How to make joined resies specialty dining?

TrinaLC

We have 3 cabins traveling together under different resies. We have “linked” via invite as per the new protocol.

I’d like to make specialty restaurant resies for all 3 cabins (6) but can’t see how to do that. 

should we each make individual and then when we board ask for a table for 6?

TIA1

• Like 2

A couple of years ago on the Valor I had a group of 8 for dinner. I made the reservations under my folio. When it came time to settle the account, the waiter gladly split the bill among the 4 couples.

On our December Panorama cruise we had two linked cabins.  Both pre-purchased specialty restaurants and when it came time for meal we were sat together.  I'd make that pre-cruise purchase and then once on board, contact the place(s) you plan to dine in and double check, but it shouldn't be a problem.  

• Like 1

Recently on Mardi Gras we had a party of 5 for the steakhouse (reserved 2 tables prior to the cruise and went to the restaurant immediately after boarding to see if we could get merged to one table).  They said they'd do their best to accommodate us (reservations were sold out) but we could not keep our preferred dining reservation time (6:30) if we wanted to be at the same table.  So we agreed to take whatever they could offer to put us at 1 table (and ended up with 5 pm).  

8 hours ago, Colorado Cruzer said:

I was told as long as they are linked officially by carnival, they will automatically group them together for specialty dining.  I will still confirm with the steakhouse when we get on board becasue our reservation is night 1 and it's 8 people.

that isn't always the case.  My group were all linked on Mardi Gras, but still had to link our bookings together if we wanted to sit with each other.

Hi,

I was able to book our 2 cabins together by adding the booking number for the other cabin into my cruise manager reservation page.  It's a step further than linking the parties because you would then have complete access to their reservation.  It works fine for families though.

Tina

On 4/30/2022 at 4:09 PM, Are.we.there.yet? said:

Actually... It's the booking and order details page not the cruise manager page.  Sorry about that.

Thanks for this!  We had added them as "cruise companions" but adding the actual bookings is a whole new level!

On 4/29/2022 at 7:23 PM, TrinaLC said:

We have 3 cabins traveling together under different resies. We have “linked” via invite as per the new protocol.

I’d like to make specialty restaurant resies for all 3 cabins (6) but can’t see how to do that. 

should we each make individual and then when we board ask for a table for 6?

TIA1

The only way I've found to do that is to add all their other booking numbers to your Cruise Manager. Then you can act for them, for making reservations, BUT you will have to hand the payment for the entire group. You can perhaps split it on different cards (I'm not 100% sure) but I've done it for family cruises, for excursions & such.