New ArriveCAN - v2.28

Fouremco

4 hours ago, netpj said:

I think if you go to the App store on IPhone or Play Store on Android and find the installed app, it will tell you if there is an update available and also the version history that is installed, in other words it appears you need to do a manual update.

There was no update for me. I deleted and re downloaded  it. Very easy to fill out now. Much simpler for cruisers.  

I don't do apps but my on-line version offered me the update with one click. It had saved our previously entered information including passport numbers and proof of vaccination. We can't enter any cruise information until 72 hours before. You never know; there could be changes by June.

I have the latest ArriveCan app version 2.28.6 on iOS. We are boarding a ship in LA this Saturday April 30 returning to Vancouver May 7th. I already had some pre-filled sections including Entry by Marine. Others have mentioned that now it needs the name of the cruise ship and stateroom number. I just don’t see that. Is it because I can’t enter the date of embarkation until 72 hours before?

1 minute ago, redtop101 said:

I have the latest ArriveCan app version 2.28.6 on iOS. We are boarding a ship in LA this Saturday April 30 returning to Vancouver May 7th. I already had some pre-filled sections including Entry by Marine. Others have mentioned that now it needs the name of the cruise ship and stateroom number. I just don’t see that. Is it because I can’t enter the date of embarkation until 72 hours before?

The ship name is required, cabin number(s) is optional.

You can enter an acceptable date to test things out. Just don't complete the submission.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, broberts said:

The ship name is required, cabin number(s) is optional.

You can enter an acceptable date to test things out. Just don't complete the submission.

I just don’t see the requirement for ship name and/or cabin number at all and I have the latest version. I’m hesitant to delete the app and re-install as the warning says “ Deleting this app will also delete its data” I have already entered all my personal information, NEXUS and vaccination records and don’t want to have to re-enter everything. Will I really lose this data if I delete and re-install?

So maybe its rare, does anyone know if ArriveCAN lets you input naturalization certificate info if you are sailing without a passport? Naturalization certificate is listed as a official document proof of citizenship. Thx

1 hour ago, redtop101 said:

I just don’t see the requirement for ship name and/or cabin number at all and I have the latest version. I’m hesitant to delete the app and re-install as the warning says “ Deleting this app will also delete its data” I have already entered all my personal information, NEXUS and vaccination records and don’t want to have to re-enter everything. Will I really lose this data if I delete and re-install?

467F0548-226B-4AC8-BFBA-67EADAD41EEC.thumb.png.aa3a6681c84f4d9b404bf7d3b859fe5b.png

Maybe it is only for Apple users.  I have a BlackBerry running Android so maybe I get an exemption for having outdated technology. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The app stores sometimes send the updates out to users in waves to avoid overloading their servers every time a popular app gets updated. Just let it sort itself out. 

Also if you've already started your submission (not the upload of passport and vax details, but the actual trip details) you may need to discard and start again to get the new prompts. 

Edited by cmich068

@ByThePondI just don’t see that all in my latest app and all I really want to know is if I delete the app and re-install will I lose all my pre-entered data?

I didn't loose my info. I deleted and re downloaded. All my passport info and vaccine info was there. The saved trip I did was gone, but with the new version I didn't need all the info I submitted before.

Edited by son3cruisers
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, redtop101 said:

You get a screen asking if you are arriving by cruise ship.

Screenshot_20220425-195640_ArriveCAN.thumb.jpg.50801c94012d48b4555ab0df736ce4bc.jpg

When you select Yes the screen changes to

Screenshot_20220425-195701_ArriveCAN.thumb.jpg.143c3385e0a6f5c773abe43436f05655.jpg

Edited by broberts
  • Thanks 1

Food for thought.  For those who are taking a Chromebook, laptop, or tablet you can get into ArrivCan web page via wifi instead of fiddling with phones and the app.  I tested it with my Chromebook, that I travel with, and it worked exactly the same.  Nice to have the keyboard and larger screen for sure.  Suppose if needed and you are staying over could use a hotel business centre pc to fill it out.  With 72 hours to complete I'll more than likely use my Chromebook for my tired old eyes.

Edited by ALD18

22 hours ago, lderochi said:

Thank you for the clarification. It just seems odd to me that for a visitor arriving in Canada via a cruise ship, who has to use ArriveCan to embark, ArriveCan would not give that person a heads up that the GOC also requires a Covid test prior to embarkation. 

I think the government’s original plan required cruise visitors to test twice, once pre-embarkation and again before the port stop if it was later in the trip.  It’s that second test they’re likely referring to as being no longer needed.

• Like 1