Shareholder OBC

amajaa

I applied for Shareholder Benefit on a Baltic cruise on Sky this coming September and received this….

Currently we are only able to apply shareholder benefits to cruises departing before the 31st July 2022.  Therefore as your cruise is not departing prior to this date then please contact us closer to your departure with updated proof of shareholdings so that we are able to check and verify this at the time.

I trust this is all in order for you & we will speak to you again closer to sailing.

Warm Regards
Hazel Long
Pre-Cruise Guest Relations Representative

• Like 2

13 hours ago, danacline said:

I also seem to remember you can't apply until you have made that final payment.

I also seem to remember that the shareholder discount may not apply if your TA gives you cabin credit.

Those are not Princess rules.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, devonuk said:

I applied for Shareholder Benefit on a Baltic cruise on Sky this coming September and received this….

Currently we are only able to apply shareholder benefits to cruises departing before the 31st July 2022.  Therefore as your cruise is not departing prior to this date then please contact us closer to your departure with updated proof of shareholdings so that we are able to check and verify this at the time.

I trust this is all in order for you & we will speak to you again closer to sailing.

Did you apply recently?

The July 31,2022 date was the latest authorized by the CCL Corp Board of Directors in March, 2021.

But in early March 2022 the Board extended the date to July 21, 2023.

If you applied to Princess after early March, it should have been approved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, caribill said:

Did you apply recently?

The July 31,2022 date was the latest authorized by the CCL Corp Board of Directors in March, 2021.

The reply was dated the 8/April/22 🤷‍♂️

On 4/29/2022 at 1:52 PM, danacline said:

We have not cruised Princess since becoming Carnival shareholders, but have cruised HAL and Carnival (and Royal). In all cases, I submitted the paperwork 1-2 months before the cruise, and the credit was added quickly (<2 weeks). I do remember specifically saying in the cover letter to please send us an acceptance response via email. I also seem to remember you can't apply until you have made that final payment.

I also seem to remember that the shareholder discount may not apply if your TA gives you cabin credit.

For my upcoming cruise I sent in my request months ago, long before final payment is due and got it in a day.

• Like 1

I had to recently contact Princess regarding stockholder benefits.  I had a pleasant experience.  I called 800 872 6779 and waited to speak to an operator.  I did not enter extension 30317.  Upon being connected with the operator, I asked to speak with someone about shareholder benefits.  I was connected with a very nice and helpful lady who was able to resolve my concerns.  At the end of our conversation, she asked, "How long were you on hold before we were connected?"  I said it had been about 45 minutes. (No biggie to me, I was happy to have the problem solved.)  She retorted, "That is really bad.  I am going to give you an extra $50.00 OBC for being so patient."  And she did!!  Long story short:  do not enter the extension and be patient.

• Like 4

I submitted a request for 3 separate cruises on April 21st, and on May 2nd I received new invoices showing the shareholder OBC for 2 of the cruises.  The one they didn't credit the OBC to was an upcoming New Zealand cruise in Oct. 2022.  I am speculating that it may be cancelled since New Zealand has not yet re-opened to cruises.  Does this sound likely?  Or should I follow up with Princess?  TIA for any insights you can share.

On 4/30/2022 at 8:50 AM, caribill said:

Did you apply recently?

Look at what I received today 🙄

Thank you for your further email.

I can confirm that we are still only able to apply shareholder benefits to cruises departing before the 31st July.

Please can I kindly ask you to contact us closer to the time with an up to date proof of shareholdings and we will be happy to process your application for you.

Warm regards

Lucy

Lucy James

• Like 1

2 hours ago, devonuk said:

I can confirm that we are still only able to apply shareholder benefits to cruises departing before the 31st July.

Please can I kindly ask you to contact us closer to the time with an up to date proof of shareholdings and we will be happy to process your application for you.

Warm regards

Lucy

Lucy James

Interesting it did not say July 31 of what year.

I have successfully applied for and had added to my cruise for this December the stockholder OBC. Lucky for me Lucy James was not involved in processing my request.

I remember long ago that someone here on CC submitted a request and received a reply that said "You must own 100 shares of CCL to qualify for the SOBC"  The CC member owned 200 shares or more and had submitted that in her application.

Moral: If you qualify for the credit, do not hesitate to apply again.  Apparently their personnel training needs some improvement.

On 5/11/2022 at 10:18 PM, devonuk said:

Warm regards

Lucy

Lucy James

We had ours added for this coming August over a year ago, they need to talk to each other in Guest Relations.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 5:18 PM, devonuk said:

Warm regards

Lucy

Lucy James

Perhaps with the number of passengers rising, they currently have too many requests at this time to handle.... We faxed ours over for our cruise next month. It took 8 days to get the OBC.

Try again August 1 🤪

• Like 1

4 hours ago, darnoc23 said:

Ugh, never realized we can get OBC for being a shareholder of over 100 shares.  Can I still get my OBC to a FCC after a cruise?

No. Must be requested before a cruise.

• Like 2