gift cards

princess76021

First- and second-party GCs tend to have longer (or no) expiration. 

Third-party ones may have additional conditions on them, so if you're going through things like GC exchanges, read the fine print specific to that vendor. 

Today I received an emailed news release that HAL is now offering a Mother’s Day 10% bonus gift card through 5/8/22. With Princess being part of the HAL Group then possibly they will soon have the same offer like they did in July 2021.

Show Mom the World this Mother's Day with a Holland America Line Gift Card and 10% Bonus Offer

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/show-mom-world-mothers-day-holland-america-line-gift-card-and-0

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 5:43 PM, bafinegan said:

AARP has them for 10% off.

I don't think I've ever seen Princess gift cards on the AARP site - Carnival often, and even they are hard to find now.  When did you see Princess cards there??

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bjkTX said:

I don't think I've ever seen Princess gift cards on the AARP site - Carnival often, and even they are hard to find now.  When did you see Princess cards there??

Just bought one 2 days ago.  ALso have Celebrity, Holland and NCL

aarp6.PNG

11 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

AARP sells Princess $500 card for $450. Also, sells Princess $100 card for $90. Both at 10% discount. Go to AARP rewards site.

Thanks!  I looked yesterday and couldn't find any gift cards - I'll look again today.  I have used them to buy Carnival cards before - but it's been years.

Thanks to the folks that responded about the AARP 10% off deal.  I had looked for them twice and couldn't find them - but I was looking under "Member Only" offers - and they were listed in the regular area.  I just bought two $500 cards for $900 to finish paying off our cruise.  Thanks again!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bbeanpin said:

Was buying them from Target at 5% of but bought 4 - $500 (and soon more) from AARP for 10% off.

Also you don't even need to be a paying member, just have an account set up.

1 hour ago, bjkTX said:

Thanks to the folks that responded about the AARP 10% off deal.  I had looked for them twice and couldn't find them - but I was looking under "Member Only" offers - and they were listed in the regular area.  I just bought two $500 cards for $900 to finish paying off our cruise.  Thanks again!

Looks to me like they are under the AARP Rewards section, so you would have to earn reward points first?  I tried a direct link and it only took me to the Rewards splash page.  (I am not a member of AARP and prefer not to be).

50 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Looks to me like they are under the AARP Rewards section, so you would have to earn reward points first?  I tried a direct link and it only took me to the Rewards splash page.  (I am not a member of AARP and prefer not to be).

I just did them and it did NOT require points which surprised me.  I have done Carnival cards before and always needed points - but the Princess Cards did not say "Members Only" and no points involved.  I received the e-cards immediately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well, I'm sold. Just signed up for AARP Rewards (free), and... Expanding on the AARP rewards T&C for Princess:

Does NOT have to be an actual member of AARP.

Limited to 5 GC (of seemingly any kind) 'per month'; unknown if that's 30d rolling or calendar. 

They also have HAL, with similar terms. This also makes it the cheapest source I know of, albeit the limited quantity is a bit of an irritation. 

• Thanks 2

On 4/17/2022 at 1:36 PM, beach bunnie said:

Thanks, how long before the bonus amounts expire?

It depends on the promotion. It can be as soon as 90 days after receipt.

However, it is easy to use the bonus card if you have a Princess cruise booked. Just call Princess and purchase OBC with the bonus card.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/24/2022 at 2:09 AM, caribill said:

It depends on the promotion. It can be as soon as 90 days after receipt.

However, it is easy to use the bonus card if you have a Princess cruise booked. Just call Princess and purchase OBC with the bonus card.

When you purchase OBC with the GC…

where can I see that?  I looked under credits, travel summary and don’t see it.

TIA

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

When you purchase OBC with the GC…

where can I see that?  I looked under credits, travel summary and don’t see it.

TIA

As I indicated, call Princess and purchase OBC with the bonus card.

48 minutes ago, caribill said:

As I indicated, call Princess and purchase OBC with the bonus card.

I already did that.  My question was, where do you see the OBC on the website?  It does not show on the cruise personalizer under credits or travel summary.

26 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I already did that.  My question was, where do you see the OBC on the website?  It does not show on the cruise personalizer under credits or travel summary.

Mine show in the Cruise Personalizer under Onboard Reservations, scroll all the way down to the bottom, under Reservations and Purchases.  It will show the full purchase amount even if you apply a portion to a prepurchase Shore Ex, for example.  

Edited by SomewhereGirl

45 minutes ago, SomewhereGirl said:

Mine show in the Cruise Personalizer under Onboard Reservations, scroll all the way down to the bottom, under Reservations and Purchases.  It will show the full purchase amount even if you apply a portion to a prepurchase Shore Ex, for example.  

Mine doesn’t show. I’ll try to buy excursions and see if it comes up.

Such fun! 😂