Onboard the Apex (April 9-16): Ask Me Anything

schittenden

On 4/9/2022 at 11:20 AM, schittenden said:

Our first time onboard an E-Class vessel. Anything you want to know, let me know, and I’ll do my best to find out. Anything I should know? Please share. We’re in a concierge class infinite verandah. 

I’m traveling with my wife and 10-year old son. We were told there are just over 100 kids on board this sailing. 

98D18328-15D5-4437-B916-E69A5E202CB7.jpeg

75B377C0-5119-45A1-9921-0A6527EF7B20.jpeg

E7532566-D4E1-4A4D-BE3D-5EBB18A3C86F.jpeg

EA4DB323-F9EB-452C-8043-1867632A5A05.jpeg

Can you tell me the name of the Doctor on board?

Hello ,

first let me thank you for posting all the info to  people questions and here is mine. Would you happen to know if they have los carb beer like Michelop Ulra or Corona Premier or the band New Zero carb  Bud Light Next ?

Boarding Saturday can’t wait.

Thanks 

Sea Ya

Eric 

On 4/12/2022 at 5:26 PM, kwokpot said:

I agree I've never seen a card like that on the Edge or Apex. There is no Wine Bar on E-Class ships. If you look at the listed events on the card they're either in one of the MDRs or Eden Bar. 

It was embarkation lunch in Luminae on the Edge April 3rd. It was a waiter or sommelier that showed it to us. I just took a picture.

On 4/12/2022 at 5:19 PM, schittenden said:

Was that left in your cabin? I haven’t seen it. I also don’t know where the wine bar is. 

It was embarkation lunch in Luminae on the Edge April 3rd. It was a waiter or sommelier that showed it to us. I just took a picture.

10 hours ago, SF said:

We will be boarding Apex Saturday. Do we need to make reservations for any shows? What times are the shows?

Most nights they are at 7:30 PM and 9:30 PM. You do not need to make a reservation. Sometimes it does get crowded so just go a little early to make sure you get a seat that you arehappy with.

Edited by Peteymil
Repeat

1 hour ago, canescruiser said:

Hi,

What is the current mask policy onboard? Are masks required for crew? Guests? Has the policy changed since you boarded? 

Thank you.

Crew wear masks. Passengers do not have to wear masks. Last night at around 6 o'clock they announce that there are nine passengers isolating with Covid and 36 crew, so today we are seeing more masks on people but there is still not a requirement

On 4/12/2022 at 7:21 PM, bandp407 said:

You obviously enjoy the Edge class!   The suites are not in our price range, but we booked a sunset veranda for our Beyond sailing in November. Really looking forward to it. Hopefully there will be great music as we really enjoy dancing!! 

Thanks again for all of your input!

Sunset Verandah is the way to go!  I have sailed on Edge twice; both times in a SV.  And I have a SV booked on Apex.  

Enjoy!

34 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

Sunset Verandah is the way to go!  I have sailed on Edge twice; both times in a SV.  And I have a SV booked on Apex.  

Enjoy!

Thanks very much - pretty much what we thought! You enjoy too!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SF said:

We will be boarding Apex Saturday. Do we need to make reservations for any shows? What times are the shows?

No. The theater is reasonably full, but we’ve always been able to get non-prime seating arriving 10-15 minutes before. They don’t offer reservations as far as I know. 

2 hours ago, canescruiser said:

Hi,

What is the current mask policy onboard? Are masks required for crew? Guests? Has the policy changed since you boarded? 

Thank you.

Masks still not required, but they did ask people to exercise caution or something to that effect. We’ve been wearing masks on board anyhow, as a preventative measure. 

• Like 2

Well, here is a question, low priority but if you have a chance.  We board the Apex on April 30, transatlantic from Fort Lauderdale to Amsterdam.  Celebrity messaging has been inconsistent, with the website and the app suggesting that we must have a negative test within one day before boarding, while email messages from Celebrity about this specific cruise suggest that the negative test must be within two days before boarding.  I wonder if Guest Relations on board would have the answer to this.  It is driving people on the roll call crazy, and most of us are making alternative plans for testing, hoping that Celebrity will bring all messaging into line before the cruise.

Tom & Judy

23 minutes ago, canescruiser said:

Peteymil,

Thanks for the update. Are guests who are positive required to leave their cabins and move to a designated quarantine cabin or are they able to isolate in their cabin?

