Vaccine attestation "REQUIRED" within 48 hours of email?

TrinaLC

What?  We have made reservations including for 6 others and I am in the process of gathering information - and we all get emails saying we must complete the vaccine attestation within 48 hours!  And the cruise is not until late May - over 1-1/2 months away!

So "or what" happens in 48 hours?  They cancel our resies?  I even have one pax who has not yet had their second, but will be getting it in the next week.

These emails are just reminders and yes they should be worded differently.  I freaked out when I got mine and called and stayed on hold for almost 2 hours for them to say if my Vaccination Survey is marked out and it says completed for each passenger than everything was done correctly.  I got the same email for several days and finally they stopped.  Yes my cruise is still booked and good to go. Many people on here have received the same emails.  Nothing to worry about as long as you have completed the survey.

I received the same email, which states your reservation 'may be subject to cancellation' if you don't comply within 48 hours by 'attesting' or downloading an app to upload your proof of vax status. It's simple to go into your cruise booking manager and attest...which is what I did WHILE booking our May cruise. They take vax status seriously...why roll the dice? 

3 minutes ago, ScottSails said:

I received the same email, which states your reservation 'may be subject to cancellation' if you don't comply within 48 hours by 'attesting' or downloading an app to upload your proof of vax status. It's simple to go into your cruise booking manager and attest...which is what I did WHILE booking our May cruise. They take vax status seriously...why roll the dice? 

Our cruise isn't for 1-1/2 months!   

I had not planned on spending my weekend gathering information from 8 people and uploading it.  (I am the organizer and handling all the "paper work".)

It is absurd that an email like that would got out months before a cruise!

In theory, somebody might not even yet be vaccinated but still have plenty of time to get the J&J (or whichever is the one shot dose!)

So seriously, will they cancel a cruise a month and a half out if I don't spend hours over this weekend tracking down everyone's information?!!

I didn't upload anything for any of my party.  When I booked our cruise a couple of weeks ago I went completed the vaccination survey.  This is the Vaccine Attestation.  You won't upload any documents until closer, or at least for my May cruise it will not let me even upload my vaccine card.

Below is the vaccine attestation that they are talking about not uploading any documents.  There is a drop down on which you select if you are or are not fully vaccinated.

Are you, or will you be fully vaccinated with a WHO or FDA authorized COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before boarding? (Fully vaccinated is you received the final dose of a vaccine series at least 14 days before embarkation.)

I hereby attest and represent that the answers contained in this health declaration are true, correct, and complete. I understand my responses may be reported to public health authorities and medical personnel on the ship or ashore. I agree and fully acknowledge that providing false, misleading, or incomplete information may cause or contribute to an outbreak and life-threatening illness to certain persons, and will subject me to penalties, including but not limited to, denial of boarding, disembarkation at the first available opportunity at my sole expense, quarantine, suspension of onboard privileges, and/or denial of future bookings. Such deficient information may also make me civilly liable for injuries or losses to persons on board the ship, ashore, or in the communities visited. In the event that false or misleading information is provided on this health declaration, absolutely no refund, Future Cruise Credit nor compensation of any form will be offered in any circumstance. I further understand and acknowledge that willfully providing false or misleading information may lead to criminal fines or imprisonment under federal statutes, including 18 U.S.C. § 1001. I acknowledge that the health information I provide will be relied upon by ship’s staff, medical personnel, fellow passengers and crew, as well as public health officials in the U.S. and the destinations visited; that inaccurate, false or incorrect information could cause or contribute to a public health crisis and potential civil liability for those impacted. I accept my obligation to fully, accurately and truthfully provide all requested information. Read our Privacy & Cookies Notice.

• Like 2

Well, considering you're supposed to be vaccinated a couple weeks before cruising and it's already April I'd say it doesn't pay to wait to the last minute to get a second dose. Some who are dragging their feet may run into issues like this.  They've had plenty of time to do so over the past year plus.  I wouldn't sweat it to bad though.....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TrinaLC said:

I had not planned on spending my weekend gathering information from 8 people and uploading it.  (I am the organizer and handling all the "paper work".)

It is absurd that an email like that would got out months before a cruise!

In theory, somebody might not even yet be vaccinated but still have plenty of time to get the J&J (or whichever is the one shot dose!)

So seriously, will they cancel a cruise a month and a half out if I don't spend hours over this weekend tracking down everyone's information?!!

We have cruises booked in May and December and I've done our vaccine attestation for both.  It took seconds to click off YES and put a checkmark in the box next to the info there (which love2rvcamp posted above).  It won't take you hours.  Why take a chance?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TrinaLC said:

What are you uploading for them? Just check the boxes as mentioned. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TrinaLC said:

I wouldn't want to be responsible for 8 people's paperwork, whether it's passport info, flights, vaccination status, health questionnaire, etc.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Roz said:

I wouldn't want to be responsible for 8 people's paperwork, whether it's passport info, flights, vaccination status, health questionnaire, etc.

You do you. You have no clue about me and what I am dealing with. Judgey much?

No uploading or any of that, just click the box to acknowledge that vaccines are required. Simple. They will cancel you if you don't do it, don't gamble on it. There is nothing to do but simply acknowledge the requirement is in place so that you can't claim you didn't know, or try to skirt the cancellation penalty later on down the line. It is there to avoid wasting a potential booking slot if folks are booking cruises they can't sail on. They can cancel it and refund your money if you don't attest and relist the cabin as available, apply cancellation penalties if you try and cancel after attesting and/or leave you standing at the cruise terminal if you show up without your vaccine papers. It's easy to do and takes about 10 seconds.     

