Will Celebrity Cancel Solstice Asia Season 2022???? Have concerns

cruiseerf

19 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Thank you for posting this information.  This will be our 3rd Lift & Shift from what was originally the Dec 20, 2020 14 night Millennium.

Yep.  Us too.

Harris

Denver, CO

24 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

If they use the same language as last time it will be that you can Lift and Shift to a 2023/24 sailing within four weeks of your originally scheduled departure.

Yes, that's what it's going to be this time too.

Harris

Denver, CO

6 minutes ago, omeinv said:

Yes, that's what it's going to be this time too.

Harris

Denver, CO

That is not what the email that was posted stated.  It said image.png.8370e260b5caab3558891d04305183df.png

Probably because these are limited sailings and there are none that would be available for the same area of the world.  I assume the other L&S was for Caribbean sailings which are much easier to rebook.

• Like 1

We were scheduled to be on the 10/26 Best of Southern Japan cruise which was covered by FCC from two canceled cruises.  The website shows only 2023/2024 cruises for Japan on the Millenium, even though I still have the Solstice cruise listed as upcoming.
And it looks like prices have gone up. I think I have a headache coming on.

• Like 1

Just now, soccermommy said:

We were scheduled to be on the 10/26 Best of Southern Japan cruise which was covered by FCC from two canceled cruises.  The website shows only 2023/2024 cruises for Japan on the Millenium, even though I still have the Solstice cruise listed as upcoming.
And it looks like prices have gone up. I think I have a headache coming on.

No if you look at the post with the email you will be able to rebook with Lift & Shift and keep your current promotions and I believe rates.  Only issue is the only ship is Millennium.  

19 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

No if you look at the post with the email you will be able to rebook with Lift & Shift and keep your current promotions and I believe rates.  Only issue is the only ship is Millennium.  

Thanks! My TA hasn’t got the notice yet, but will be checking tomorrow. Looks like the equivalent cruise will be on 10/24/23. I prefer S class, but I can certainly enjoy the Millenium.
It just seems like deja vu all over again!  

• Like 1

Well, our 7 cabins are moved from April 9, 2023 on Solstice to April 9, 2024 on Millennium.  Less than 2 hours to get everyone moved, didn't seem too bad. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

My TA just called and asked if I had looked at my email. Nov 5, 2022 cruise on Millie will on be Solstice. We also have a TP for April 2023 that is canceled. 

Big Ben Boys,

Are you referring to the Sydney to Hawaii transpacific April 22, 2023? If, so how did you learn that the April TP was cancelled? 

We are booked on that TP as well as the Southern Japan on Oct.26, 2022.  YIKES! 

Thank you, 

Pat 

If they use the same lift and shift rules, the lift and shift will Directly conflict with the Edge Grande Journey in 2023 from Athens-Sydney......Many people on the Japan cruises are also booked on this, I know at least 10 people.   Celebrity does not offer too many Unique trips outside of the Galapagos.....Both Japan and The Grande Voyage ARE these unique trips..... This is just meh.   I hope Celebrity steps up to the plate.  

I just contacted my TA in the U.K. He has had no info from Celebrity and says my booking is still live. However, reading this I’m expecting a call back in the next couple of days to say our cruise is a bust.

Very disappointing, we were arriving early to visit family so maybe we will just go with wherever the ship goes!

Hope everyone else can work out alternative plans.

8 hours ago, insley said:

Big Ben Boys,

Are you referring to the Sydney to Hawaii transpacific April 22, 2023? If, so how did you learn that the April TP was cancelled? 

We are booked on that TP as well as the Southern Japan on Oct.26, 2022.  YIKES! 

Thank you, 

Pat 

No, It is the 21 Apr 2023 on Solstice. Japan to Vancouver.

2 hours ago, Kristal Blade said:

I just contacted my TA in the U.K. He has had no info from Celebrity and says my booking is still live. However, reading this I’m expecting a call back in the next couple of days to say our cruise is a bust.

Very disappointing, we were arriving early to visit family so maybe we will just go with wherever the ship goes!

Hope everyone else can work out alternative plans.

My TA hasn't heard anything either so we'll just have to  wait and see what options are offered. According to post 19 the ship is being relocated to the Mexican Riviera.

Edited by Tipsy tea party

I just received my official email notification form letter an hour ago.  At least they are giving us a full month to Lift and Shift.  Last time we were given only 7 days.  We will probably transfer over to the 2023 Holiday cruise which means we will pick up a free extra night.

