Shareholder OBC

amajaa

How long is it taking people to get their OBC at the moment?  Princess are normally on the ball with allocating it and e-mailing back but I haven’t heard anything for over two weeks.  Have they changed the e-mail address or anything? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, amajaa said:

How long is it taking people to get their OBC at the moment?  Princess are normally on the ball with allocating it and e-mailing back but I haven’t heard anything for over two weeks.  Have they changed the e-mail address or anything? 

There is no predicting when they will get around to applying the Shareholder Benefit to your account.  I have been waiting for 3 weeks on several I sent to them; however on a previous one, it took only one day!!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BrianI said:

The email address for UK residents is

benefits@princesscruises.co.uk

This is from the Carnival website

50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

Thanks, that is who I sent it to. I guess I will have to be patience. 🤞🤞🤞it will show up soon. 

I never got a received receipt or a read receipt or even the standard automated message from them so I send another email just now and got the automated received message from them straight away. 

30 minutes ago, Charleyben said:

I received a response after about 7 days saying that the OBC had been credited.

i signed on and true to their word it was there.

Mine was added this quickly too.

I always thought getting OBC for UK shareholders was much easier compared with those elsewhere in the world.

I resumitted my five (5) cruises for Shareholder Benefit yestersday.  They did one of them, but not the others.  All 5 requests are within the window established by Carnival Corporation, "The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2023 aboard the brands listed below."  Not sure what's up with this Department??

3 hours ago, BigTimeCruiser said:

I resumitted my five (5) cruises for Shareholder Benefit yestersday.  They did one of them, but not the others.  All 5 requests are within the window established by Carnival Corporation, "The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2023 aboard the brands listed below."  Not sure what's up with this Department??

I dont remember, as I have not cruised recently because of COVID, but I seem to recall that they would not do it 'too early'  IF you submitted more than 2 months early (If I recall), they denied it or didnt act on it.  I dont know if that was an internal control (to keep people from buying on one day, filing the form for a year's worth of travel, and sell the next), or if there was a mechanical reason that prevented them from adding the credit to the cruise.

OF course with COVID, they may have different processes and perhaps reduced staff to handle these tasks.  

1 hour ago, sirclean said:

I dont remember, as I have not cruised recently because of COVID, but I seem to recall that they would not do it 'too early'  IF you submitted more than 2 months early (If I recall), they denied it or didnt act on it.  I dont know if that was an internal control (to keep people from buying on one day, filing the form for a year's worth of travel, and sell the next), or if there was a mechanical reason that prevented them from adding the credit to the cruise.

OF course with COVID, they may have different processes and perhaps reduced staff to handle these tasks.  

I'm pretty sure right now the time frame isn't a question, or I was just really lucky. For my cruise coming up in August I emailed my share holders info like 5 months ago and they added it within a day.

Looked on future cruises on my account and the OBC is showing but it’s showing under my Husband’s name not mine. Is it because we have put both our accounts on the app to the same credit card - his? Might we encounter a problem if it’s under his name not mine?

5 minutes ago, Cruising Nomads said:

A question for UK cruisers who usually sail with P&O. Do you just supply the same details or is it more complicated by having to email Princess with a Share Certificate to claim shareholder OBC. Many Thanks.

I just send the same document I send to Princess. P & O were really on the ball this time I got the OBC for a cruise in November added in a couple of days. For P & O and Cunard send to      shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

Edited by amajaa

Thanks for your reply. That was not my query. When I sail with P&O I just send an email  with my share holder certificate number my cruise booking ref and my name and address. What I am asking are these details enough for Princess cruises to claim shareholder OBC or do they need a copy a the share certificate itself?

I just send the number when it’s with P&O. But I sent a copy of my certificate when I requested OBC from Princess. It only took a day to be credited ( that was in March for a cruise departing this week.)

We have not cruised Princess since becoming Carnival shareholders, but have cruised HAL and Carnival (and Royal). In all cases, I submitted the paperwork 1-2 months before the cruise, and the credit was added quickly (<2 weeks). I do remember specifically saying in the cover letter to please send us an acceptance response via email. I also seem to remember you can't apply until you have made that final payment.

I also seem to remember that the shareholder discount may not apply if your TA gives you cabin credit.

• Like 1

I applied for the benefit via e-mail late this past Wednesday for a December cruise which my TA discounted.  Benefit showed up in my account later the next day. 

I do not recall ever receiving a confirmation of any type in the past. Simple enough to look it up in the personalizer under 'Payments'.