Bad At-Home Tests

7 minutes ago, drewdrewcruiser said:

I've read it's a good idea to order additional tests because some kits have things missing or some other thing wrong with them.  Are you able to get refunded for these bad kits from eMed or Optum?

Yes 

the proctor will make note that you had a defective test and emed will send you a replacement 

I’ve never dealt with Optum 

• Thanks 1

We needed to test four of us. I ordered a six pack of tests from eMed. The first test we took showed an error (blue line instead of pink). Instead of shipping us one replacement test, they shipped us another six pack. That was a surprise! Now we have enough for our next cruise.

I am a firm believer in having a back up plan. For our December cruise, the eMed site was down for 8 hours on our test day. We drove an hour each way to our backup appointments at CVS. For our March cruise, we had a surprise snowstorm and our CVS tests were canceled. We used eMed instead.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

what constitutes a bad test kit that the proctor can tell it's bad? 

Things like something in the kit is missing when you open the box (in front of the camera) or as the person above you said, the test gave a bad result with the lines not showing up like they should--so inconclusive and therefore a second test needed to be done.  Various family members of mine have experience both of these situations and thankfully had back up tests.  And yes, emed shipped out replacements to use at a later date.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cyntil8ing said:

I am a firm believer in having a back up plan. For our December cruise, the eMed site was down for 8 hours on our test day. We drove an hour each way to our backup appointments at CVS. For our March cruise, we had a surprise snowstorm and our CVS tests were canceled. We used eMed instead.

Agree, when Tests were getting hard to find and places running out I had Backup Plans 2, 3 and 4. Along with traveling in Winter a must

I wish they would stop with the testing. Just because you’re negative at the time you take the test doesn’t mean you won’t get infected by the time you show up for the cruise.

• Like 1

We had a bad test.  Was on line with the proctor and was asked to open the little bottle of liquid.  It was dry!  I couldn't take the test.  We decided because of the flight cancellation then this to cancel the cruise.  Yes, we did get a new test- but that didn't help!  Too late.  We could have booked a test site in Florida- but we were not happy and decided to postpone our sailing as covid was on the rise again!