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We are contacting you to provide an update on the status of your 2022/23 cruise vacation. Due to the ongoing uncertainty regarding the restart of international operations in the Asia region, we have made the difficult decision to cancel our Celebrity Solstice sailings in this part of the world and will be relocating the ship to the Mexican Riviera. As a result, we will be canceling all Celebrity Solstice Asia sailings currently scheduled to depart September 16, 2022 through April 21, 2023.

At this time, we would like to offer you the choice of being re-accommodated on another Celebrity Cruises vacation or receiving a 100% Refund.  From now through May 12, you have the option to Lift and Shift your existing cruise vacation plans in Asia to a specified 2023/24 Celebrity Solstice or Celebrity Millennium Asia sailing.  Please contact us or your travel agent for alternate sailing options and your reservation will be shifted including any promotion you currently have on the booking. 

If you are unable to rebook by May 12, you will automatically receive a 100% refund to your original method of payment.  You can expect to receive a refund within at least 30 days after cancellation. Cruise taxes and fees would be refunded separately.  Please note, any reservations paid with a Future Cruise Credit will not be eligible for a cash refund, however, your Future Cruise Credit will be reinstated. No action is required on your part to receive this refund.

If you have pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruise Planner, you will be refunded in full to your original method of payment.  Guests with air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically.  You will not need to call in to initiate the process.  Guests with independent excursions or air arrangements need to contact their tour operators and air carriers directly to make all required cancellations.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to work through these unique circumstances. We regret the impact to your vacation and hope that you will continue to explore the world with us. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for an amazing Celebrity Cruises vacation.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

Wait, so the April 21 2023 trans Pacific out of Tokyo is still on?  That can’t be right?

And if it is really gone, then what are we supposed to do for an equivalent cruise since the 2024 schedule isn’t out?

or are we just “ attached to another object by an inclined plane wrapped helically inclined around an axis” ???

Edited by cruisestitch

5 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Wait, so the April 21 2023 trans Pacific out of Tokyo is still on?  That can’t be right?

And if it is really gone, then what are we supposed to do for an equivalent cruise since the 2024 schedule isn’t out?

or are we just “ attached to another object by an inclined plane wrapped helically inclined around an axis” ???

I think it is the helical object with a right hand rule twist.

2 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Here is the email via our TA. We changed to Summit out of NJ 25 May 2023.

Dear Valued Travel Partner,

We are contacting you to provide an update on the status of your client's 2022/23 cruise vacation. Due to the ongoing uncertainty regarding the restart of international operations in the Asia region, we have made the difficult decision to cancel our Celebrity Solstice sailings in this part of the world and will be relocating the ship to the Mexican Riviera. As a result, we will be canceling all Celebrity Solstice Asia sailings currently scheduled to depart September 16, 2022 through April 21, 2023.

At this time, we would like to offer your clients the choice of being re-accommodated on another Celebrity Cruises vacation or receiving a 100% Refund. For your convenience, here is a summary of compensation options:

From now through May 12, your clients have the option to Lift and Shift their existing cruise vacation plans in Asia to a specified 2023/24 Celebrity Solstice or Celebrity Millennium Asia sailing. If your clients are unable to rebook by May 12, they will automatically receive a 100% refund to their original method of payment. Refunds will be received at least 30 days after cancellation. Cruise taxes and fees would be refunded separately. Please note, any reservations paid with a Future Cruise Credit will not be eligible for a cash refund, however, your client's Future Cruise Credit will be reinstated. No action is required on your part to receive this refund.

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

the email says sailnigs through APRIL 21, 2023.  So that seems to be canceled.

50 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Were you offered any price protection with you Life & Shift or was it just a transfer? 

It was price protection.  However, today they just transferred the cruise over at the current pricing.  Then it goes to a special department that approves the price protection, which can take up to 10 days.  The rep said it was basically a rubber stamp approval, but it does have to go through that step and they’re very busy in that department.

19 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

It was price protection.  However, today they just transferred the cruise over at the current pricing.  Then it goes to a special department that approves the price protection, which can take up to 10 days.  The rep said it was basically a rubber stamp approval, but it does have to go through that step and they’re very busy in that department.

Thanks....now to find out what cruise(s) qualify. 

Do not hang back to rebokk a lift and shift. Last time, by the time I call back having spoken to my husband, all our category was sold out and we had to bring it forward to the sailying before, which wasn't our preferred trip. Now cancelled again, we are already booked for South America April 2024, so will be taking a refund.