant left beach/pool towels in our cabin the evening before Coco Cay.  We expected some sort of towel drop off on the pier next to the ship when we returned, but there wasn't one that we could find.  Not one inside, either.  We never saw a towel drop on Coco Cay or even a towel swap, but we didn't go looking for one either.  We had to carry the sandy wet towels up to the pool deck to drop them off.

Just go left. If you want to swim in the ocean, keep going to the last beach. If you just want to relax on your lounge chair, go left and then straight to the area facing the ship with the rocky edge. That's probably the quietest place. Bring some towel clips to save your spot if you are meeting your family for lunch. There are at least two towel stations on the island, you can take from the ship and then exchange/return to the towel stations, very convenient.