Voyager to hades.

TomTN

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

What does rssc.com/voyage-health say about masking on your cruise?

We embark Mariner in less than 2 weeks and we are still waiting for the voyage health requirements to be posted to rssc.com or be emailed to us.  Not sure what the delay is?

We will be the first Regent ship to enter Canadian waters so we are curious as to whether there will be any additional health requirements such as masking or testing for Canadian ports.  Either way it won’t bother us, but regardless, we would like to know well in advance.  

We decided to brave one more trip to the Compass Rose instead of eating in our cabin.  Glad we did.  Service was great, my dinner was really good and we were addressed by name.  I do think the food on Crystal was better, but look how that cruise line ended up…I think they are really trying hard to please here and I am a happy gal this evening. We did get additional reservations in Prime 7 which I look forward to. I will reserve final judgement until April 5th.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, JK B said:

Especially the N95 masks they make us wear.  Very hard to breathe.

I can understand that masks may be required subject to local regulation, that is specified on the Regent web site.  But this is the first that I have heard that N95 masks may be required,  and this might well be a deal breaker for me.

Were the people on this cruise informed of this prior to the cruise?

31 minutes ago, boblerm said:

I can understand that masks may be required subject to local regulation, that is specified on the Regent web site.  But this is the first that I have heard that N95 masks may be required,  and this might well be a deal breaker for me.

Do you think anyone is going to check the mask you are wearing while onboard?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pcardad said:

Do you think anyone is going to check the mask you are wearing while onboard?

Probably not. But it is disappointing to find that masking requirements in Europe are stricter than in the USA waters. The Euros are dropping covid restrictions all over. Why are cruise ships still being treated differently from on-land venues?

2 hours ago, JK B said:

We decided to brave one more trip to the Compass Rose instead of eating in our cabin.  Glad we did.  Service was great, my dinner was really good and we were addressed by name.  I do think the food on Crystal was better, but look how that cruise line ended up…I think they are really trying hard to please here and I am a happy gal this evening. We did get additional reservations in Prime 7 which I look forward to. I will reserve final judgement until April 5th.

I am pleased for you but I had to send back cold and undercooked meat this evening.    
However my biggest concern is that no senior waiter or maitre’d bothered to come over at the time, when I got a replacement (30mins later) or at the end of the meal to apologise or check it was ok.  What does that say about their concern for the client experience

i will be back in the GMs office again tomorrow (it’s not the only issue from today)

Edited by snh01

33 minutes ago, boblerm said:

We were informed on 4th March for our upcoming cruise on Voyager 5th April of all the requirements needed for the trip, while face coverings are to be worn indoors (unless actively eating or drinking) there was no mention of them having to be N95 grade.

3 hours ago, Sunprince said:

We embark Mariner in less than 2 weeks and we are still waiting for the voyage health requirements to be posted to rssc.com or be emailed to us.  Not sure what the delay is?

We will be the first Regent ship to enter Canadian waters so we are curious as to whether there will be any additional health requirements such as masking or testing for Canadian ports.  Either way it won’t bother us, but regardless, we would like to know well in advance.  

It all depends of the mask mandate has been lifted in B.C. as it has in Ontario. You should be able to google that.

9 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Pretty simply to ask the GM for a piece of paper and write your comment in front of him...and ask for a copy after they stamp it rec'd. That would make your point.

I put it in writing and have met with him but my point is that Reception don’t even know how to deal with an unhappy client nor seemed to care

Edited by snh01

3 minutes ago, snh01 said:

I put it in writing and have met with him but my point is that Reception don’t even know how to deal with an unhappy client nor seemed to care

Many new crew after being shutdown for so long - give them a week or two and the bugs will be sorted. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2022 at 5:01 PM, snh01 said:

UPDATE

I made comments earlier about quality of the experience .

Our issues have been acknowledged - after meeting with GM and F&B executive.

Clearly there are challenges but they are aware and on the case

I regret that my confidence in the improvement has been misplaced.  Yes, some things have improved but many have not and some new ones have appeared. 

On 3/28/2022 at 9:27 PM, Dolebludger said:

Our TA has advised us to avoid taking the initial voyage if a new ship because (he says) those voyages are problem prone. I suppose that a voyage on an existing ship that has been laid up for two years would be subject to many of the problems of a maiden voyage.I hope to hear more from the OP as this cruise progresses.