I don’t know, but I did have a passenger who said his wife tested positive in the terminal and also had a negative PCR at the terminal. He said they allowed his wife to board but she was isolated in a separate cabin for 48 hours. The story sounds very strange, but it does suggest separate isolation cabins (I saw him with his wife a couple days later). 

14 minutes ago, TFree said:

Well, here is a question, low priority but if you have a chance.  We board the Apex on April 30, transatlantic from Fort Lauderdale to Amsterdam.  Celebrity messaging has been inconsistent, with the website and the app suggesting that we must have a negative test within one day before boarding, while email messages from Celebrity about this specific cruise suggest that the negative test must be within two days before boarding.  I wonder if Guest Relations on board would have the answer to this.  It is driving people on the roll call crazy, and most of us are making alternative plans for testing, hoping that Celebrity will bring all messaging into line before the cruise.

Tom & Judy

Did you check this page on Celebrity website?  https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/transatlantic-travel-requirements

36 minutes ago, canescruiser said:

Peteymil,

Thanks for the update. Are guests who are positive required to leave their cabins and move to a designated quarantine cabin or are they able to isolate in their cabin?

I do not know anyone in this situation so I am not sure. 

3 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Did you check this page on Celebrity website?  https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/transatlantic-travel-requirements

Yes, the problem is the inconsistency in the messaging.  Which message to believe?  What we see on the website, or what they tell us in emails about our specific cruise.

Tom & Judy

Just now, TFree said:

Yes, the problem is the inconsistency in the messaging.  Which message to believe?  What we see on the website, or what they tell us in emails about our specific cruise.

Tom & Judy

The website was just updated a few days ago.  I would go with what the website says at this point.  Just print it out.

2 minutes ago, TFree said:

Tom & Judy

It is interesting that they are requiring a test within 1 day if AMS is port of call.  Currently Netherlands have not entry testing requirements.  So not sure why they are calling that out for 1 day prior.  

30 minutes ago, schittenden said:

Masks still not required, but they did ask people to exercise caution or something to that effect. We’ve been wearing masks on board anyhow, as a preventative measure. 

Good idea as we got off Apex Saturday and now have covid. 

On 4/10/2022 at 11:57 PM, schittenden said:

Sorry for the delay. The “fastest internet at sea” appears to be about 9600 baud. The basic package won’t even load cruisecritic. I’ve borrowed my wife’s premium package, which is… less slow. 

We all have mixed feelings. I miss being able to slip out behind the curtain and sit on the balcony before others are up. On the flip side, the rooms are a bit narrow and that extra interior space makes them feel more spacious. The furniture (two small chairs and a small table) feel balcony-like. The window is a bit too small and the fixed glass piece is a bit too tall. I think if it was about 4” shorter, it would make it feel more like a balcony when it was open. I’m somewhat torn and not sure whether the pluses outweigh the minuses. We don’t spend enough time in the room for it to have a major effect on our vacation enjoyment anyhow. 

Ok, thank you for your response.   I think we are just going to have to try it out and see if it works for us.

Hi!  Eight of us are scheduled to board Celebrity Beyond in September of this year and the dinner options are confusing.  We would normally select early dining and a table for eight, but from what I read on the website, there are four dining room options available at no extra charge.  Do you have to make a reservation every night for dinner or do you just stand in line as a first come first serve basis?  Is there no dining room option available like we are used to with a table for eight and the same wait staff every night?  Thanks for any info you can provide.  

19 minutes ago, RetiredBakers said:

Hi!  Eight of us are scheduled to board Celebrity Beyond in September of this year and the dinner options are confusing.  We would normally select early dining and a table for eight, but from what I read on the website, there are four dining room options available at no extra charge.  Do you have to make a reservation every night for dinner or do you just stand in line as a first come first serve basis?  Is there no dining room option available like we are used to with a table for eight and the same wait staff every night?  Thanks for any info you can provide.  

What dining did you choose for your cruise? If you chose early dining what will happen is you will be assigned to one of the four main dining rooms. You won't know which one until you board the ship and look for the card that is in your room.  You can stay at that dining room and assigned time the whole cruise. If you want to sample another main dining room you'll have to check with the dining room host for that dining room when onboard and see if they can accommodate you. The dining room assignment card will look like this:

IMG_20181222_171949661.jpg

• Like 1