Dining reservations to coordinate with show times

fellswoop

1 hour ago, fellswoop said:

First time making dining reservations in Medallion app. What dinner times to pick to coordinate with either first show or 2nd show and be on time?

Thank you for the help!

8 minutes ago, Kitty Ellas Mom said:

I'm glad you asked this b/c I'm wondering the same thing.  And, if it matters which ship you're on, or if the show times are standard across the board?  I'm on Majestic to Alaska mid June.

Depends when voyage is as some ships have had only one show, but very recently seeing mention of the normal two shows.  As ships fill up, I think we will see the two shows and perhaps more consistent scheduling.  You can check the photos of Patters posted from recent live voyage reports.

Assuming situation normal, I'd say around 7:30pm and 9:30pm, give or take 0:15.

As for dining, are you dining alone or in a larger group as the latter takes more time.  We can show up for dinner between 5:45pm and 6:00pm and make the early show.  

Officially, Princess indicates that any of 5:00pm, 5:20pm, 5:40pm, 7:00pm. 7:20pm, 7:40pm will align to make shows as these are considered the legacy TD times.  Of course, Princess default is dine early for the late show or early show and dine late.  But it is normally possible to dine early and get the early show.

1 hour ago, fellswoop said:

First time making dining reservations in Medallion app. What dinner times to pick to coordinate with either first show or 2nd show and be on time?

Thank you for the help!

I chose 5:00/5:30/5:40 early dining for the 7:30 pm shows I bookmarked on app for upcoming cruise. 

Show times probably vary with ship and itinerary.  On our recent Discovery times were 7:30 and 9:30.  We always went to the first show, then directly to dinner and never had a problem getting in almost right away without reservations.  We were probably there at about 8 or a little before.  

If you want to go before the first show, reservations are probably needed.  

We aren't picky as to where our table is or who our waiters are, so we don't bother with reservations.

If you have to finish eating by a certain time, tell you waiter and they will do there best to make sure you are done in time.

3 hours ago, dog said:

I chose 5:00/5:30/5:40 early dining for the 7:30 pm shows I bookmarked on app for upcoming cruise. 

Plus eating at a table for 2 is always much faster. Eating with others always slows down the whole dinner process unless your with people who think alike. 

our recent cruise on Ruby Princess had shows at 7:30 and 9:30p. Game shows in Explorer lounge were at 8:15 or 8:30 and ended around 9:15 p in time to  catch the 2nd show

19 hours ago, dog said:

When do the shows appear on the app as for our cruise in 6 weeks all we have showing on the app are things where they are trying to sell things like the jewellery or the art?

5 minutes ago, amajaa said:

When do the shows appear on the app as for our cruise in 6 weeks all we have showing on the app are things where they are trying to sell things like the jewellery or the art?

Mine showed a month before but were added gradually 

• Like 1

When we sailed on Sky Princess it had come across from US and then the show times changed for the following cruise.  Apparently US and European people prefer different set ups.  When it comes to the app you should bear in mind that if you book once on board, trying to get  a peak time table of your choice, they are not always offered.  My advice would be pick same time, same restaurant every day at a peak time and then change on a daily basis as you wish. If you aim for first performance you can have a second performance default but always consider port day excursions you are on if they are long.

Regards John

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, travelbuds said:

We are 3.5 weeks from our cruise and have nothing on JourneyView yet.

Don't worry about JourneyView. It only shows the patter on your phone and is next to impossible to navigate through. 

Get a copy or two of the paper Patter from your cabin steward or the Pass service desk it'll make your life much easier. 

Better yet, bring a highlighter to mark up your patter, take a photo of it & you'll have easy access anytime of all your events.

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

...Get a copy or two of the paper Patter from your cabin steward or the Pass service desk it'll make your life much easier. 

Better yet, bring a highlighter to mark up your patter,............

Thank you. That is what we have done in the past without the Medallion.

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Don't worry about JourneyView. It only shows the patter on your phone and is next to impossible to navigate through. 

Get a copy or two of the paper Patter from your cabin steward or the Pass service desk it'll make your life much easier. 

Better yet, bring a highlighter to mark up your patter, take a photo of it & you'll have easy access anytime of all your events.

Absolutely!