Italy scraps eu plf from 01 May 2022.

Tuscany4

The U.K. Gov website now says passenger locator forms no longer required for Italy from 01 May.

Been on Italy Gov sites and all still out of date and not been updated. I know some of the mask requirements have been extended till mid June for transport but now exempt in shops and restaurants, hotels etc.

The covid admin nightmare continues. Anyone have any up to date info.?

26 minutes ago, Tuscany4 said:

I know some of the mask requirements have been extended till mid June for transport but now exempt in shops and restaurants, hotels etc.

I think that this is correct.

As a resident of Italy, I believe that masks are recommended in shops etc., from today but not compulsory. 

Please refer to this source for more info. 

Edited by blag
Additional info; correction based on further research

11 minutes ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

We weren’t asked to show our plf in Rome airport on arrival on 23rd April. Azamara said we had to do the plf for arrival yesterday in Ravenna but no one checked. Azamara issued proper CE marked FP masks for wearing on shuttle bus yesterday and transfer coach today.

I don't think it is/was the responsibility of the authorities at your point of arrival. The airlines are/were required to check this documentation.

BTW the government in Italy stipulates that the masks to be worn on public transport etc are FFP2, not FP. (List of places where they are obligatory below)

airplanes
ships and ferries used for interregional transport services
High Speed, Intercity, Intercity Night, and Interregional Trains
buses connecting more than two regions
buses/coaches used for chartered services with driver
local and regional public transport
indoor performances in theatres, cinemas, concert halls, entertainment venues and live music
indoor sports events

In other locations e.g. shops, the single use, surgical-type masks are still OK, but since the FFP2 type are available nearly everywhere, most people are wearing these. 

Edited by blag
Additional info
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, blag said:

I don't think it is/was the responsibility of the authorities at your point of arrival. The airlines are/were required to check this documentation.

BTW the government in Italy stipulates that the masks to be worn on public transport etc are FFP2, not FP. (List of places where they are obligatory below)

airplanes
ships and ferries used for interregional transport services
High Speed, Intercity, Intercity Night, and Interregional Trains
buses connecting more than two regions
buses/coaches used for chartered services with driver
local and regional public transport
indoor performances in theatres, cinemas, concert halls, entertainment venues and live music
indoor sports events

In other locations e.g. shops, the single use, surgical-type masks are still OK, but since the FFP2 type are available nearly everywhere, most people are wearing these. 

Yes it was FFP2 that Azamara issued us with

• Like 1

Guest Cooper2020
29 minutes ago, Marmaduke said:

It is now 4 May and the  EU PLF site has still not been updated, so who do we believe, the UK Govt who say that from 1May a PLF is not needed to enter Italy or European PLF website?

I have completed it anyway for the 8th - it wasn't difficult

5 hours ago, Marmaduke said:

It is now 4 May and the  EU PLF site has still not been updated, so who do we believe, the UK Govt who say that from 1May a PLF is not needed to enter Italy or European PLF website?

We arrived in Italy yesterday on Onward and nobody asked for a PLF