gift cards

princess76021

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Will there be a Mother's Day gift card promotion ( bonus ) this year ?

Who knows?  I didn't see one at Valentine's and I thought that was a guarantee.  I am tempted to buy some more at MD if they have the 10% promo so I have enough to pay off our voyages.  I see us going ahead for sure as the prices we are booked at for October (both PCL and EZ-Air) are not likely to be seen again and we also have bonus money down and pre-existing gift card funds tied up.

29 minutes ago, seagunthera said:

How do you use gift cards on Princess? Are they able to be added to OBC or can you use them to purchase spa, etc. online?

From the Princess Gift Card FAQ webpage:

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/overview/gift-cards/

Q: What is the Princess Cruises Gift Card?
The Princess Cruises Gift Card is a pre-paid Gift Card that can be used as payment towards your cruise booking or towards your onboard spending account.

• Like 1

I bought a bunch of gift cards and applied them to my cruise.  I am not sure I would do it again at this time.  The bonus was nice, but Princess is too unstable for me right now.  Getting back the credit if a cruise is cancelled is fine.  You will lose the bonuses since they have expiration dates.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Who knows?  I didn't see one at Valentine's and I thought that was a guarantee.  I am tempted to buy some more at MD if they have the 10% promo so I have enough to pay off our voyages.  I see us going ahead for sure as the prices we are booked at for October (both PCL and EZ-Air) are not likely to be seen again and we also have bonus money down and pre-existing gift card funds tied up.

I purchased cards with the 10% bonus which were used for our just completed cruises. After that cruise experience won’t decide until final payment whether to keep or to cancel our October cruises. Like you that cruise & EZair fares are good but don’t want to have unused cards if we decide to take a cruise break hoping for better experiences sometime in the future. 🤞

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, seagunthera said:

How do you use gift cards on Princess? Are they able to be added to OBC or can you use them to purchase spa, etc. online?

To use as OBC visit Guest Services once on board and have them added your account. It’s fast and easy.  You can also call Princess or your TA to have them applied to your booking or to purchase OBC. 

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

I purchased cards with the 10% bonus which were used for our just completed cruises. After that cruise experience won’t decide until final payment whether to keep or to cancel our October cruises. Like you that cruise & EZair fares are good but don’t want to have unused cards if we decide to take a cruise break hoping for better experiences sometime in the future. 🤞

I see us taking a break from the bigger voyages because we have land trips we want to do.

Continue to expect improvements in next six months.  I think we have to go and hope for the best.

• Like 1

It may have been a fluke but I was refunded the full gift card amount including bonuses that had expired. 

(the bonus came separately in an email so It was easy to track that card as the bonus)

I immediately turned around and applied the bonus to a different cruise just in case it was a mistake. 

Perhaps it was part of the cruise with confidence  🤷🏻‍♀️

46 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Getting back the credit if a cruise is cancelled is fine.  You will lose the bonuses since they have expiration dates.  

My x-PVP had all the bonus cards reissued as 1 gift card that (surprisingly) did not have an expiration date. But this was in Fall 2021. I thought the only change in 2022 was that it would come back as FCC. Am I misled?

2 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

It may have been a fluke but I was refunded the full gift card amount including bonuses that had expired. 

(the bonus came separately in an email so It was easy to track that card as the bonus)

I immediately turned around and applied the bonus to a different cruise just in case it was a mistake. 

Perhaps it was part of the cruise with confidence  🤷🏻‍♀️

So you were able to re-apply expired bonus amounts??!!   Interesting.  Our bonuses are applied against cruise invoice at this point, so I doubt our GC's will be refunded. 

3 hours ago, bbeanpin said:

FYI you can buy them through target.com at 5% off anytime if you use your redcard. 

Though there appear to be purchase limits for RC@Target... I'm trying to pin down the exact limit, but I think it's something around 1500/week. (Or maybe just 3 of each tier.) 

Trying to get significant amounts of GCs in fairly short order is an exercise in futility.

Edited by Cuedon

If anyone lives near a Giant Eagle, they have Princess gift cards and (if I am doing the math correctly), when you switch to their new myPerks program, until tomorrow, they are giving 5x perks on all items.

Which, again - assuming correct math, is 10% off gift cards (Princess is available $25-$500 in some stores and online) AND, if you have a card which gives money back at grocery stores AND you have a store near you, you can get more.

If everything ends up good - I think I got 16% off (well, 16% "back") (10% from Giant Eagle and 6% from my American Express Blue Cash Preferred)

(just don't pounce if I am wrong)

5 hours ago, Cuedon said:

Is it the same program they used to have that requires you to collect points of some kind through surveys and stuff first? 

YES and you have to be a paid member.

Edited by cruzsnooze

2 hours ago, beach bunnie said:

How long are they good for?  What is the expiration date?  Looked at Target and it says they don't expire. ???  TIA

PCL gift cards do not expire.  If you buy them on a promotion from PCL, the bonus amount will have an expiry date.

• Thanks 1