Has Afternoon tea in the Oceanview Cafe been discontinued?

red919

On previous Celebrity cruises, I'd always enjoyed the scones, finger sandwiches and other "afternoon tea" goodies previously offered in the Oceanview Cafe.  It became part of my afternoon ritual and something I looked forward to each day.  That was on solstice class cruises prior to the pandemic.

I've just returned from my first Celebrity cruise since the pandemic which happened to be on the Edge and there was no afternoon tea at all in the Oceanview Cafe.  Instead, it had changed to "afternoon snacks" so no scones, no cream, no wonderful finger sandwiches...   

I understand there was a wonderful afternoon tea served daily in the Edge Retreat Lounge but as I was not is a suite, this was not available to me.  

My question is this....has afternoon tea in the Oceanview Cafe been canceled fleetwide or is it only unavailable on Edge class ships? 

Edited by red919

I've sailed on both Edge and Reflection since the cruise re-start; there was no afternoon tea on either cruise.   If I need an afternoon snack (and who doesn't), a trip to Cafe Al Bacio does the trick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

I've sailed on both Edge and Reflection since the cruise re-start; there was no afternoon tea on either cruise.   If I need an afternoon snack (and who doesn't), a trip to Cafe Al Bacio does the trick.

Thanks for your reply.  I agree, Cafe Al Bacio has some lovely offerings for which I often partake but I do miss my beloved scones and cream.

Speaking of Cafe Al Bacio, one other thing different on Edge is my beloved chocolate croissants, past favorites for breakfast, were missing, only to be found across the way at the French pastry counter for a FEE.  What's up with that?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, red919 said:

Speaking of Cafe Al Bacio, one other thing different on Edge is my beloved chocolate croissants, past favorites for breakfast, were missing, only to be found across the way at the French pastry counter for a FEE.  What's up with that?

They now have a French bistro, so they can. Revenue rules!

• Like 1

Just now, MarKay525 said:

They now have a French bistro, so they can. Revenue rules!

☹️  I miss the good ol' days when such things were included

and wish Bistro on 5 was still around. 

The Cowboy crepe followed by a Spanish for dessert remains my favorite boarding day lunch ever! ☺️

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kabmab said:

We had chocolate croissants for breakfast at OVC last week on Edge.

Glad to hear they are available up there and assume they did not come with a fee...

Still missed having them at Cafe Al Bacio as I find that area much for relaxing for breakfast.  Love the chairs and ambiance there.  Guess I could always get them up on OVC and bring them down to Cafe Al Bacio.  Oh the lengths we'll go to enjoy our favorite pastries...LOL

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, blueboro said:

We had the afternoon tea / snacks on Constellation a couple of weeks ago...not every day but I believe on sea days IIRC.  So it may depend on the ship.

Good to hear...hopefully this will be the case on my next cruise as well.

Thanks!

WE HAD THE AFTERNOON TA-SCONES, CUCUMBER,SANDWICHES ETC on the Millenium on sea days at 4pm.   I miss the time it was in the dining room with service, but at last they had this.  You have to read your daily very well to find these kind of things!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, misterkevin said:

Something like that is available self service afternoon at a buffet both in the Retreat Lounge and Oceanview. It's not the same as table service with tea and finger sandwiches, but the scones and clotted cream were there. 

You're right...normally it is served in both but unfortunately, not in the Oceanview on my recent Edge cruise which is why I posted.

55 minutes ago, Redokie said:

WE HAD THE AFTERNOON TA-SCONES, CUCUMBER,SANDWICHES ETC on the Millenium on sea days at 4pm.   I miss the time it was in the dining room with service, but at last they had this.  You have to read your daily very well to find these kind of things!

Glad this was available on your cruise.  In fact, I'm a bit jealous.  I do love those scones.

And I miss having it in the dining room with service, too!

41 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Afternoon tea was there on Reflection in February (Oceanview Cafe)

Good to hear.  Thanks!

Edited by red919

1 hour ago, Redokie said:

It’s highlighted in the daily planner?  We’re going on Millenium in August (fingers crossed) and we’d love to indulge 😀

Edited by abritinva