Cruise Critic Sailing Aboard Pride of America 4/9 - Ask Us Your Questions

Cruise Critic will be sailing aboard Pride of America's first voyage from Honolulu on Saturday, April 9, and we want to know what questions you have as Norwegian's most unique ship returns to service. So, ask away, and we'll do our best to answer onboard!

• Like 3

Dear CCA:

We will be on the POA for the May 28 (pre cruise tour on May25) and will be very interested in your comments regarding service, facilities ,food quality  and operations of the ship after the long layoff.  Any information on Covid testing would also be appreciated.  I hope that you have a safe flight and a  great cruise.

Thank you,

Joel Barry

Ditto what Cape Hernlopen said.  I've read that Moderno and one dining room will be closed on initial sailings.  Last time I checked there were many available cabins for May 28, so I think they are really limiting capacity.  I'm wondering if all Platinum perks (ship tour, wine tasting, etc,) will be available.  Thanks very much.  Steve

42 minutes ago, Cape Hernlopen said:

Dear CCA:

We will be on the POA for the May 28 (pre cruise tour on May25) and will be very interested in your comments regarding service, facilities ,food quality  and operations of the ship after the long layoff.  Any information on Covid testing would also be appreciated.  I hope that you have a safe flight and a  great cruise.

Thank you,

Joel Barry

Absolutely -- those will all be things I'll be looking at while onboard! I'll be sure to report back.

9 minutes ago, zounds said:

Ditto what Cape Hernlopen said.  I've read that Moderno and one dining room will be closed on initial sailings.  Last time I checked there were many available cabins for May 28, so I think they are really limiting capacity.  I'm wondering if all Platinum perks (ship tour, wine tasting, etc,) will be available.  Thanks very much.  Steve

I'm curious about capacity as well, and I'll look into Platinum perks onboard. Not sure if they'll restart the ship tours at this early stage, but maybe wine tasting will be offered.

• Like 1

While my question isnt as, timely, as the others.  Im curious about the decor and refurbishment/refreshment that recently happened.  I am not on POA until 2024 (told you it wasnt timely) but I am still curious.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrsTocko said:

While my question isnt as, timely, as the others.  Im curious about the decor and refurbishment/refreshment that recently happened.  I am not on POA until 2024 (told you it wasnt timely) but I am still curious.

I'm interested in this too. It seems like the ship has been given a refresh during its period out of service.

• Like 1

I’m interested to know what onboard activities they are offering. Pre-Covid I’ve seen reviews mention lei making, trivia, tastings, etc. but not sure what is coming back with limited staffing. I will be on POA mid-July. 

• Like 3

I’m so glad you’re doing this…thanks!

I’d love to know about any improvements/upgrades that were made while the ship was out of service.

I know you’ll have lots to say about food, service, etc. Since I’m not sailing until October I’m sure things will change!

Edited by Cindy
  • Like 3

We are on the April 23rd sailing and look forward to reading your answers!  Our question is pertaining to tours…our snorkel cruise in Maui is cancelled.  Let us know what IS available on Maui.  It’s overnight there.  Thanks in advance and “Aloha!”

• Like 3

On 4/6/2022 at 7:43 AM, zounds said:

Also, since we fly in on the 25th, we'll probably have to find a Covid test site if they still require it 2 days prior.

We bought the test NCL recommends.  I have them packed in our carry on (we don’t leave until April 21st 🤗).  You make your appointment to test(we are using our iPhone at the airport 2 hours before our flight).  Get the results in 15 minutes or so!  

hope this helps!  

On 4/6/2022 at 6:18 AM, CruiseCriticAaron said:

Cruise Critic will be sailing aboard Pride of America's first voyage from Honolulu on Saturday, April 9, and we want to know what questions you have as Norwegian's most unique ship returns to service. So, ask away, and we'll do our best to answer onboard!

Anxiously following!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 4 cruisers said:

We are on the April 23rd sailing and look forward to reading your answers!  Our question is pertaining to tours…our snorkel cruise in Maui is cancelled.  Let us know what IS available on Maui.  It’s overnight there.  Thanks in advance and “Aloha!”

There is a plethora of snorkeling tours here. Not sure what your was cancelled on you :(. The sticking point could be pick up from kahalui. Is there a chance you are tendering into Lahania? That will make things infinitely easier.

If you are overnighting in Kahalui, the closest place for snorkeling is Ma’alaea Harbor.  It’s about 15 minutes from Kahului so I can’t imagine a taxi could be all that expensive. Pacific whale (large double decker) and Trilogy (catamaran) are only 2 of the very many snorkeling tours from there. I believe your only choice from Maa’Laea Harvor will be Molokini but that is an iconic spot on Maui.

I really like Maa’lea Harbor. The aquarium is right there and between the aquarium and snorkeling you can easily make it a very enjoyable day. They have shopping and restaurants also - my favorite is the restaurant inside the aquarium.

Best to you!

• Like 1

We're on the 5/14 tour! I'm interested to see if there's a projected ship capacity that far out yet.

Also, I know dining reservations were canceled for this cruise. I would like to know how much/how little of a cluster it is to have everyone making replacement reservations once they board. Are those with speciality dining packages (we've booked a 5-night package) given any kind of assurance of being able to book restaurants at times that work for them?

It will make me a bit sad if my reservations are canceled, since I made them at midnight at 120 days out!

• Like 2