This might be wise but, when booked,Voyager was restarting on 15 February so this cruise would be 6 weeks later.    
Also these cruises were cancelled after final payment for this one so only alternative to cancel and lose the fare or switch to a much more expensive date.

I have travelled another cruise line’s first week back cruise last year and they were exceptionally well prepared and happy to see passengers back - it can be done well. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Many new crew after being shutdown for so long - give them a week or two and the bugs will be sorted. 

That’s fine but I won’t be here in 2 weeks - we paid for this week !

I travelled on another line’s first cruise after 2 years a few months ago and they were exceptionally well prepared - it can be done.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, snh01 said:

That’s fine but I won’t be here in 2 weeks - we paid for this week !

I travelled on another line’s first cruise after 2 years a few months ago and they were exceptionally well prepared - it can be done.

I am sorry your trip is not what you expected. Perhaps directing this energy to the GM would yield better results than posting it here...at least Regent will know about your feelings then.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I am sorry your trip is not what you expected. Perhaps directing this energy to the GM would yield better results than posting it here...at least Regent will know about your feelings then.

I think from snh01 previous posts that he/she have indeed spoken and written to the GM. Surely it is not what you want to have do when on your holidays.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, seasickphil said:

I think from snh01 previous posts that he/she have indeed spoken and written to the GM. Surely it is not what you want to have do when on your holidays.

Of course it is not...but it is FAR more effective to report issues to a 4 stripper on the ship you are on then to post on this forum which MIGHT be monitored by an entry level staffer.

Either way, I would help him/her if I could...but this is about all I can suggest. I'm sorry.

41 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Perhaps directing this energy to the GM would yield better results than posting it here...at least Regent will know about your feelings then.

I’m glad that this information is posted on CC.
Everyone, pls continue to post your experiences! I am listening!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CJANDH said:

Probably not. But it is disappointing to find that masking requirements in Europe are stricter than in the USA waters. The Euros are dropping covid restrictions all over. Why are cruise ships still being treated differently from on-land venues?

Various European countries are changing and dropping some restrictions but masking requirements in places like Italy are still around and will be so even after 1April in indoor settings. So the rules are not pertaining only to cruise ships.

https://www.italia.it/en/covid19

I know I have been checking because I have a Med cruise booked in July. I am not too worried as where I live we currently have to wear masks indoors just we aren't as strict re N95 masks. 

8 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Of course it is not...but it is FAR more effective to report issues to a 4 stripper on the ship you are on then to post on this forum which MIGHT be monitored by an entry level staffer.

Either way, I would help him/her if I could...but this is about all I can suggest. I'm sorry.

I expect that as the complaints have not been corrected/answered then they feel the need to vent their anger on here.

9 hours ago, JK B said:

This is our first cruise with Regent (previous cruises on Crystal).  We are having the same issues everyone is complaining about in every restaurant except our first night at Prime7.  1 hour wait for our friend’s hamburger in Compass Rose this afternoon, and last night at Sette Mare was painfully slow with customers all around us complaining to the staff.  On a positive note, we have ordered breakfast in our room every morning and it has been excellent and on time.  We are planning on eating dinner in our room tonight just to avoid the hassle.  Certainly not the “Luxury” cruise we paid for. We have had several maintenance issues which were resolved after 2 days and no fault of our butler, as he requested repairs when we boarded on Saturday.  I will say that I am grateful that we are able to go ashore independently, but not happy about the mask mandates on the ship…Especially the N95 masks they make us wear.  Very hard to breathe.

I will just take a deep breath (without my mask) and hope for a few less problems for the remainder of our voyage. 

Woa! You’re forced to wear N95 masks on the ship?? Why?? Is this mandated by Regent or the country where you are cruising to?

2 hours ago, CJANDH said:

Did the Voyager leave from Italy? I know Italy is being really a pain about masks

4 hours ago, Gpilon said:

Cruise should have been ready from day 1. If Regent want to charge “Luxury” prices….they need to provide a “Luxury” experience. From, Day one.

I don't know if Voyager had a 'shakedown' cruise prior to bringing paid guests aboard. 

I know Mariner and I believe Explorer & Splendor brought aboard a contingent of complementary passengers for a 2-3 night cruise prior to the official start.   

Those cruises afford the opportunities to connect the dots and identify the holes.   Sounds like it was "Ready', "Set", - 'Fumble!' onboard.   Keep the Faith.   This too shall pass...