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

What are you uploading for them? Just check the boxes as mentioned. 

Thanks, I thought they were asking for the full vaccine info that you have to upload on the verify app. Phew it is a check the box exercise!

It still seems odd there is this urgency around a check the box exercise almost 2 months out….

1 minute ago, cruisingguy007 said:

No uploading or any of that, just click the box to acknowledge that vaccines are required. Simple. They will cancel you if you don't do it, don't gamble on it. There is nothing to do but simply acknowledge the requirement is in place so that you can't claim you didn't know, or try to skirt the cancellation penalty later on down the line. It is there to avoid wasting a potential booking slot if folks are booking cruises they can't sail on. The can cancel it and refund your money if you don't attest and relist the cabin as available, apply cancellation penalties if you try and cancel after attesting and/or leave you standing at the cruise terminal if you show up without your vaccine papers. It's easy to do and takes about 10 seconds.     

Really helpful explanation and now it makes sense (but maybe not 48 hours!). And the email could be clearer that it isn’t requiring all vax info. 

Thanks everyone (other than the snarky) for the helpful responses. Hope this will help others. 

😉

They want you to attest to your vaccination status so they can begin processing exemption requests. They need to know total number of vaccinated passengers to know how any exemptions they can grant.

Just now, TrinaLC said:

Really helpful explanation and now it makes sense (but maybe not 48 hours!). And the email could be clearer that it isn’t requiring all vax info. 

Thanks everyone (other than the snarky) for the helpful responses. Hope this will help others. 

😉

No problem. Even after you attest, you may still get the emails as there is a glitch going on. As long as it shows in your cruise manager "to do" list as crossed out, you should be GTG and can ignore those extra emails. As long as everyone acknowledges it in the affirmative and it's crossed out, that is all that is required. Enjoy your cruise! 

49 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

No problem. Even after you attest, you may still get the emails as there is a glitch going on. As long as it shows in your cruise manager "to do" list as crossed out, you should be GTG and can ignore those extra emails. As long as everyone acknowledges it in the affirmative and it's crossed out, that is all that is required. Enjoy your cruise! 

thanks again everyone!  And yes we will enjoy our cruise!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TrinaLC said:

Thanks, I thought they were asking for the full vaccine info that you have to upload on the verify app. Phew it is a check the box exercise!

It still seems odd there is this urgency around a check the box exercise almost 2 months out….

I think it is to get people's attention so they can get their jabs if they haven't

18 hours ago, love2rvcamp said:

... if my Vaccination Survey is marked out and it says completed for each passenger than everything was done correctly.  ...  Nothing to worry about as long as you have completed the survey.

Same here, I booked 3 days ago on a "deal" for May 21 (Magic) and first thing I did was the Vaccination Survey, later saw it was crossed out, so I thought "fine" I'm done with that for now. Then two batches of four emails over the last two days. So again I checked my status online, opened the "Survey" to see what it actually said, and at the top of the "edit" page it does say "Vaccine Attestation", key word underlined. And "Completed".

So I have to assume the same, those emails are nothing to worry about. From here I guess the only things left are the test 2-3 days prior and then somebody at the gate confirming vaccinations and tests.

Also keeping a close eye on RCCL, Celebrity and Princess covid policies over the past several months, I have to say Carnival's documentation is by far the most confusing -- WAY too many words, emails and such.

Edited by Moonarino

20 hours ago, TrinaLC said:

You do you. You have no clue about me and what I am dealing with. Judgey much?

I wasn't judging you.  I'm sorry you feel that way.  I was acknowledging what a big job you have with a high level of responsibility.  I was stating I wouldn't want your job.

If you're going to pose a question/problem online, you need to be prepared for all different types of responses.

• Like 4

Are your Vaccine Attestations showing up immediately on your To-Do List?  I booked on Saturday through my travel agent using the 50th Birthday Promo.  I've been looking for it to pop up, but it has not yet.  I believe our other 2 cruises that have been booked since restart had the attestation pop up quickly.  My TA said that there have been cruises cancelled, and I don't want to lose the rate we currently have as it is more than $700 less than the current rate.  Thanks.  Or do you think this may be a good sign that attestation will be gone by April 2023..... We can only hope...... 

28 minutes ago, twebster74 said:

Are your Vaccine Attestations showing up immediately on your To-Do List?  I booked on Saturday through my travel agent using the 50th Birthday Promo.  I've been looking for it to pop up, but it has not yet.  I believe our other 2 cruises that have been booked since restart had the attestation pop up quickly.  My TA said that there have been cruises cancelled, and I don't want to lose the rate we currently have as it is more than $700 less than the current rate.  Thanks.  Or do you think this may be a good sign that attestation will be gone by April 2023..... We can only hope...... 

I think it's only for cruises this calendar year, the ones I booked into next year don't have them showing up and there is no mention in the cruise planner. 

Edited by cruisingguy007

30 minutes ago, twebster74 said:

We booked an 8 night on the Vista about 10 days ago. 3 days ago our vaccine attestation appeared and I filled it out to get it out of the way. Our cruise sails Sept. 24, 2022, if that helps.

21 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I think it's only for cruises this calendar year, the ones I booked into next year don't have them showing up and there is no mention in the cruise planner. 

Thank you that makes sense.  I'm just hoping we won't need them since my 14 year old daughter is not vaccinated, but I have included her on this trip.  Fingers crossed things change by then.