This is MY style!!!!

Nice ship there @bazzaw I bet you are itching to get back on it.

Tell me , I have conflicting stories about the formal dress on Cunard, as the only suit I have ever owned was a monkey suit when I was a kid.

Is it true you have to wear a suit after 6 out side of your cabin?

3 minutes ago, losfp said:

At some point I'd like to try one of the Cunard ships, though I strongly suspect that it will NOT be our kind of style.

We've been trying to try Cunard since 2019. We booked a Jan 21 NZ cruise but, of course it was cancelled. Then we booked Dec 21 NZ Xmas/NY cruise at a decent price but it was also cancelled. So we booked the Dec 22 Xmas/NY cruise. That one was very, very expensive. In the end we decided it wasn't good value for money as the fare didn't include drinks or internet so we cancelled it last week and booked three Princess cruises in better cabins with Plus fares for slightly less in total. Hopefully we can find a reasonably priced Cunard cruise for 23/24 when they are released.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Tell me , I have conflicting stories about the formal dress on Cunard, as the only suit I have ever owned was a monkey suit when I was a kid.

On formal nights part of the ship, i.e. MDR's and some lounges and the theatre are jacket and tie job, tux or dark suit. Well that is the way it was on QM2 when were on it in 2017.  I saw people getting chucked out of the on board pub, think it was Red Lion @ 6pm because they were not adhering to the formal night dress code.   QE would be the same.  On formal nights you can eat in the buffet in casual clothing.

Personally for me it was a bit OTT and not for me. P&O UK were pretty close to Cunard re dress codes as well. This is my style...

239428017_376489263842020_8944843152730290424_n.thumb.jpg.38e125d8c743214dc2916521475c5b81.jpg

17 minutes ago, NSWP said:

On formal nights part of the ship, i.e. MDR's and some lounges and the theatre are jacket and tie job, tux or dark suit. Well that is the way it was on QM2 when were on it in 2017.  I saw people getting chucked out of the on board pub, think it was Red Lion @ 6pm because they were not adhering to the formal night dress code.   QE would be the same.  On formal nights you can eat in the buffet in casual clothing.

Personally for me it was a bit OTT and not for me. P&O UK were pretty close to Cunard re dress codes as well. This is my style...

239428017_376489263842020_8944843152730290424_n.thumb.jpg.38e125d8c743214dc2916521475c5b81.jpg

What about the cougars uncle Les ,what time where they the most active?

I’m thinking about finding my self a sugar Mummy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Before covid its was semi true, but you can go to the buffet, and one of the lounges and night club on formal nights.

I have walked around the ship in shorts after 6pm on the Queen Elizabeth with not too much issues, but I think I did that any latter, then I might have been told to move along. 

• Thanks 1

For the 2019-2020 Australian season , they relaxed the dress code..

After six it was long pants and collared shirts in the main areas.  On formal nights a coat and tie was also required.People on my table were sent back to their cabins to dress appropriately.

On the Cunard board, there was wailing and gnashing of teeth about the Aussies ruining the world.

• Haha 3

There are two Cunard standards. If they are based here over the summer, the rules are more relaxed. If you are on a world cruise, or a leg of it to/from Australia, it is more to the usual standard.

Three different dress standards for men - Formal night, with penguin or at least a dark suit. Semi-formal which is coat & tie, casual which is coat no tie. Getting around the outside decks, pools, passenger decks, buffet did not require any dress-up, but why bother if you are only going to see half the ship.

We found it formal at night, but not stuffy at all. It does require a lot of extra effort with luggage though, so not our first choice. Gorgeous ships and a different vibe, and worth trying at least once.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

The dress rules have softened lately - but even in times gone past that is not true. On FORMAL/GALA nights  most men wear a dark suit or a Tux. BUT - this is particularly so in overseas waters. I am not expecting to see too many men in Tuxes on my Aussie cruise. For me, dressing up on the Formal nights is a benefit of the Line- I can relax in stubbies and thongs anytime I like here at home 🙂 Getting dressed up when everybody else is also dressed up is a rare opportunity for me here in Australia. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

What about the cougars uncle Les ,what time where they the most active?

I’m thinking about finding my self a sugar Mummy.

Here she is, you deserve better than the cougars, quality....careful now Chili..

1417833928_th(3).jpg.a28bf88d9052ef3ce65a5843f91ab646.jpg

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Docker123 said:

After six it was long pants and collared shirts in the main areas.  On formal nights a coat and tie was also required.People on my table were sent back to their cabins to dress appropriately.

On the Cunard board, there was wailing and gnashing of teeth about the Aussies ruining the world.

True on our QM2 voyage (voyage on Cunard not cruise !) From what I heard at our table in Brittania MDR and around the ship, the Cunarders - Brits doing the worldie were not overly impressed with the some Aussies interpretation of 'formal wear.'  

