New ArriveCAN - v2.28

Fouremco

Just downloaded newest version. It asks name of cruise ship and stateroom number. But quarantine plan is now gone. We got our second booster on Friday, and booked antigen test, so really feel that we are going to finally cruise again in a couple of weeks. Getting excited!!!!!

• Like 3

I think if you go to the App store on IPhone or Play Store on Android and find the installed app, it will tell you if there is an update available and also the version history that is installed, in other words it appears you need to do a manual update.

• Like 1

I went to play store and it said latest was 04/21. Tapped update and latest one downloaded. Knew it was different because there was a question about name of ship,  which stateroom. And no question about quarantine.

I did a trial run as well, and eventually came to this screen, which confused me. It seems to say there int a testing requirement for fully vaccinated passengers. That’s . . . Not what the government has said. 9753CD33-8BB3-41FA-A1DE-826E481E5A81.thumb.png.6ec2f18ddc8b9d7ac6ba432b007ce784.png

I think I have the latest version but it's dated April 21 so... who knows. That is when they added the cruise ship option. I think that's only for arrive by Marine port? so for the cruises coming to Canada. My version also removed the quarantine questions. Seems all rather easy now though. It also saved the passport information under "travelers" so I don't need to rescan those. We aren't travelling for a few more weeks but I didn't want to have to do all of this right before we go. 

Oops, never mind, I found the specific cruise ship information - you have to go through some links and it is *not* intuitive. It’s not ideal that Arrivecan takes you through a series of questions where you very clearly state that you are a cruise ship passenger, and you end up on a page that gives you the impression that testing is not necessary for fully vaccinated passengers - and you can complete the Arrivecan process and get your receipt without ever having to upload proof of a negative test. That is going to confuse a lot of people. But since the cruise lines themselves are requiring the test, maybe not. 🤷

1 hour ago, MamatoJack said:

How do I know if I have the latest one? It's V2.28.7 but I don't think it did an update today... 

My iPhone version is 2.28.6 and I updated this morning. I think it is the 28 that matters. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lderochi said:

I did a trial run as well, and eventually came to this screen, which confused me. It seems to say there int a testing requirement for fully vaccinated passengers. That’s . . . Not what the government has said. 9753CD33-8BB3-41FA-A1DE-826E481E5A81.thumb.png.6ec2f18ddc8b9d7ac6ba432b007ce784.png

There's no need for confusion. The first bullet says that fully-vaccinated and their accompanying children under 12 don't have to produce any test results.

The second bullet says that "All other individuals", in other words those not vaccinated or accompanying children under 12, do need to provide test results.  That's consistent with GOC regs.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lderochi said:

I thought the GOC position was that all cruise passengers need pre embarkation testing, regardless of vaccination status? 

ArriveCan is talking about returning to Canada. You still need to be tested to get on board. 

Oops, never mind, I found the specific cruise ship information - you have to go through some links and it is *not* intuitive. It’s not ideal that Arrivecan takes you through a series of questions where you very clearly state that you are a cruise ship passenger, and you end up on a page that gives you the impression that testing is not necessary for fully vaccinated passengers - and you can complete the Arrivecan process and get your receipt without ever having to upload proof of a negative test. That is going to confuse a lot of people. But since the cruise lines themselves are requiring the test, maybe not. 🤷

You are conflating arriving in Canada and boarding a Cruise ship. Not the same thing to the bureaucratic.mind.

• Like 1

Thank you for the clarification. It just seems odd to me that for a visitor arriving in Canada via a cruise ship, who has to use ArriveCan to embark, ArriveCan would not give that person a heads up that the GOC also requires a Covid test prior to embarkation. 

28 minutes ago, squadron said:

After 4 shots I am annoyed that I have to be tested before boarding.

4 shots doesn’t protect you from getting Covid, only serious outcomes from the virus. Testing is helpful for ships as well as government to know who’s boarding or trying to board with the virus or not. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, squadron said:

After 4 shots I am annoyed that I have to be tested before boarding.

I don't see a correlation. You might as well of said, "After two years of COVID ..." Or "After booking a cabin ...".