Refusal to board.

Yorkypete

Hi quick questions. If you are on a coach to the terminal and someone proves positive a) are you still allowed to board and b) if not how do you get back home as the coaches leave straight away. We are due from Leeds on May 14th. The travel insurance does not cover this if you are not positive.

That seems a little harsh as it is no fault of your own. It does not endear me to cruising as , due to the fact that the virus is now at its highest rate since the pandemic began the chances of someone on the coach having covid is highly likely. It is certainly going to be on the ship.

Just had this reply from P&O on Twitter

Hi there, I have sent you a DM as I am unable to fit all the information regarding a guest testing positive on a coach in a tweet. Covid protocols, including mask wearing need to be adhered to on coach transport to the ship, failure to do this may result in denied boarding if someone on the coach has tested positive prior to embarkation. Coach companies are now providing us with seating plans, we will be utilising the seating plan when a guest has a positive result, and a decision will be made based as to whether any close contacts need to be identified. I hope that helps but any other questions please let us know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

Still p&O haven't said if they will be responsible for getting you home

It isnt their responsibility to get you home like it is not their responsibility how you get to the ship.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

It isnt their responsibility to get you home like it is not their responsibility how you get to the ship.

Even if it is a fly-cruise with flights as part of the package sold by P&O?  

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Others  like Saga take on the responsibility,  remember they are turning away people who test negative, coming on transport they booked via P&O

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

Others  like Saga take on the responsibility,  remember they are turning away people who test negative, coming on transport they booked via P&O

But the majority of Saga pax arrive at the port via private car transfer provided by Saga as part of the cruise package...

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 7:14 AM, Triggertravel said:

I Thought I’d share this tweet from my wife to p&o with there response regarding the coach travel protocol if somebody tests positive on arrival by coach to the port of Southampton 3938BAE9-0821-436C-88ED-9987E1BD034B.thumb.jpeg.04b35456e98b45eab15d273f4be076f0.jpeg

I found this from last September which is quite interesting.

25 minutes ago, Britboys said:

But the majority of Saga pax arrive at the port via private car transfer provided by Saga as part of the cruise package...

Over 100/150 miles you have to share with other passengers, so you could be caught out if one of the other passengers tests positive.

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Over 100/150 miles you have to share with other passengers, so you could be caught out if one of the other passengers tests positive.

But during the pandemic, they have provided everyone with a private car - there was no car-sharing. Not sure if they have yet changed this yet.

1 hour ago, ElmaLee said:

Even if it is a fly-cruise with flights as part of the package sold by P&O?  

That's why you're tested at the airport before your flight and are asked to provide a negative test prior to travelling there. 

If a test was required before arrival at your final port and you are positive the EU regulations state you are the cruise lines responsibility. However no test is currently required to enter thecUK so the only way you would have a problem would be if you are still quarantined before disembarkation after falling ill onboard. F that happened you most likely would have to go to quarantine ashore until testing negative as you would not be accepted by the airline. In those circumstances if your insurance will not pay P&O state they will assist and get you home however insurance policies should cover you if you have had a confirmed positive PCR test onboard.

Edited by Megabear2