244281103_932672673951982_5615881651271509826_n.thumb.jpg.9a72b4ab6d90f67446f4c48817da808b.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, bazzaw said:

For me, dressing up on the Formal nights is a benefit of the Line- I can relax in stubbies and thongs anytime I like here at home 🙂 Getting dressed up when everybody else is also dressed up is a rare opportunity for me here in Australia. 

Very well put. 🙂

14 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Which has now been extended to the rest of the world. Yes according to the Cunard board the world is ending - and its not the pandemic or the Ukraine war they are talking about! 

14 hours ago, arxcards said:

There are two Cunard standards. If they are based here over the summer, the rules are more relaxed. If you are on a world cruise, or a leg of it to/from Australia, it is more to the usual standard.

Three different dress standards for men - Formal night, with penguin or at least a dark suit. Semi-formal which is coat & tie, casual which is coat no tie. Getting around the outside decks, pools, passenger decks, buffet did not require any dress-up, but why bother if you are only going to see half the ship.

We found it formal at night, but not stuffy at all. It does require a lot of extra effort with luggage though, so not our first choice. Gorgeous ships and a different vibe, and worth trying at least once.

Yeah its changed now worldwide. Smart Causal doesn't require a jacket or tie - just a collared shirt (and pants). Gala/formal is a dark suit or tux and tie/bowtie (that hasn't changed). 

22 hours ago, bazzaw said:

Nice video - love the choice of music. 

We did 14 days on her - our first cruise ex Syd - got back to Syd 2 March 2020... Doing a total of 56 days on her this year ticking off both canals.   We like the size of the ship, the ballroom dancing, the mainly all-inclusive dining. Oh and the cocktails in the Commodore Club - if you do  NOT sign up for the cocktail course where they demo making cocktails. Its a terrible thing that introduces you to a bunch of cocktails will continue to cost you a fortune .... 

19 minutes ago, lissie said:

We did 14 days on her - our first cruise ex Syd - got back to Syd 2 March 2020... Doing a total of 56 days on her this year ticking off both canals.   We like the size of the ship, the ballroom dancing, the mainly all-inclusive dining. Oh and the cocktails in the Commodore Club - if you do  NOT sign up for the cocktail course where they demo making cocktails. Its a terrible thing that introduces you to a bunch of cocktails will continue to cost you a fortune .... 

Nah, then you do a Princess cruise with a Plus fare and happily work your way through their cocktail list for very little cost. They have some great cocktails.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lissie said:

Which has now been extended to the rest of the world. Yes according to the Cunard board the world is ending - and its not the pandemic or the Ukraine war they are talking about! 

Those Cunarders are a strange species. lol. One morning on QM2 we went into the Britannia MDR for the full English breakfast and sitting there on our table was an old geezer, later found out he was a retired British Army Colonel. Believe it or not at 0800 he was attired in a blazer, shirt and tie and slacks. Complete with Regimental tie of the the Royal Artillery.  I got the stare in my T shirt, shorts and thongs, lol.

Yes some strange people on Cunard. But then perhaps they though the colonials were strange.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Those Cunarders are a strange species. lol. One morning on QM2 we went into the Britannia MDR for the full English breakfast and sitting there on our table was an old geezer, later found out he was a retired British Army Colonel. Believe it or not at 0800 he was attired in a blazer, shirt and tie and slacks. Complete with Regimental tie of the the Royal Artillery.  I got the stare in my T shirt, shorts and thongs, lol.

Yes some strange people on Cunard. But then perhaps they though the colonials were strange.

For such occasions, where can we buy a shirt printed with broadhead arrows?🙄

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lissie said:

I think the music matches the style of the ship 🙂 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

For such occasions, where can we buy a shirt printed with broadhead arrows?🙄

Approved for wear in Princess Grills and Queens Grill on the Cunard Line ships..lol

Barry Bazzaw would love one of these..lol  I might throw it over to the Cunard board for a reaction, lol.

th.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Approved for wear in Princess Grills and Queens Grill on the Cunard Line ships..lol

Barry Bazzaw would love one of these..lol  I might throw it over to the Cunard board for a reaction, lol.

th.jpg

You might also remind them that the convicts weren't Australians - but Brits! 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

You might also remind them that the convicts weren't Australians - but Brits! 

Indeed, I was one, lol. Transported to HM Colony in 66.  That is 1966 NOT 1866 Barry.😂

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I can believe it - I was little disappointed on our pre-pandemic cruise it  was like 85% Ozzzie and the rest were very well travelled brits and Americans. It will be interesting to see how different it is on a cruise out of the USA which I think will have a fair few brits as well.  I think the trans-atlantics must be the weirdest as they have the "I can't catch a plane" crowd on them.